Premiership & Football League 2009/2010 Season

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
Football League for the two posters I'm aware of who don't support Premier teams. Madcap (Palace), Sam (Charlton?), this is for you. Seriously, what the fuck happened to Charlton?

Anyway, fixture lists are out this week. Wednesday I believe. I doubt very much Stoke will get a good final run of winnable games like last season. Aston Villa on the final day of the season and Liverpool & Man Utd in the final 10. My guess anyway.

Ah the last season of football league football for Darlington, if we don't get a buyer anyway. We have Dean Windass as a player/assistant manager which is always good for publicity. Hopefully he gets his fat arse back into the league two groove where he played so well for Bradford. Other than that a bunch of sixteen year olds will take us down.

As for the Premier League, it is Liverpool vs United in a fight to the death for that 19th title. At the moment I give Liverpool the edge. They need a winger or two and a decent substitute striker. United need to spend the £80m wisely. Tevez and Valencia is a start, could do with a left winger too. Aside from that the Brazillian twins will either be bloody brilliant or suffer SSS.

At the bottom I will go with Bolton, Birmingham and Wolves to go down. Burnley will do a Hull. I always tip Bolton for relegation and I hope to be right this year, but the bastards always scrape through.

In the Championship it will be West Brom and Reading up automatically, with Newcastle and Middlesbrough scrapping it out at Wembley in the play-offs. That game would be fun.

For relegation I don't think I can go for anybody other than Burney in last place. Last year I thought it was Hull, if I wasn't a Stoke fan I probably would've said them. Burnley, Wolves & Wigan for the drop. An another boring Man Utd title win.

Chelsea will be fourth.

It's hard to say before seeing where the money is spent, but I'm thinking Liverpool will do it this year. Man Utd were poor until Ronaldo started playing last year, and they will struggle without him.

Chelsea won't be very good, but they'll still come third. I think Tottenham will come fourth. They were very good when Redknapp took over, and Arsenal have got to rely on a lot of average players.

6th and 7th will be Villa and Everton, and City will come 8th, fully capitalising on their investment. The top ten will be rounded out by Fulham, who I am now a season ticket holder with, and probably Blackburn in 10th.

Burnley are as good as relegated, they just don't have the resources that even Hull had, and I think Birmingham will continue in their role as this decade's Palace, and get relegated again too. Wolves will stay up by the skin of their teeth, and Hull will succumb this season, because they think buying Frazer Campbell is a good idea. That being said, it's another season with about 9 teams that are bad enough to go down.

So, very preliminary Tastycles league prediction is

1. Liverpool
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham
5. Arsenal
6. Everton
7. Aston Villa
8. Man City
9. Fulham
10. Blackburn
11. West Ham
12. Stoke
13. Bolton
14. Portsmouth
15. Sunderland
16. Wigan
17. Wolves
18. Birmingham
19. Hull
20. Burnley

As for the division below, Ipswich have money and the motivational power of Keane, and I expect the Sunderland story to be repeated and them to win the league. West Brom have got that division sussed, and I can see them coming up too, which leaves a very interesting play-off situation. I think Newcastle, Reading, Cardiff and Sheffield United will be in the play offs, with Reading making it.

Football League for the two posters I'm aware of who don't support Premier teams. Madcap (Palace), Sam (Charlton?), this is for you.

What about Lee :icon_biggrin:
Anyway,I'm backing United to win again,but closer than last year.Expect it to go down to the last day,where United will face West Ham,as always.
Liverpool,Arsenal and Chelsea will round off the top 4,with the gunners stealing 3rd from Stamford bridge.

To go down,it has to be burnley in last.They'll either do a brom and go bottom and stay there,or a hull and do well,but then go back down.They need Robbie Blake to stay fit,or they're fucked.Hull will go down too.They'll pick up where they left off last year.At the bottom.And to join them in the football league,I'm backing Brum to join them.The bolton of the noughties,too good for the championship,not enough for the premiership.

I hope to god Man Utd don't win the league, The fucking glory hunters are appearing in force again.

I hope Liverpool snatch it, Basically because of the fans. They would follow the club to the end of the earth. With a few decent investments(mainly attacking wise), They could very well take the title.

I fancy Burnley to do a Watford, Go up then spent the next few season in mid table Championship places. The rest of the places could be filled with any 2 of 8 teams.

Yeah, I hope Liverpool do it. Purely so I can see some different shirts on my high street. I'm bored of Man Utd. Even the Chelsea fans have all gone into hiding now. It's almost like they lose intrest once they're not winning. I've always wondered where all the Newcastle & Spurs fans went.

I can't decide what's gonna happen league wise until all the transfers are done really. With the loss of Ronaldo, Utd are seriously going to struggle. Valencia is coming in, but i'm expecting someone else. Tevez may stay, or I see Aguero coming to Utd. Arsenal will probably strengthen too, but they'll struggle. It's going to be close, i tell ya that.

Yeah, I hope Liverpool do it. Purely so I can see some different shirts on my high street. I'm bored of Man Utd. Even the Chelsea fans have all gone into hiding now. It's almost like they lose intrest once they're not winning. I've always wondered where all the Newcastle & Spurs fans went.

Definetly, It's what makes Midlands clubs great, We tend to follow our teams to the grave. Through thick, And thin. I have respect for supporters like, But these fuckers that live 100 miles away from the team they support, And have no connection what so ever gets up my nose.

OrtonIsLegend said:
I can't decide what's gonna happen league wise until all the transfers are done really. With the loss of Ronaldo, Utd are seriously going to struggle. Valencia is coming in, but i'm expecting someone else. Tevez may stay, or I see Aguero coming to Utd. Arsenal will probably strengthen too, but they'll struggle. It's going to be close, i tell ya that.

I wouldn't say struggle, It's not like your going to get relegated, But if Ronaldo goes, You need some one class to replace him. I doubt ANYONE would be getting Aguero this year, As much as I want to see him in England. I doubt he will leave Athletico will let him go for anything under £100mil.

will continue in their role as this decade's Palace, and get relegated again too.

oi...

anyway... I think the premier league will be a little more open this season and I can see Chelsea or Liverpool lifting the trophy, Arsenal and Man U for the Champions League spots and the meh Europe league filled by random. As far as relegation goes, I think Sunderland, Birmingham and Wolves will be in trouble. Burnley will be last season's Stoke. Mark my words. Their tenure in the FA and League cups show they can more than hold their own against the big boys.

For the championship, I see Boro and West Brom going up, Newcastle will struggle but will get a playoff spot. Either way, that division is gonna be reall hard next year, my dear beloved Palace are in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back