• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Original Nexus Members

Daniel Bryan - So much love for Daniel Bryan, sure he has very good in ring skills, but thats not good enough. Tyson Kidd also has good in-ring skills, much like Masters and Barreta, but this isn't enough. He has 0 charisma, awful mic skills and the worst theme song in the WWE.
His In-ring skills are enough to give him a job and maybe a world title run, but one like Benoit, if they do it and he impresses me, then I'm fine, but if they do one like Swagger I riot, at least Swagger had mic skills and charisma.

Garbage, utter garbage.

The idea that Daniel Bryan has no charisma or can't cut a promo is a lie, an oft repeated, much cited lie, but a horrible, horrible lie nonetheless. Bryan oozes charisma. It's his own brand of charisma, to be sure, but it's the same kind of charisma that Benoit and a young Jericho had. The crowd is always engaged in what he does in the ring. He's still building himself, so you don't always hear a pop when he enters the arena, but you can be sure by the time he's done wrestling, that crowd is impressed with him. As far as mic skills? I have no idea what people talk about when they say he can't cut a promo. His skills are every bit as good as Benoit's were.. They're not flashy, they're not over the top, they're not electrifying. There's more than one way to skin a cat, and there's more than one way to cut a promo. It's quiet intensity, an underlying ferocity. He doesn't need to be flashy, he just needs to transmit the fact that he can kick your ass. And he does that very successfully. He's also humorous when he wants to be. Watch his shtick with Bateman, or his new youtube videos. He's a multifaceted, talented promo man who has a variety of weapons in his arsenal. Want proof that it's working? The crowd response when he got fired helped bring him back. Crowds react to him left and right, just like they did for Benoit. He's over, he's charismatic, and he can cut a promo. Deal with it.

And as far as the worst theme song, what's wrong with you? Have you even heard the tripe that Otunga and McGillicutty come out to? Or Chris Masters' utterly generic music? Ride of the Valkyries fits Bryan perfectly. It's classic, it stirs the blood, and it's an indication that someone is about to get fucked up. Pitch perfect for Bryan.

Furthermore, why would you be angry if Bryan got a similar title run to Swagger? In your world, Bryan isn't as good as Swagger. You should explore critical thinking, sometime.

Wade Barrett
-Clearly Barrett is seen by many to have the brightest future. He started off hot. Leader of the Nexus, took out top stars, handful of WWE title matches, but nothing ever amounted. Now he is on SD and floating around the midcard. Had a lackluster IC title reign and now it looks like he could be moving onto a feud with MITB briefcase winner, Daniel Bryan.

Justin Gabriel
-Gabriel has great potential as a high midcarder. He is flashy and his 450 is something the fans could really get behind. I've never seen him as a main event kind of guy, but he definitely could be a mainstay to the midcard for along time.

Heath Slater
-Call me crazy, but I've always seen something in Heath Slater. I've been a Heath mark since day 1, so maybe I'm blinded by my liking for the kid. He has a look you just want to hate and an attitude to boot. The guy is just hated and the WWE could really run with that.

Skip Sheffield
-Sheffield certainly has the looks and he has an odd sort of charsima. I think his injury was more serious than we thought and that is why we haven't seen his return yet. He certainly has the potential to be a badass on Raw or SD. Hopefully we get to see him, as I think Shef has some potential.

Darren Young
-Does anyone really care about the kid? He got a shot at the main roster and now he is back on NXT fighting for another shot on NXT. I just don't see much in Darren Young and I'm surprised he still has a job.

Michael Tarver
-I was a bit bummed to see him cut. Tarver had solid mic skills and his whole backstage thing was somewhat interesting, but nothing ever came of it. Tarver has some midcard potential and I'm sure he'll catch on in Japan, ROH, or even TNA.

David Otunga
-Ya know I was never really a fan of Otunga during NXT, but I kind of dig the guy right now. I think he could do a good job being the leader of his own group. He has possibly the best mic skills in the group (or 2nd to Barrett). I really like what him and McGillicutty are doing and think they could be a solid team if the WWE lets them.

Daniel Bryan
-And that leaves us with DB. Right now I'm unsure as to what will happen with Bryan. I hear complaints he lacks charisma and mic skills, but I quite enjoy his promos. I think Bryan has an odd charisma and it works for him. He is clearly the best in the ring out of the group. What I'm unsure of when it comes to DB is if they are actually going to put the strap on him or if he loses the the cash-in or the briefcase. It was a shocking move for sure and I really hope they pull the trigger and give him the title.

