• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Man Who Will Beat Ric Flair's 16x World Championship Record?

Dr. Mantis Toboggan, M.D.

Dog The Bounty Hunter
John Cena
john+cena+world+heavy+weight+champion.png

As of last night's edition of Monday Night Raw, John Cena is now an 11 time World Champion. I think he can easily get another 6-7 runs with the title before he retires. For the longest time I thought Triple H would be the one to break the record, but it's clear he is done with being a full timer, at best he has one more championship run in him. Edge was also a close candidate with 11 reigns under his belt before retiring. The only other person in contention for this honor is Kurt Angle, who I believe has had a total of 12 World title reigns, but I honestly don't see more than 2-3 reigns left in his career.

No one deserves it more than Cena. He's worked his ass off night in and night out for the last 9 years giving everything he has to the fans and to his company. You can't deny that.

I want to know if you agree or disagree?

*EDIT* I'm not just going with Cena because I'm a loyal fan. I just think he should get the honor.

I actually think that he can beat it, do I want him to? I'm not sure.. but there's a big chance he will.. maybe it will be the WWE kicking Flair in the balls.. but Cena can easily be a 16+ world champion, Cena's only 34 years old, he still has alot left in him, and that could be the final accomplishment that would make Cena be considered as one of the all time greats and possibly the greatest of all time.

If Cena does this, we still riot. Can somebody for the love of god please tell me why somebody like Cena may beat Ric Flair's record. FUCKING STOP!!!! Cena isn't shit compared to Flair. I'm telling you, wrestling these days just really shocks me. I mean, Cena is a good wrestler, but he's got the 5 moves of doom and he is always put over very easily, and I am sick and fucking tired of seeing this wigger ass wrestler hold the strap week after week after month after month after year after year. It gets old, just like what in the fuck is he doing winning the title anyways last night, I thought he was gonna be "fired", guess the writing team really fucked that one up also. Anyways, in my opinion, CM PUNK I could see break Flair's record, he's got that energy, everyone is behind him, he could ride the wave for years and years to come and become one of the greatest, you know why? Because, not only do kids like him, adults fucking love him, unlike the MR. PG CENA. So anyways, just my opinion, Cena shouldn't deserve to break "The Man's" Record, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Ringthebell

I totally agree with you. It's absurd that someone with such little talent is sooooo boasted in the "wrestling" world. Last time I checked, you needed to be a wrestler. He is just a built guy (steroid usage) with a gimmick that fits to the youths generation (poor poor generation)

I dont want him to beat that record. Flair was a wrestler and an entertainer. Cena is not credible enough to hold that record. you are right. i will riot till the day i die if he beats it. They might as well give that record to goldust or someone else less deserving.

Anyways, in my opinion, CM PUNK I could see break Flair's record, he's got that energy, everyone is behind him, he could ride the wave for years and years to come and become one of the greatest, you know why? Because, not only do kids like him, adults fucking love him

As much as I would love to see CM Punk break the big record, I don't see it happening. Sure he's really hot right now and doing big things, but I think it's going to be a WWE made star that will do it. I respect your entire post because you are entitled to your own opinions and thoughts but John Cena is the man. I've been a fan of his since he smacked the sass right out of Angle's mouth.

The way its going Cena might pass Flair within a year or two. You know he is going to be champ at WM against the Rock. So unless they plan on him holding the belt from now till WM, he will likely have another reign or two this year.

Dear Lord,

If somehow you actually allow John Cena to surpass Ric Flair's 16 World Title reigns, not only will I acknowledge that you exist but I will pledge my undying allegiance to you.

Your Pal,
Nate

----------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, nothing would make me happier. Not just because I think he deserves it, certainly more than anyone else. But just because of the pure rage that will engulf the internet when it does. My how I will laugh and laugh... and laugh. I absolutely love basking in the misery of you people.

I can't be bothered to read through this and tell all of you little virgins why Cena is the best professional wrestler in the world, but just know that if you disagree, you're wrong.

Toodles!

I've often wondered this for a long time now. Watching as the number of wrestlers with the number of multiple title reigns over ten has risen (I remember when I first started watching and Bret Hart was a four time WWF champion, and that was a big deal back then) and I definitely think John Cena will do it. Why? Because of his age and popularity in the WWE. Do I think he deserves it? Yeah, I guess so. As much as I dislike his character and lack in in-ring skills. He has worked hard and given a lot so I guess he does. Although I would also like to see Kurt Angle break it. TNA promotes him as a 14 time world champ and to be honest it would be fitting for him. An Olympic gold medalist going on to have the most world title reigns. Something Angle would be deserving of.

Yep, John Cena is the most likely candidate no doubts about it, that unless Cena somehow suffers a horrible career ending injury nothing gonna stop him. Although I do feel the World Championships get "Hot potato'ed" so much lately...So anything can happen.

