The [Official] "Adult Males 4 John Cena" Club

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I was rewatching my Vengeance 2006 bonus disc this morning, which featured a title match on Raw with John Cena taking on defending champion Rob Van Dam. As I looked out into the crowd, taking in the mixed reactions that both men were receiving, do you know what I saw? What caught my eye and made me brim with pride? Grown men in John Cena t-shirts and jerseys, cheering Cena and taking part in that match by mimicking The Chain Gang Leader's mannerisms.

Yes, I say! Stand up my brothers! We are adult males and we can like John Cena too! The Best Wrestler in the World is not just for the women and the children, and them getting regarded for their fandom before us is starting to disgust me! I am one of the biggest John Cena fans in my homeland of Canada, and I want to be regarded as equal in my fandom as the women and children who also worship at the table of The True Champ.

So adult males, let your voices be heard! Chain Gang, assemble! Show your support, share your favorite John Cena moments, and cheer The Best in the World on tommorow night when he looks to regain his WWE Championship!

My favorite Cena moment was when he had his battle raps with Big Show and Kurt Angle. Also loved his Parking Lot Brawl with Eddie Guerrero and his rap beforehand.

I'll be celebrating my birthday so I won't be able to watch RAW tomorrow night.

man FUCK JOHN CENA!!!! he is to overrated by marks, easily the most boring main event wrestler to ever step foot in a wwe/f ring,however, i loved when he did a rap to kurt angle but got dissed back, i liked him back then,holla!

Most boring main event wrestler ever?

Not even the most boring of this era.

Are you not familiar with one Randy Orton?

Definitely nowhere near the most boring main eventer ever.

I'm not particularly a fan however. The only time the man seems to able to deliver in a big match environment is when there's a gimmick involved.

I respect John Cena as a worker. I am not a fan of his persona today, which is just essentially John Cena on steroids. The rapper had far more potential of being a true pop culture icon and making WWE a lot more money, in my view.

So, not particularly a fan of the character, but I defend him as a worker and defend him against the "5 Moves" bullshit.

The fact that Mabel main evented a Summerslam will ensure for eternity that John Cena is and will never be the worst main eventer the WWE has ever had.

Change the name of the club to a less homoerotic club name :p

If he brings the attitude he had when he had the rap gimmick ill think about it

didn't the chain gang died like 3 or 4 years ago?? now all i see are just children and women in orange shirts shrieking and calling themselves the cenation :lol:

You lie!

You too!

Well can you name me a great non-gimmick match Cena has had? I mean I suppose you could argue that his match with RVD wasn't technically a gimmick match, but it was ECW.

If you mention that abysmal Cena-Lashley match I'm going to cry Coco.

Cena vs. Michaels in London.

Cena vs. Jericho, Survivor Series last year.

X to disagree in 3... 2... now.

Cena vs. Michaels in London.

Still don't see why people creamed themselves over that and their WM23 match. I'm a massive HBK mark and neither of those matches really had that "big match" feeling to them. They were both solid, at the very least ***, but I'm talking about GREAT matches, like ****+ material. Most of the **** matches Cena's been involved in seem to be gimmick matches from my memory.

Oh wait, I remember a great non-gimmick match he had, his match with 'Taker at Vengeance in 03. That was a solid one.

Cena vs. Jericho, Survivor Series last year.

Haven't seen that, I'll have to get around to that. I went through my almost annual losing interest in the WWE phase right around after Jericho returned last year.

X to disagree in 3... 2... now.

Well I can't disagree with Cena/Jericho since I haven't seen it. I thought his series of matches with HBK were very overrated. Good, not great.

I think Cena-Michaels played well with HBK's refusal to stay down causing Cena to lose the cool that his WM23 win gave him. Cena started the match with that cocky grin that we don't see enough of from him and was quick to go for what he used to beat Michaels at Mania, but this plan of attack didn't breed the results that The Champ hoped for with HBK having several key Cena moves scouted through-out. I thought Cena was brilliant as the match went on, nothing happening before it should and nothing happening to the point where we felt we were being beaten over the head with the story. It was all presented very organically. IMO, it's Cena's best match and it gets underrated by those who accuse its praise of being a result of its length.

To be honest it's true that many people have overrated it because of it's length. Like I said, good match, but I wouldn't consider it Cena's best work, definitely not HBK's, and definitely not a four star match.

But, that's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back