Wade barret: i dont get what people see in him, he sucks, and thats all im saying about that, my opinion so leave it be. he is annoying on the mic, and not very good in the ring. yes he does have a IC championship reign under his belt but still. hope he doesnt win a major title, it would be a waste.

Justin Gabriel: he has midcard potential maybe a few US and IC reigns and possibly some more tag team title reigns in his future.

Heath Slater: same as justin gabriel, i also dont see why people bash him so much, he is pretty good inring, needs work on his mic skills.

David Otunga: he sucks so much it actually hurts, he shouldnt be in the wwe anymore, seriously kick him out, he cant wrestle and his mic skills are below average at best. his "celebrity power" is so irrevelevant and doesnt mean nothing, so what if hes married to someone who hardly anyones ever heard of, no big deal to be honest, but thats my opinion.

Skip Sheffield: this guy has so much potential, i hope he recovers soon, and they put him in fcw for a bit to get him back up to speed then i hope he goes to smackdown for a bit, maybe win the IC or WHC once or twice, maybe keep him on smackdown til they sort the overpacked raw locker room out then have him head back to RAW to go for the wwe belt.

Michael Tarver: he is gone, which is rather unfortunet, he was one of the only guys that i really liked. well, otunga and barret were the only 2 i disliked but still, the wwe missed out on this guy for sure.

Darren Young: never got behind him, he just didnt cut it, as for nxt redemption, i think this was like his one final chance, hopefully he is tossed out of the wwe and goes elsewhere like independant circuit, or japan wrestling (or whatever its called, the place that mvp went to).

Daniel Bryan: him leaving the mexus was the best idea ever, he did great at summerslam when he helped team wwe win, he even knocked out what was it, 2 nexus guys before he was beaten up by an angry miz if my memory is correct? since then he had a great US championship reign and now that he has the blue breifcase i see big things in his future.

Garbage, utter garbage.

The idea that Daniel Bryan has no charisma or can't cut a promo is a lie, an oft repeated, much cited lie, but a horrible, horrible lie nonetheless. Bryan oozes charisma. It's his own brand of charisma, to be sure, but it's the same kind of charisma that Benoit and a young Jericho had. The crowd is always engaged in what he does in the ring. He's still building himself, so you don't always hear a pop when he enters the arena, but you can be sure by the time he's done wrestling, that crowd is impressed with him. As far as mic skills? I have no idea what people talk about when they say he can't cut a promo. His skills are every bit as good as Benoit's were.. They're not flashy, they're not over the top, they're not electrifying. There's more than one way to skin a cat, and there's more than one way to cut a promo. It's quiet intensity, an underlying ferocity. He doesn't need to be flashy, he just needs to transmit the fact that he can kick your ass. And he does that very successfully. He's also humorous when he wants to be. Watch his shtick with Bateman, or his new youtube videos. He's a multifaceted, talented promo man who has a variety of weapons in his arsenal. Want proof that it's working? The crowd response when he got fired helped bring him back. Crowds react to him left and right, just like they did for Benoit. He's over, he's charismatic, and he can cut a promo. Deal with it.

And as far as the worst theme song, what's wrong with you? Have you even heard the tripe that Otunga and McGillicutty come out to? Or Chris Masters' utterly generic music? Ride of the Valkyries fits Bryan perfectly. It's classic, it stirs the blood, and it's an indication that someone is about to get fucked up. Pitch perfect for Bryan.

Furthermore, why would you be angry if Bryan got a similar title run to Swagger? In your world, Bryan isn't as good as Swagger. You should explore critical thinking, sometime.

The idea that Daniel Bryan has charisma or his good in the microphone really blows my mind, I have seen him since he debuted and I still think he sucks, just give me an evidence of this mystique powers of him to ooze charisma and be entertaining on the microphone, because I never saw it.
He is a talented promo man? LOL so what you say about Wade Barrett, The Miz, Christian, Punk and Cena? They must be all GOLD in the microphone.
Tops he is below average, and I'm being very nice.
He has nothing to do with Jericho, really nothing. He may be similar to Benoit, but Benoit had the looks in his favor, Daniel Bryan does look like a normal person, so he isn't someone that I would trust a World Championship, and Benoit only hold the big one twice.
His In-Ring ability and his similarities with Benoit (Crossface) got him over, anybody who uses the crossface would be automatically over and he is an IWC darling, maybe if he stays like this in a year you will be all here saying that he is mis-used, not stale, mis-used obviously.
His theme song is atrocious and it doesn't help Bryan in any way, you gave examples of Superstars guys, well so in the main roster he has the worst song, and Otunga & McGillicuty song is way better man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back