Why not? I swear a god, I don't get all the hate for him.
He sure hell deserves it!! When you ask someone that don't watch WWE, "Who is John Cena?" I bet that he knows who he is, you damn right he knows!!

Now if you ask "Who is Ric Flair?" they will probably have difficulties.
John Cena have been carrying the WWE on his shoulders since he become face, it is true saying otherwise is plain hate and stupid.

I want Cena to break the record, he is super over with the crowd (mans boo, the rest cheer like he is the president of the USA), he always give 100% to put on a good show. He always put on a good show, maybe he is stale, maybe the fans are tired of seeing him, but the truth is that after what 8 years in his position, he still draws more money than anyone!
In a crowd you see a lot of red t-shirts now, like really A LOT!!

Just think if the reports are true, and Cena is working with injuries, the only thing I can say is "Respect"!!
Cena outside of the ring is a 100% loyal to the WWE and WWE fans, he works in more good causes than anyone in the Pro-Wrestling Business, that just shows a lot of John Cena "The Person" which is important in order to have pushes and stuff (at least what it seems).

I really hope he breaks the record and one day he will turn HEEL and you guys are going to be like "OMG I LOVE JOHN CENA".
I would like to see how many buys would a PPV have without Cena (now), I really would.
He deserves it!! Hate me for telling the truth!!

Well if I remember right Jeff Jarret is 12x world champ. Now if you count the AAA championship he won a month or so back that would make him a 13x champ. Now he is in his mid to late 40's so not so sure if he will break it before he retires. But as much as I hate to say it I am also gonna say Cena.

The way they hot shot title changes I expect about 3 or 4 guys to break his record in the next 5-10 years. That's not a good thing. Cena will likely be there in about 2 years, and Orton is right behind. I assume HHH will do it at some point too.

nowadays title runs are much shorter so i think the stat we may need to look at is number of days as champ. cause cena would need about 20 or so runs to equal flair. i dont get it why do people love to hate cena it cant be his move set cause everyone has 7 moves of doom not just cena. its like if the kiddies like it well then the older kids cant like it. its just not cool. im 31 cena was good when he started and he is still good now. he just doesnt make teen nut jokes anymore.i know i got a little off topic sorry.

Cena deserves it b/c he works hard? Bullshit. You do realize that back in flair and hogans day, you worked 365 a year and wrestled twice most weekends for birdseed. Wrestlers these days have 2 days off the road a week and a MINIMUM WWE salary is several hundred grand for on air talent.

Cena may be the hardest worker TODAY, but that doesn't stand up to what the previous generation had to endure for far less. Cena is the worst wrestler to ever be world champion, with perhaps a very short few exceptions.

Beyond all that other nonsense, Flair has 16 title reigns recognized by the wwe, FACTUALLY, flair has over 20 reigns. This has been stated several times in various wwe videos and literature as well.

The magic number 16 will probably fall one day, but it WILL NOT be to a better wrestler or promo man than Flair NOR will it happen to a man that will carry the title with reigns that lasted as long as most of flairs.

I think Cena is the most likely to do it but i dont think anyone should surpass flairs record. Not from this roster anyway. Would i be angry if Cena broke the record, not particulary. Ric flair will always be the greatest in his fans eyes and Cena will always be the greatest to his fans Just like kane will always be the greatest in my opinion. Im not Cenas biggest fan, hell i probebly lean towards the anti-cena band wagon, but no-one can argue he deserves everything he is given.

I see Cena becoming at least a 20-time World Champion, and why not, whether anybody likes it or not, Cena is the biggest draw in pro wrestling since Stone Cold & The Rock. That will not change anytime soon.

Cena is the most loyal, hardworking and deserving guy in the history of professional wrestling.

He loves WWE. WWE loves him.

WWE cares a lot about their image these days, and John Cena is the face for a reason, he is exactly what they want the WWE image to be. Smart, Funny, Good Looking, Healthy, Tough, Charismatic. John Cena lives the WWE and will be around for a LONG TIME. People had better just get used to it ;)

I should top this post off by saying that i am not even the biggest Cena fan, but i respect the hell out of him.

I haven't seen anyone mention Sting. I might not be right about this, but I think Sting is at 15 now.. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

First and foremost, Cena is totally in a position to surpass Flair's incredible record. However, the fact that he is already in a position to look to do so is really just an indigtment of the sad state of wrestling in the past 5-10 years. Now, I'm no Cena hater, far from it. The guy has carried the transition of the WWE into the PG era and no doubt is responsible for a healthy percentage of merchandise and ticket sales. But the fact that he has been able to rack up some a healthy number of title wins in such a short space of time shows one thing... there are few others to rely upon being a draw with the belt. Regardless of the overstated opinion of Cena's lack of ability as a 'wrestler' - let's face it, it wasn't like Hogan was packing an incredible repetoire of moves in the 80s or 90s - the guy has proven that he can put buts in seats and produce top grade matches.
He's no Flair, but he's THE GUY today and should he ever surpass Flair#s record, it won't be an autrocity placed upon the wrestling industry as so many clingers on would like to suggest. Let's face it, the moment Cena turns heel, 75% of the current haters will be saying they loved him all along within two weeks!

