• Paul Wight / Big Show

• Kane

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
We've been teasing this debate for months now, first with the "Do Superheavyweights Ruin Wrestling" thread a while back and now to the "Overrated / Underrated" on Vader. It's time to ask once and for all who the greatest Superheavyweight, or "Big Man" in wrestling history is.

In Olympic Wrestling, a Superheavyweight is 100 kg - 130 kg, and the greatest of all timewas Aleksandr Karelin. For our purposes, we can go off of the Wikipedia definitions of Pro Wrestling Weightclasses. A Heavyweight is just a man above 100 kgs / 220 lbs. A wrestler who is greater than 300 lbs / 136 kgs is "Superheavyweight." I have given you 9 choices, feel free to debate your on.

A partial list in no particular order:

1. Vader.
2. Bam Bam Bigelow.
3. Andre the Giant.
4. Scott Norton.
5. Kamala.
6. Gorilla Monsoon.
7. Yokozuna.
8. Paul Wight.
9. Kane.
10. Other

I know I am missing like 20 other possibilities. That's why I love to see others - this is my chance to get educated by some of you ROH and Japan marks. If you do not see your #1 on the list, then please select "other" and explain in your post why that is your 1st choice.

You make your own criteria. Power, drawing ability, agility, championships, etc. We aren't trying to come out with a definitive #1, we are trying to have a great debate. Have fun!

I really liked Big Show, he was pretty good for a superheavyweight. In my opinion he is one of the best ever. He had alot of classic matches, and feuds. His gimmick wasn't dull, like most superheavyweights. I really enjoyed his ECW title reign, he gave ECW that edge during his reign. That's why I voted for him.

If I had to choose the best current superheavyweight, I would have to say Umaga without a doubt. This man can move faster than any superheavyweight I've ever seen. His gimmic is different, and oftnely his matches are very interesting.

I went with other cause I didn't see Taker on there anywhere, Taker IMO is the best big man in the business now and in the best, I mean how many other guys have the same ability as Taker to draw, consistently put on great matches, and cut some of the most memorable promos, not to mention their arn't to many guys that can do the same things as Taker has done in that ring, and then you got his gimmick, one of the most creative gimmmicks in the history of WWE, and you can't take away all of the contributions that he made to the business as well, so IMO Taker is the best big man in the business

I went with other cause I didn't see Taker on there anywhere, Taker IMO is the best big man in the business now and in the best, I mean how many other guys have the same ability as Taker to draw, consistently put on great matches, and cut some of the most memorable promos, not to mention their arn't to many guys that can do the same things as Taker has done in that ring, and then you got his gimmick, one of the most creative gimmmicks in the history of WWE, and you can't take away all of the contributions that he made to the business as well, so IMO Taker is the best big man in the business

I figured Taker would be asked about. WHen I looked him up, his career weight is listed at 299 lbs, keeping him out of the running on Super Heavyweights. You can certainly make a case for him, but by the criteria of what makes a SHW, he wouldn't qualify.

i would say vader, bam bam bigelow, big show, kane, kevin nash but at the top would be the undertaker, he has been the longest wwe wrestler there is and he has had many classic matches and provided us with great memories especially with stone cold, whoever doesnt like taker shouldnt be a wrestling fan, how can you not like taker, only one word to describe taker would be respect

idk if he counts, but best big man today, for me goes to Hernandez. Even in the matches w/ LAX vs Styles and Daniels, he still showed he can keep up with the fast paced guys, and he really knows how to show his dominating strength. And I love when he dives over the top ropes w/o touching it.

idk if he counts, but best big man today, for me goes to Hernandez. Even in the matches w/ LAX vs Styles and Daniels, he still showed he can keep up with the fast paced guys, and he really knows how to show his dominating strength. And I love when he dives over the top ropes w/o touching it.

Hernandez clocks in at 295 lbs, so he just misses the SHW cut-off, much like the Undertaker does. Again, just like with the Undertaker, you can make a valid case fo him, he's just not a legit Super Heavyweight.

Hernandez is something else. As a "big man" he can pull off some stuff that small guys cannot. Also, unlike the 205 lb. "spot monkeys" because of his incredible size and body weight control, Hernandez makes even his high spots look like legit moves with serious impact. No easy task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back