The {Official} Stoke City F.C. Thread

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
stoke_city_fc_logo.jpg
Stoke City 1863
stoke_city_fc_logo.jpg

Welcome to the {Official} Stoke City FOOTBALL Club thread. By far the best team in Stoke-on-Trent. I will be keeping you updated on our treck to the Premiership. This is significant for several reasons:

#1 We used to be one of the biggest clubs in the country. Like 60 years ago, but fuck it.

#2 We're one of the oldest clubs around.

#3 We left the top flight of English footbal with the worst record ever. We need to get to the Premiership to do it all over again next season.

brittania_stadium_1_400x300.jpg

This is our ground. The Britannia Stadium. It's a fuckin' dump, and freezing if you're a home fan. My seat is pretty much the bottom left hand corner of the Y. I sit by a man who drinks Bovril. He's a twat.

Anyway last night the MIGHTY Stoke defeated S****horpe to claim top spot in the Championship. We defeated them 3-2, which wouldn't have happened last year. Last year Stoke didn't score, or let any in. But this years has been different. I'm not being bias, Stoke are by far the most entertaining team in the league this season. Usually we're a pretty dull team.

We're top of the table at the moment. But I believe we were the only team in the league to play last night. So It wont last. Briston, Watford or West Brom will probably take over us today. But never fear, because it's not a sprint, and Stoke will be there at the end. If we don't get an automatic promotion place. Which I don't think we will. We'll almost certainly be in the play-offs.

Stay tuned for more.

Stoke have one of my teams old players, Ricardo Fuller. Fuller was a god when he was at Hearts, but we didnt have £1,000,000 to buy him at the time :(

I think West Brom are most likely gonna win the Championship. They have a better group of players in there than any other team in the Championship. I can see Bristol taking 2nd and its down to the wire with Stoke and Watford in the play-offs, we shall see though.

Fuller is a strange player. I wouldn't say he's good, but he score which is the main thing. If he looked up on occasion then he would be amazing. But his style is to run and hope everyone moves out his way.

I think Brom are going to win. They are the most complete team. But it's a lot closer this year than usual. There's 16/17 games left and it's going to be very close. That's why I prefer the Championship. The top of the table is far more exciting than anything the Premiership can offer.

Then again relegation battles in the Premiership are far more exciting than the title race.

The Remaining Fixtures:

Ipswich: Home
Preston: Away
QPR: Away
Burnley: Home
Norwich: Away
Watford: Away
Blackpool: Home
Sheffield Wed: Away
Crystal Palace: Home
Coventry City: Away
Bristol City: Home
Colchester: Away
Leicester: Home

We've not got a really easy home stretch. But If we maintain our form I see no reason why we should really lose any of these. I'm sure will lose at least two. But we'd really have to drop a lot of points to miss out on the play-offs at this stage.

It's after Saturday and we're still top of the table. I assume Watford drew last night. I haven't checked the results, but we're top on goal difference. Bristol City are below but with a game in hand. But if they lose or darw Stoke will still be top come Saturday.

Speaking of Saturday we're playing Ipswich. It'll be a tough game. They're in a play-off place so it wont be easy, but I'm confident we'll get at least a point.

Surprising to see Stoke City do so well this season, considering they are hardly the strongest team in the league. Reading and Pompie did it a few seasons back, so it can be possible for an outsider to win the league.

But if they do go up, I cannot see them staying up there for more than a season. Stoke-on-Trent is hardly the place you can get the world class footballers to come stay, not enough shops for the wags or clubs for a roasting session. :( The same thing what Roy Keane said applies to Stoke :)

Anyway, good luck with it, Leeds have to face getting beat by the likes of Doncaster and Bury at home :(

Surprising to see Stoke City do so well this season, considering they are hardly the strongest team in the league. Reading and Pompie did it a few seasons back, so it can be possible for an outsider to win the league.

Physically they're the strongest :). But yeah we ain't the best. Were usually mid table to just below the play-offs. We won't win the league, but if we get to the play-offs I'd fancy us.

But if they do go up, I cannot see them staying up there for more than a season.

No but it's a start. You go up and it generates income for your city. And if you go down there's always the optimism that you'll go up again.

Stoke-on-Trent is hardly the place you can get the world class footballers to come stay, not enough shops for the wags or clubs for a roasting session. :( The same thing what Roy Keane said applies to Stoke :)

You sayin' my home town is a dump? How dare you. We've got a Liquid, Aldi and everything here.

Watford are my championship team simply because I see them play alot and they are local to me, It seems like it will be between Watford, Stoke and West Brom for the top two spots, heres hoping its Watford and Stoke.

I went to the Brtittaia (Sp?) stadium to watch stevenage borough play some other conferance team in the playoff final around two seasons back. good stadium.

My faverite stoke player of all time.... ADE AKINBIYI! he used to do that celebration where he ran over to the powerade stand because it spelt power- ade

I went to the Brtittaia (Sp?) stadium to watch stevenage borough play some other conferance team in the playoff final around two seasons back. good stadium.

It's a dump. 12 years old and it's totally out of date already, getting to the thing is also a total bastard.