If Cena does this, we still riot. Can somebody for the love of god please tell me why somebody like Cena may beat Ric Flair's record. FUCKING STOP!!!! Cena isn't shit compared to Flair. I'm telling you, wrestling these days just really shocks me. I mean, Cena is a good wrestler, but he's got the 5 moves of doom and he is always put over very easily, and I am sick and fucking tired of seeing this wigger ass wrestler hold the strap week after week after month after month after year after year. It gets old, just like what in the fuck is he doing winning the title anyways last night, I thought he was gonna be "fired", guess the writing team really fucked that one up also. Anyways, in my opinion, CM PUNK I could see break Flair's record, he's got that energy, everyone is behind him, he could ride the wave for years and years to come and become one of the greatest, you know why? Because, not only do kids like him, adults fucking love him, unlike the MR. PG CENA. So anyways, just my opinion, Cena shouldn't deserve to break "The Man's" Record, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I understand you do not like Cena but you completely discredited your point being immature and asinine. With that said Cena is a professional, he deserves to be a whatever number champion they allow him to be. Simply saying he has "the five moves of doom" is just obligatory. Point blank, yeah it's your opinion, the same childish opinion spewed out out on a different topic.

Anyway, I always though Triple H would break the record, he had a few great reigns in 2009 and I believe 2010 before he went AWOL in the ring. He has 13 championship reigns under his belt and he can still go a few, he deserves it and yes Cena deserves it because he can carry the company. Just like he has been.

Why hasn't anyone mentioned Randy Orton as a better choice. Randy Orton is only 31 and is already an 8 time world champion, I think Orton will get there before Cena because I can see Cena doing what HBK and Undertaker did, which was not challenge for any titles. I can see him not being in the world title picture after Wrestlemania, only challenging on the big ppv's. It wouldn't be healthy for business to have him in the title picture for that long. Orton's still young and he's on Smackdown. I can see Orton becoming the main face, and Cena the legend. That's why I see Orton beating that, if anyone does beat it.

Cena will not break the record, and until Flair dies, more that likely nobody will. Lets say Cena does hit 17 title reigns, you know the first thing that will happen is Flair will return and win the TNA title, lose it in the same night, and then win the rematch to bring his record to 18.

If anyone breaks the record, I see it being Kurt Angle. The TNA world title is like a hot potato right now. If I'm not mistaken Angle is already a 13-14 time world champ, and I can easily see Russo booking Angle to win the belt a few more times and then feuding with Flair.

It really doesn't matter to me. The difference is that Flair held the title back when it meant much more... they can give Cena 100 WWE World title reigns and he won't be remembered the way Flair was.

I'll also say that Cena has way more of a broad appeal than Flair ever did. I'll also concede that he deserves recognition. It's obvious he at least gives it his best, even though his best isn't that great in the eyes of many.

He is on pace to beat it, and there is no reason to be upset about it. Cena is a good wrestler, and a great Sports Entertainer. And I don't think it would be an intentional shot to Ric's legacy either. WWE has been in rebuilding mode for a good while, John Cena is/was a major draw, a hot commodity, and young. It's no surprise that he got a lot of reigns in considering the time that he carried the show.

Cena will do it, but he isn't going to be remembered like Flair so who gives a shit? WWE will try and play it out like some kind momentous occasion but people just won't give a shit because, well, we all know he's going to do it. The title has like ZERO prestige now. I remember 3 or 4 title reigns used to be a big deal but now any old Joe fucking Walmart can win the belt. Unless Cena gets knocked off his stool as "poster boy" he's definitely going to beat it. I will be angry and you call me a mark or insult me with that IWC crap because I don't care, Cena has no in-ring ability, he's average on the mic and in comparison he's nothing like the Nature Boy, WOOOOO! I would much prefer someone like Triple H beating the record but that's not very likely anymore. Cena doesn't really deserve to beat Flair's number of title reigns....

Come at me, fanboys!

Well sting is a 14 time wh champion and at this point it might not be unrealistic that TNA would put the title on him three more times and have him break the record because of his loyalty to the company, but since about Cenas 9th title win I have figured that he would be the one to eventually hold the record for most title reigns whether the number is 17, 18, or 19 he is the one that WWE is pushing to be them man in wrestling so it will most likely happen. At the pace he gets title reigns it will probably happen within the next five years and by the time he retires the record will be way out of reach for anyone to realisitcally reach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back