• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Lutheran Church

Yep, I can no longer patronisingly say "Oh, I don't follow the lower leagues" when somebody mentions the Championship.

On the plus side, I get 4 extra games with my season ticket, and I have an away game within 10 minutes walk, so all is not lost. I doubt we'll get promoted because we won't have any players, but I'm secretly hoping we keep Bullard, even though he's bleeding the club dry.

Yeah there was a rumour we were getting Bullard, I laughed out loud

There was a rumour Celtic were getting Bullard.

I think it's safe to assume that he probably wont be at Hull next year, whether it is Newcastle or Celtic that he goes to, or some other ensemble entirely, I doubt he will be at Hull.

He's a good player, just our fans expected far too much from him and it knocked his confidence.

Besides, he's on a four year £45,000 per week contract, with his knees, who's gonna take that?

He's a good player, just our fans expected far too much from him and it knocked his confidence.

Besides, he's on a four year £45,000 per week contract, with his knees, who's gonna take that?

That's a very good point.

It's a good shout for a team that is going up to take him if he is willing to drop his wage demands. Newcastle seems like a really good place for him, to be honest. Or so the newspapers would have us believe. Either way, I think he is going to have to drop his wage demands because no one is going to take him on with him being so injury prone. I can almost guarantee that Celtic would never pay that and would be looking for him to drop about half of that if it is to realistically happen. If he wants to stay at that sort of wage, he should just stay at Hull.

That's a very good point.

It's a good shout for a team that is going up to take him if he is willing to drop his wage demands. Newcastle seems like a really good place for him, to be honest. Or so the newspapers would have us believe. Either way, I think he is going to have to drop his wage demands because no one is going to take him on with him being so injury prone. I can almost guarantee that Celtic would never pay that and would be looking for him to drop about half of that if it is to realistically happen. If he wants to stay at that sort of wage, he should just stay at Hull.

How the fuck's that? We've spent the past year getting out of the shadow of overpriced/injured/not that great footballers. Bullard would destrpy that.

Well, Newcastle are probably the only team that could afford him that are going up and I doubt that any other club in the Premiership would want him. You see it every year, the teams that are going up picking the bones of the teams that go down. Bullard was a pretty good player for Hull last season and Newcastle are probably one of his more likely destinations.

I personally can't see anybody taking the risk, he's played 18 games in 18 months for us, even if we let him go on a free, his wages would still be one hell of an investment for a player with his injury record.

Definitely!

And it's £45,000 that could go towards potentially keeping Robbie Keane.

[/Dream]

I think Tottenham will gladly accept him back and there is simply no way that we can afford £65,000 a week for him on a continual basis. He constantly professes that he is a true Celtic fan and I heard him say that he wouldn't mind seeing out the rest of his career with Celtic. So, with that being said, why doesn't he drop his wage demands to something a bit more reasonable and help make the move happen? There is no doubt that he would be a Celtic hero for life if he did.

I also heard that Everton were chasing him.

he was a true liverpool fan last season, heck I remember when he was a true coventry city fan

There always has been....Rangers fans generally support Chelsea too

'Sup Lutherans.

Crazy few days now I've finished uni, I did actually leave my computer on t'other night so I could return to drunk posting, but in the end I decided my time would be better spent sleeping in my shower cubicle.

ANYWAY, this thread seems to have become some sort of football related thread, so two HUGE GAMES tomorrow. I'm going with Cardiff and Inter. I'll be watching them in 3D, whatever the hell that's like.

I can't see past Inter tomorrow, to be honest. I hope Cardiff win too. I even said that to Lee a while back.

Still, rumours are still circulating about Bullard to Celtic. Although, we seem keen to bring old Premier League players to Glasgow for some reason. First Campbell, then Reid and still Bullard. Makes you wonder if they are going for experience instead of actual quality.

Morning Lutherheads.

In celebration of seeing the morning for the first time in a week I've decided to go to Subway for my breakfast. I'll let you know how it pans out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back