The real/unedited version of Cena on CNN is now on WWE.com

Mad Metal

Getting Noticed By Management
After watching the unedited version of Cena's answer when asked if he used steroids really makes me wonder what kind of society we live in where biased people such as CNN completely gave the incorrect view on what Cena said. In the CNN piece, it sounds like he's saying "I've done steroids, but you'll never be able to catch me." In the unedited footage, he's saying "I haven't taken steroids, but it doesn't matter. Because no matter how many drug-tests I pass, people will always have their excuses for why I passed despite being 'roided-up'." Let's put the entire "Cena sucks" or "Cena has no talent" to the side seeing it's completely off topic and for once be serious on the current situation which is very unfair and is a good example how the media in the United States would do anything to make wrestling look horrible. Ironic, don't you think?

http://www.wwe.com/inside/cenaoncnn/

So yeah, what are your thoughts on this?

In a country in which the news media is highly suspect, and the quality of unbiased reporting has been thrown into the trash can, CNN has stooped to new depths. Notwithstanding the fairness, or lack therein, of CNN’s recent piece entitled “Death Grip: Inside Pro Wrestling,” perhaps the best example of how CNN misrepresents and unfairly presents their biased, if not illegal, point of view is the comparison of WWE’s unedited video above to CNN’s edited version. CNN’s depiction of John Cena as it relates to steroids is not only professionally and morally wrong, but damaging to his character.

Umm... wow this is pretty bad, not to mention just plain irresponsible, now I'm not what you would call a Chain gang member, but I think Cena did answer the question pretty damn well, but they way CNN twisted his answer and aired it completely out of context was just plain fucked up, not to mention really fucking stupid, did they really think WWE was just going to stand back and let them get away with it?, really CNN c'mon you can't really be that fucking ******ed, WWE isn't going to stand back while you mis quote their top star, and attempt to damage his career, reputation, and character

It baffles me how low CNN stooped just to sell a story. I used to take Journalism and one of the first things we learned was never put your bias into anything, and to never misquote anyone- two things that CNN did and so blatantly that it pisses me off. No wonder John was dissapointed to see the documentary... it was a one-sided, bad pieace of Journalism (if you can call it that).

Flames Out
Dragon

I wonder if we will ever have a tv station, a radio station, or any other type of media outlet where both sides of ANY story are going to be told equally and fairly. The world we live in is so biased and so one sided that CNN has the oddosity to blatently misrepresent everything that was said by John Cena. Props to jake because he's right, how many people do you think were watching CNN at the time that this aired. Maybe a lot, maybe a little, but I'm sure those people are now if they werent in the mindset that all the wrestlers are roided up freaks. Its a shame........

What do you expect, it's CNN. Along with MSNBC they are the bottom feeders of society. People like to bash FoxNews, because they don't kiss liberals asses, but at least they report accurately. It doesn't surprise me in the least bit that they would try shit like this.

It actually reminds me of watching a Michael Moore movie, everything edited, taken out of context, and full of shit.

True, but damn that little thing called the Truth getting in the way of such epic storytelling. Michael Moore is the master of Fiction, but he's not trying to be.

This same thing happened to Mick Foley....they showed him a video of a bunch of kids droppin legs, and doing things that wouldnt hurt...then they asked his opinion on the footage and he said that it looked fun.

Then they showed him a vid of kids goin all out hardcore and asked his opinion on it. He begged the kids to stop.

Then when it aired they put his first opinion (the one where he says its fun) over the hardcore part...

And this was years ago, so I'm not shocked they did the same to Cena.

Just think how many people will have seen CNN and who won't have seen the unedited version.

I think thats why the WWE lawyers will go to town on CNN. They'll want to publicise this as much as possible to reach those same people.
I'm not overly familiar with the US media but i always thought the portrayal of the media in something like The Simpsons was a joke. Now i see there is far more truth in it.
I'm absolutely amazed that CNN thought they could get away with it. To be quite honest it's an absolute disgrace and they deserve everything they get.

Just think how many people will have seen CNN and who won't have seen the unedited version.

Thats what I was thinking... Even with WWE.com posting the original, theres still people who are just gonna watch the news, see Cena say he took steroids, and not bother checking it out, shake their head, and walk away with an even worse opinion of wrestling than before.

I think thats why the WWE lawyers will go to town on CNN. They'll want to publicise this as much as possible to reach those same people.
I'm not overly familiar with the US media but i always thought the portrayal of the media in something like The Simpsons was a joke. Now i see there is far more truth in it.
I'm absolutely amazed that CNN thought they could get away with it. To be quite honest it's an absolute disgrace and they deserve everything they get.

The problem is are they going to get away with it, if i was the wwe i would be looking at a law suite not just posting the story on wwe.com which no every normal human being reads just the iwc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back