My faverite stoke player of all time.... ADE AKINBIYI! he used to do that celebration where he ran over to the powerade stand because it spelt power- ade

He was one of thise players who thought he was bigger than the club he was at. He was doing great at Stoke, but then he was all confused by his own hype. Now he's a last ditch effort player.

Anywa we're still top of the table. I haven't see the results but I assume Bristol drew. Unless they introduced a new scoring system mis season, so we'll go into Saturdays game against Ipswich at the top, in a game I expect us to win.

I can see us staying in the top three for a while, maybe top. A lot of the teams below up (play-off teams I mean, everyones below us :)) are facing each other in their final fixtures, so points will be dropped.

No but it's a start. You go up and it generates income for your city. And if you go down there's always the optimism that you'll go up again..

Or you end up freefalling towards the lower leagues. Look at Forest, Leeds, Bradford, Man City.:(

You sayin' my home town is a dump? How dare you. We've got a Liquid, Aldi and everything here

Its hardly Venice or Rome, is it? ;) Not as bad as Hull though! :D

Or you end up freefalling towards the lower leagues. Look at Forest, Leeds, Bradford, Man City.:(

That won't happen. Stoke will never get enough money do do really well. So we'll always use players that'll give 100% because they aren't given the oppertunity anywhere else. Half our squad are load players, they won't stay forever, but we'll use them to the best of their ability while they're here.

Its hardly Venice or Rome, is it? ;) Not as bad as Hull though! :D

No. But it's no worse than any other place in England. Venice stinks of shit anyway, which is worse than Stoke just looking like shit.

The Sentinel, and Stoke people in general are going crazy. There's total hysteria. ''Stoke are going to win the lague'' ''We'll fnish 10 points clear at the top'' Big Jake says bollocks. We wont finish in the top 2. There's 12 or so games left, we'll lose our advantage. It's certain we'll be in the play-offs. We'd have to go on a really bad run not to get in them. But to say we'll win the whole league if stupid.

Keepin' It Real
Y 2 Jake

Still top o' the table. The match with Ipswich was good. The ref was really poor though. I'm not even being biased because most his decisions were against my team. He really was shit. If I can see handballs from my shit seat then he should be able to. It's his job after all.

Hey Jake do you no of any Stoke games that are on youtube? I wouldent mind whatching a few games. I dont have anything better to do , and hey you never no i might see you lol.

I liked the second vid jake the first one ones cool but the thrid one hurt my ears lmfao. I actually wouldent mind seing a few full mathes of Stoke.

Lost for the first time in a while last night. We're still top but we've played a game more than Bristol City & Watford. So they could both go past us. I'm pretty dissapointed in the defeat. Preston are at the bottom of the table so it's three points that we really shouldn't have dropped.

It happens sometimes Jake. Sometimes players just have off days, is there like a dude who carries the team that wasent playing last night? Or did they just drop a game outt of stupidity?

There was no reason behind the loss. It just happens. Nobody was missing. And from what I hear we dominated the match, but we just couldn't put any of the chances away. Stoke are like that. They blow that many chaces it's unreal. Even my daughter could put away some of them and she, well, kicks like a girl.

Remember peeps. Stoke vs. QPR tomorrow on Sky Sports 1. Kick off is as 1:15. Bound to be a great match. After todays scores come through Stoke will have a clear idea what they have to achieve tomorrow.

Bristol City are currently drawing with Hull. Great. We've got a massive GD over them so the score can stay like tat for all I care. Unless Hull want to go and win it. Which would be cool. In fact if Hull win I'll make this the [Official] Stoke & Hull Promotion Chase Thread.

Watford are winning, which is balls. And that's all I've got to say about that.

Yes. Stoke are still in the top two. Bristol beat Hull. Which is shit. But Watford drew, which is great. So even if we lose tomorrow. Which I don't think we will, we'll still be in the automatic promotion places. It's still very close at the top though.

Two losses in a row. Shame. But I didn't expect us to remain undefeated for the rest of the season. That wasn't a red card though.

But we're still 2nd. Which is good. But we've played a game more than everyone else. Watford are third. If they draw their next game they go top on goal difference. WBA have two games in hand, so if they win both they'll go ahead of us. But to be honest they're all better teams, and the season has been an unexpected pleasure so far anyway.

Drew with Burnley after a last minute penalty. We're second again. But Watford and West Brom didn't play, or haven't played yet. Still play-off are more than I expected so I can't complain.

WTF? Stoke were at home? Shit. Why do I even bother with a season ticket?

I have to say I'm glad to see Hull in a play-off place. Although I'd be pissed if they went up instead of Stoke.

In an ideal world, stoke, hull and watford would go up, i hate bristol and west brom.

jake i saw in the paper the other week you signed a new keeper, cant remember who he was? carlo nash? he's not going to be as good as marlon fulop, marlon fulop was one of the reasons stoke has been doing so well, will he be missed?

Who the fuck Is Marlon Fullop? I honestly can't remember the name, or the man. So no. I'm pretty sure he isn't going to be missed. If he was any good though us selling him would be normal. If we ever have a decent player they always move. Then become nobodies at other clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back