• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Rock : Predicting his next appearence.

Fansince1992

Getting Noticed By Management
The last couple of weeks i have been wondering to myself when The Rock will be appearing on Raw again. I have a few mixed thoughts about his speech he made on Raw the night after Wrestlemania.

Did the Rock really mean what he was saying about returning one day and winning the WWE Championship? He said something like "The Rock laughs in the face of Impossible" meaning he would find it hard to fit in another WWE run around his busy acting lifestyle, but he would damn well try his best to achieve this.

The night before he had just beaten John Cena in the biggest built match ever. The Rock must of felt pumped that night on Raw, and to add he was in his hometown of Miami. As of now the Novelty of Wrestlemania has probably worn off, not just for The Rock himself but for everyone. Was he just saying what he said because his victory over Cena was still very fresh in his thoughts? Being there in a WWE ring on Raw was still very fresh in his thoughts also.

I'm not saying The Rock was lying to us, i really do miss him. Those few weeks he appeared on Raw on the road to Wrestlemania were fantastic. How many other people were like YES! The Rock is on Raw again tonight? I know i was one of them.

I havn't really followed what the Rock has been thinking or doing since Wrestlemania or what Movies he is working on this year etc. If others know what his plans are then please feel free to fill me (and others who may not know) in.

I'm Hoping to see him again with perhaps some appearences and a match or two towards the end of 2012. Sooner would be amazing, maybe Summerslam?

What do ya all think?

ROCK will obviously be saved for one of the big 4 ppvs, seen as he has already Done Survivor Series and Mnaia in his return, it would be fair to say that Brock vs Rock for Suummerlam, 10 years after Brock won his first WWE Title from Rock at Summerslam 2002. Lesnar will get over his short feud with HHH next month then move on to Rock

In response to Brock vs. Rock at SummerSlam, it should be done. However will it, unlikely.

Brock has 24 dates remaining. WM is going to feature a high-profile Lesnar match, this means you need to use at least 14 of those dates for build + the match itself. That leaves 10 dates. Brock vs. HHH will happen using roughly about 4-5. That means Brock can only have 1 other feud. Brock vs. Rock would use the rest of Brock's dates. So it comes down to whether or not WWE want to go with the big pay off or use Brock against say CM Punk to help boost Punk.

On to Rock now...

I don't believe that he'll be in a match at SummerSlam. 2 films he'll be shooting throughout the summer, to come in for a feud would be harder to do. If anything I'd save Rock for the Rumble, have him enter as one of the last 5 as a surprise, no hints or anything. Do not give Rock the win, but have him as one of the last two but make it controversial so next PPV Rock can go for the belt, win it and come WM drop it to someone else. A short run but it will be effective.

However I doubt a return for him in the sense of a feud before next year due to his schedule.

That would be funny to see The Rock making fun of johhny ace, and johhny sce not being able to do anything, ok you gerbronie your not only killing my show but raw as well how about i come down there and put a size 17 up your candy ass,

I think he'll come back on the July 23rd RAW 1000th episode celebration. He'll return to start his feud with whomever he's going to be fighting at Summer Slam (IF he's returning to fight at Summer Slam).

In response to Brock vs. Rock at SummerSlam, it should be done. However will it, unlikely.

Brock has 24 dates remaining. WM is going to feature a high-profile Lesnar match, this means you need to use at least 14 of those dates for build + the match itself. That leaves 10 dates. Brock vs. HHH will happen using roughly about 4-5. That means Brock can only have 1 other feud. Brock vs. Rock would use the rest of Brock's dates. So it comes down to whether or not WWE want to go with the big pay off or use Brock against say CM Punk to help boost Punk.

On to Rock now...

I don't believe that he'll be in a match at SummerSlam. 2 films he'll be shooting throughout the summer, to come in for a feud would be harder to do. If anything I'd save Rock for the Rumble, have him enter as one of the last 5 as a surprise, no hints or anything. Do not give Rock the win, but have him as one of the last two but make it controversial so next PPV Rock can go for the belt, win it and come WM drop it to someone else. A short run but it will be effective.

However I doubt a return for him in the sense of a feud before next year due to his schedule.

You are looking at the dates thing WAY to much. Brock could build a fued via Sattelite with ease my friend. Kinda like Rock did with Hogan back in 2003 or even with Cena in 2011. He doesnt need to show up 4/5 times with Triple H. 1/2 be fine. Brock will go after Punk eventually...I believe after he gets rid of Triple H. Brock as Champion = money.

As for your Rumble suggestion...Rock turning up as a surprise is awesome for the paying fans, but advertise Rock being in the Rumble and see your buy rates get considerably bigger.

Personally I want to see Rock back for Summerslam and think he will.

You are looking at the dates thing WAY to much. Brock could build a fued via Sattelite with ease my friend. Kinda like Rock did with Hogan back in 2003 or even with Cena in 2011. He doesnt need to show up 4/5 times with Triple H. 1/2 be fine. Brock will go after Punk eventually...I believe after he gets rid of Triple H. Brock as Champion = money.

As for your Rumble suggestion...Rock turning up as a surprise is awesome for the paying fans, but advertise Rock being in the Rumble and see your buy rates get considerably bigger.

Personally I want to see Rock back for Summerslam and think he will.

Yeah I'll admit I possible am looking at the dates too much. But it was just an example more of IF they build Brock's feuds like that it leaves little to no room for him to face Rock.

I do agree that the buy rates would increase, I think maybe if they had Rock in some other role for the PPV, such as special ref in the WWE Title match, then they can advertise him but keep his Rumble match apperance a surprise. For example, Rock is ref, Punk retains, Rock hits him with a Rock Bottom...Later during the Rumble match Rock comes out to participate then the next night on Raw explains he shouldn't be a ref but should be fighting for the title which leads to Rock vs. Punk...

Again in agreement, Rock back at SummerSlam would be great. I will still remain doubtful on it though due to his schedule, however anything is possible and Rock vs. Brock II would be fantastic to have on the card.

You are looking at the dates thing WAY to much. Brock could build a fued via Sattelite with ease my friend

What's to say that satellite appearances weren't negotiated as an appearance in Lesnar's contract? That would explain the use of Heyman instead of Lesnar delivering the 'I Quit' message himself via the titantron. Just a thought on that 1.

Anyways, as for The Rock I think the most plausible scenario is maybe a pre-recorded spot on the 1000th Raw, maybe one or two more drive-by appearances before the years out and then the surprise entrant in the rumble angle leading to Rock v Brock @ WM29 (which Rock will win then drop the strap at the next PPV)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back