• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Music Shadow isn't Listening To Today...

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
So, I just got back from a party at a co-worker's house. He lives with his girlfriend a few blocks away from George Mason, the university she currently attends (I seriously need to go cruising for cooze at that campus, man...she is a dime piece). Anyway, as it was more her event than his, it was the normal college party, beer pong, flip cup, and what not. While I wasn't surprised with the antics, I was surprised with the music that was playing.

I was particularly intrigued by this one song, where some guy says that he isn't afraid of some girl's boyfriend because he's "a fucking vegetarian." He then goes on to give some sage advice, which is something like, "don't trust a ho, never trust a ho, won't trust a ho." Then, some other guy talks about doing "the Helen Keller."

Just thought I would let all of fellow old men know about what kind of music populates the Top 40 nowadays.

That song sucks my wang..."Shut your lips/Do the Helen Keller and move your hips"

That's a line in that song. And Fergie still makes music. That's why I listen to ESPN Radio.

I'm with TM, What ever happened to good wholesome bands like Joan Osborne, the Corrs, U2, and Sarah McLachlan? That music you listed, is nothing more than degrading crap. Hence, I don't hang with my younger cousins who are in college. They roped me once, because one of my friends was begging me to go help her get over her ex. We walked in, I heard that annoying "Ms. New Booty" song, and immediatly left.

I always say you can never go wrong with Death Metal and Johnny Cash. thats what I deal in. I havent had MTV on my tv screen in a good 7 years now

In Grade 7, we had an assignment where we had to design an album choosing 5 current songs or what not, and this is around the time the song "Blue Monday-Orgy" was quite popular. So like good students, we set out to find the lyrics for the song, and remember, I went to a Catholic private school which will add to the story. We sat down, and what do we type into google to find the lyrics? the word "Orgy". We learnt so much that day about the birds and the bees.

[youtube]nl4btoX24M[/youtube]

I always say you can never go wrong with Death Metal and Johnny Cash. thats what I deal in. I havent had MTV on my tv screen in a good 7 years now

That's a good philosophy, with maybe some Norweigen Black Metal thrown in there. I just can't listen to only metal, 'cause I start getting angry. Not in a bad way, it just starts affecting my job. That's why I listen to the Sarah McLachlan, Corrs, and Joan Osborne etc. They calm me down. BTW, what metal bands you listen to?

And this. Hop out of da bed turn my swag on! Do kids have a switch on them these days?

Jesus christ it's times like this i'm so glad I stick with slipknot. Greatest band ever.

That's a good philosophy, with maybe some Norweigen Black Metal thrown in there. I just can't listen to only metal, 'cause I start getting angry. Not in a bad way, it just starts affecting my job. That's why I listen to the Sarah McLachlan, Corrs, and Joan Osborne etc. They calm me down. BTW, what metal bands you listen to?

Behemoth, Deathklok, All That Remains, Sepultra, Dark tranquility, In Flames.

I know that likely crosses all maner of sub genre, but I dont EVEN give the first amount of a shit about trying to over classify things. Metal is fuckin metal.

I also listen to a ton of Slipknot and Rob Zombie once again, I would classify that as metal, but then people will start getting all anal about it. I find it hilarious that people who project themsleves so brutal and badass get so worked up over little itty bitty classifications of music.

Listenin to Eyeless by Slipknot right now. With a Sid solo in the beginning. What a fucking amazing DJ he is.

Behemoth, Deathklok, All That Remains, Sepultra, Dark tranquility, In Flames.

I know that likely crosses all maner of sub genre, but I dont EVEN give the first amount of a shit about trying to over classify things. Metal is fuckin metal.

I also listen to a ton of Slipknot and Rob Zombie once again, I would classify that as metal, but then people will start getting all anal about it. I find it hilarious that people who project themsleves so brutal and badass get so worked up over little itty bitty classifications of music.

Yeah, it annoys the piss out of me, too. That's actually a very impressive list, to say the least. If you're ever looking for something a little darker, give Mayhem a listen. Fuckin' brutal.

[youtube]V1tbfVVclak[/youtube]

Another song on my list of 5 from when I was a kid. These guys were pretty good considering they were 15.

KSE, as well.

whats even more odd, is the tunes that I play the MOST are Apocolyptica, which is all strings and classical instruments for the most part, no words. ha.

KSE, as well.

whats even more odd, is the tunes that I play the MOST are Apocolyptica, which is all strings and classical instruments for the most part, no words. ha.

That's why I love death and black metal. We don't need lyrics so much. In fact, with Apocolyptica (good band, love 'em too.), they're actually getting back to the roots of metal, that being Classical, specifically Wagner. If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest getting a copy of Metal: A Headbangers Journey on DVD. Ultimate and should go in any metal heads collection.

I won't deny her looks, and if I'm drunk I'll dance to her. But ONLY when I'm drunk. I can't be held responsible for those actions though. I won't give her songs the time of day sober.

lamb.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back