The song that got you into...Journey/Steve Perry Vs Arnel Pineda who is better?

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
The song that got you into...Journey

[youtube]5I-SbwCHJ80[/youtube]​

Rush is my Dad's favorite band and Journey is my Mom's so both of them were playing a lot when I was little. This ong is my mother's favorite so it was playing the most when she was listening to music. Like Geddy Lee Steve Perry has some of the most unique Vocals I've ever heard and the rest of the band is awesome as well. When I heard Perry left Journey I was upset but when I heard Arnel Pineda's voice I was surprised they found someone that sounded even remotely like Perry which brings us to the second reason for this thread because if I don't mix these up I'll get bored with them and stop doing them.

Steve Perry Vs Arnel Pineda who is better?

[youtube]2o42DB5gLBk[/youtube]​

Arnel has been the lead singer since 2008 replacing the man they first got to replace Perry. Since joining they prosduced there newest Album Revelations, went on tour in Arnel's home country of the Philippines as well as playing at the Super Bowl. Geat credentials in the first 2 years of being with the band but what surprised me the most (like I stated above) was his voice. The fact they were able to find someone that even remotely sounded like Steve Perry was great because if they didn't I'm sure many fans would have stopped listening. My choice would have to be Steve Perry. no disrespect to Arnel but Perry will always be the singer I associate with Journey

Lets not fool ourselves right now, Arnel sounds so much like Steve that its not funny. Arnel is a great great lead singer. I first saw him on that metal show when they were doing download 09, and my jaw dropped. I was like what the hell is up with this? OK Steve you can come out from behind the curtain.

Well after he was singing, No Perry. Just his amazing vocals. It might be a cover of Steve's vocals. But he is so dead on with his pitch and tonal range that he just takes over ware Steve left off. You can be a Journey fan from years ago, and haven't herd the new album and listen to Arnel singing and would think it's Steve.

But I still believe that Steve is the man in journey, and he always will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back