• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Match Of The Decade

The Match Of The Decade

• The Rock Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin: WrestleMania XIX

• Kurt Angle Vs. Shawn Michaels: WrestleMania 21

• AJ Styles Vs. Samoa Joe Vs. Christopher Daniels: Unbreakable 2005

• Triple H Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin: Three Stages Of Hell/No Way Out 2001

• Edge & Christian Vs. The Dudley Boyz & The Hardy Boyz: Triangle Ladder Match/WrestleMania 2000

• Mick Foley Vs. Edge: Hardcore Match/WrestleMania 22

• Ric Flair Vs. Shawn Michaels: WrestleMania XXIV

• Triple H Vs. Cactus Jack: Hell In A Cell/No Way Out 2000

• The Undertaker Vs. Shawn Michaels: WrestleMania XXV

• Kurt Angle Vs. Chris Benoit: Royal Rumble 2003

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd like to throw out another match that I somehow neglected to mention in my last post, a match that I consider to be among the greatest ever, not just of this decade. In fact now that I think about it, this might just be my favorite match of all time, or at the very least in my top five.

The match? Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi from NOAH on March 1st, 2003 for the GHC Heavyweight title. If someone were to ask me why I watch puroresu, the first thing I'd do (besides give them a copy of the '94 Super J Cup) would be to make them watch this match. Anything you thought two middle aged men could do in the ring, forget about it immediately. Though I know many on here aren't keen on Meltzer, there's a reason Kobashi and Misawa have so many five star matches. They're simply two of the greatest professional wrestlers to ever live, with Misawa possibly being the greatest. Watching this match is like taking a mushroom trip (odd analogy, I know), every time you think you're at the peak of the match and that it can't get any better, they step it up another notch. When you're sitting there, out of breath with your hands in the air saying "What the fuck could they POSSIBLY do next?!", and of course, they top that as well. By the time the match is over I'm exhausted and satisfied in a way few wrestling matches have ever left me. I'd put a video up but I can't seem to find one on YouTube or DailyMotion, but if you'd like to see the match PM me and I can likely send it to you.

Can't believe I forgot to mention that match.

I'd like to throw out another match that I somehow neglected to mention in my last post, a match that I consider to be among the greatest ever, not just of this decade. In fact now that I think about it, this might just be my favorite match of all time, or at the very least in my top five.

The match? Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Kenta Kobashi from NOAH on March 1st, 2003 for the GHC Heavyweight title. If someone were to ask me why I watch puroresu, the first thing I'd do (besides give them a copy of the '94 Super J Cup) would be to make them watch this match. Anything you thought two middle aged men could do in the ring, forget about it immediately. Though I know many on here aren't keen on Meltzer, there's a reason Kobashi and Misawa have so many five star matches. They're simply two of the greatest professional wrestlers to ever live, with Misawa possibly being the greatest. Watching this match is like taking a mushroom trip (odd analogy, I know), every time you think you're at the peak of the match and that it can't get any better, they step it up another notch. When you're sitting there, out of breath with your hands in the air saying "What the fuck could they POSSIBLY do next?!", and of course, they top that as well. By the time the match is over I'm exhausted and satisfied in a way few wrestling matches have ever left me. I'd put a video up but I can't seem to find one on YouTube or DailyMotion, but if you'd like to see the match PM me and I can likely send it to you.

Can't believe I forgot to mention that match.

You made me remember another classic match that I should have added: Kurt Angle Vs. Yugi Nagata. That match should have definitely been on the poll. I also respect your opinion as to how there's no matches from ROH, Indies, or Japan on the poll. I just put up matches that are from mainstream wrestling. You have a valid point though.

You know, I was actually going to come in here and say that Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels from WM19 was by far the best match of the decade. I was going to talk about how underrated it was and how it’s a classic that everyone who calls themselves a wrestling fan should watch. But then Xfear made that post. I sent him a PM asking him to show me the Misawa vs. Kobashi match from Noah in 2003. I saw the match and I don’t think there has been a match better than this one thus far in this decade. Don’t get me wrong though, I still think Shawn vs. Jericho is underrated and that it’s a classic, Misawa vs. Kobashi is just better. So everyone, please send X a PM for the match and see it. I don’t know if he’ll be happy about me telling you guys to do that, but I’m sure most of you will be happy you saw that match.

Anyways, after just seeing this match literally minutes ago, I still can’t believe some of the things I saw. These two men gave it their all and it payed off. I was extremely entertained and I’m happy I decided to see the match instead of going to sleep. Everything about the match was just spectacular. There were even times that I thought the match couldn’t get any better. And guess what happens next? If you guessed, the match suddenly became better then you guessed the correct answer. I had fun watching this match and at times I thought that they were going to end it because of the things these two men did. For example, there was one part were Misawa gave Kobashi a suplex off the stage and I thought it was over then and there. But I was wrong. They got right back up seconds later and continued to wrestle. I honestly can't believe how awesome this match was and I’m telling each and every single one of you, you will not regret watching it because it’s that damn good. Definitely match of the decade with Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels coming in at number two.

Reactions: X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back