The NXT Thread Is Like Ring of Honor's Bay-Bay!

The fuck does the venue have to do with ANYTHING ??? It can make a match more fun, but it has zero bearing on the pure quality of it

Big man!

It does!

If its a Wmania, a SSlam, it just adds to the allure of the match. DOnt get me wrong I loved it, but its the darkest of the dark horse for MOTY.

There was awesome crowd participation. I also dont agree with the rest of it, a great match doesnt need to have anything to do with a great build. Your all a bunch of haters.
Build or venue mean nothing to me. It was an awesome match. But the fact that I can readily name a slew of matches this year I feel were better means it's not a MOTYC for me. That's all I said. And you're literate, so I'm sure you realize this and are directing your post at JMT. And I'm just posting a rambling defence of myself because I fear your arms. Okay, I'll stop now.

I'm actually a bigger fan of the smaller, more intimate venues. Not quite bingo halls; a Madison Square Garden sort of thing. Stadiums suck out more atmosphere than they add.

Build or venue mean nothing to me. It was an awesome match. But the fact that I can readily name a slew of matches this year I feel were better means it's not a MOTYC for me. That's all I said. And you're literate, so I'm sure you realize this and are directing your post at JMT. And I'm just posting a rambling defence of myself because I fear your arms. Okay, I'll stop now.

I can name better matches as well. Hence "contender"......Best match? Dunno about that, but it deserves the honor of making the bill.

An atmosphere has a lot to do with making a match great imo. It's why no matter how many "classics" went down in Universal Studios for TNA, how many matches there are recognized as true classics? Not as many as there should, and the atmosphere of that crappy venue has a lot to do with it.

Now, NXT's venue is much better than that of Universal Studios, but still... there's no denying that you put that match in MSG when both guys have had time to get over with the audience in a bad ass feud that lasted for weeks, maybe a couple of months, and they do the exact same match, you can't deny it makes it all that much better. It's just like if RVD vs. Cena at ONS happened in Fort Worth Texas instead of the Hammerstein Ballroom. Is it still a good match? Sure, but it's not the classic that it is because the atmosphere wouldn't be the same.

I can name better matches as well. Hence "contender"......
Really? Because I like my contenders to actually contend, which we've both established that this match can't.

Ah, pointless semantics on a wrestling board. I can't can't help but shoot for the stars!

This is the part where I shuffle my feet, look down and mutter, "Well, I think it might be match of the year."

I'd also put Bo Dallas versus Antonio Cesaro, another NXT match, high up on the list. NXT's just unlucky that Daniel Bryan and CM Punk exist, really.

NorCal seems to be pitching a tent for the Daniel Bryan gauntlet - versus Swagger, Cesaro and Ryback - and it's hard to blame him. Otherwise, there's Daniel Bryan versus John Cena, Daniel Bryan versus Ryback, CM Punk versus The Undertaker, Rob Van Dam versus Christian versus Randy Orton, AJ Lee versus Kaitlyn at Payback, The Shield versus The Usos... and a ton of others which I can't possibly list off the top of my head.

And I'd happily put Cesaro/Zayn up there.

How would you all feel about a thread in the main section wherein we ******e our favourite NXT wrestlers? You know, like this thread but somewhere else.

Oh, and regarding the match of the year discussion, these irritating NXT fans are plainly on my side:

[youtube]axfjHbtjRFE[/youtube]

And what a shame it is too.

KpZ7jHn.jpg

Soon.

So are we looking forward to this getting on tv in the fall?

If they keep it in its current format, it can only be a positive thing for the roster to have some level of famiuarity with the audience before they debut. Also, they can(wont, but can) advertise for the show, angles and wrestlers on the big shows.

NXT's crowd is pretty cool. I have special love for Florida folks. NXT and WM28: The Rise of Bryan.

And this:

[youtube]aBIKed_9gfg[/youtube]

They deserve a US TV deal.

About venues, can I just say whenever I hear the number around 17,000 in attendance at a PPV, I have this vibe that its gonna be a good crowd.

Nauseau Colliseum, MSG, Philly hit that magic mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back