The ratings grabber

Christian Battlez

Getting Noticed By Management
So Raw just pulled in a 4.1 rating last Monday after a terrific No Way Out ppv. This was the biggest ratings boost theyve gotten since February of last year. What do you think the reason for this is?

The fallout from Orton and Shane's No Holds Barred match and the continuation of the Legacy/McMahon saga.

The World and WWE Championship confusion.Who was gonna challenge who at WM and would one of the two champions come over to Raw. Which one would it be?

Did Shawn Micheals get his freedom back? Or did JBL gain lifelong control over Micheals?

These seem like they would be the biggest concerns in a wrestling fans mind after No Way Out leading up to raw. What do you think? was it one of these? or was it something else? discuss...

I think it is a combination of things. Wrestling fans are enjoying the product again and are all for the most part turning in. No Way Out was a great Pay Per View, and got people wanting to watch this weeks. WrestleMania is going to be on soon, and this is always the Raw that will set up all the Wrestlemania matches.

I would say it was definatley due to the title confusion. I forgot about the Orton stuff to be honest and definatley forgot about the JBL/Michaels shit. All i wanted to see is who would show up, Edge or HHH. Who would confront who, what was going to happen!?!?!

I just wanted to know what direction WWE was heading in for WM and an Edge/Cena & HHH/Orton idea is something i dont thing many of were thinking.... Good by WWE, they got the ratings they deserved on this one, well done Vincey.

I would say it was a combination of te Legacy/McMahon storyline and to see what was going to happen to the RAW titles since both titles were won by Smackdown wrestlers. It was the intrigue of " Who's moving? Triple H or Edge?" I also think the McMahon/Legacy storyline is reminding fans of the good ol' days of SCSA vs the "authority figure" except this time the authority figure is over instead of the rebel. Not that the HBK/JBL storyline isn't interesting, but these two things are far more intereasting in my opinion.

ORTON ORTON ORTON

I think Shane and Stephanie is helping also, the entire Orton vs the McMahon's thing is very entertaining

Edge winning the title also probably made people tune in to see what the hell was going to happen

but right now Orton is the Top Guy in the WWE PERIOD he is on FIRE right now I really hope he stays healthy and good thing they got rid of Manu and Snuka from Legacy that would have made the Stable look weak

Oh Yeah and Jericho feuding with the Legends and the Mickey Rourke rumors also helps

It waination of all of them, and id say the vast majority of fans were interested in RAW, becuase of ALL the happenings at NWO. Not so much the HBK-JBL thing, becuase I feel it was fairly obvious he was going to win, but im pretty sure EVERY person who watched NWO, watched RAW to see how all the insanity would shake out. Also dont leave out the part that this was the very last stop on the road to Wrestlemania, and the first RAW that sets up WM is always a huge interest show, so I dont think its nearly attributable to just one thing.

i would say Orton/Legacy, WWE/World title situations, HBK/JBL, and even the Jericho situation. For the first time in years, at least in my mind, Monday Night Raw had a chance to have a great moment every segment. Plus, with MITB qualifying matches strating soon, Austin making appearences, HBK challenging the Undertaker's WM streak(they better not screw this up and make HBK jump through hoops with John Boobs Layfeild),the continuation of the world/wwe title programs(including Orton and Legacy), and the draft coming right after WM,it looks like WWE Tv is gonna be good for awhile

No, no, no, you guys don't get it.
It's fairly obvious that it was HHH that raised the ratings on RAW !
Two McMahon's AND the Game on the same show is a sure ratings raiser.
Tripple H alone saved Smackdown, and when RAW started to slide, they just
had to bring him back to save that show.
I think centering both RAW and Smackdown around HHH will result in the next
boom in pro wrestling history.
<sarcasm mode off>

I think the ratings went up because of the fact there featuring familiar people and angles from Attitude era and Superstars era. It proves that old names will still draw like Shane Mcmahon and add Piper/Flair etc to that. Also that the brand split is stale and mixing up shows is interesting. They should end the split imho (and guys jump from show to show sometimes anyways) but we know their is going to be a draft so that will help it a little..

Kurgen

I was about to call you a moron until you finished your comment lol
But I think RAW is doing really well right now. The show has multiple storylines going on and they have all interested me.

It was the anticipation of what shake ups could potentially happen. Would RAW really not hold a belt going into WM? Would Edge have to cough the belt up? Was that the final chapter in Orton-Shane?

It was a great ppv in making you wonder what was going to happen next.

Personally, I don't really go out of my way to watch RAW. If i'm in my house, and got nothing going on, i'll tune in. But this one, I def. wanted to see and made sure I was home watching it. I'm a huge fan of the show "24" and usually just tape RAW on my DVR and watch it at some point during the week, but that night I chose RAW over "24".

My reasons, mostly the title situation. After seeing Edge win, and having the PPV close out with that, honestly the last thing on my mind was the Orton saga and even further from my mind was the HBK angle. I wanted to see Edge on RAW, or see HHH show up, and find out what was going to happen with the title situation. I'm a big fan of Edge, but I just have too much going on Friday nights to stay home and tune in to Smackdown!, so see'ing him live on RAW was def. a treat I was looking forward to... not so much see'ing Vickie though, and that kiss made me vomit.

The Orton thing did have a slight part of my interest as well, as i'm a huge fan of his, so I wanted to see where the storyline would progress from there. It kind of tied into the Edge thing, as I was hoping that Orton would come out and challenge him, setting up a match and feud between these two for Wreslemania.

As for the HBK angle, that's kind of gotten boring IMO. I'm glad that they are ending that, and letting him move on to face Undertaker. I watched the PPV so I knew that him and JBL were done, so the last thing on my mind before tuning into RAW was him.

This is what happens when you put on a good show, when your product is solid, and when the storylines create intrigue. You get ratings, it's as simple as that. Lets hope the creative team keeps up the good work, and doesn't drop the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back