Do Superheavyweights Ruin Wrestling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
only if they like always win they take up like 15 mins of usefull time. If the always win then theres no need to fight, we no there going to win. Its stupied like Umaga, Khali personally i think wrestling would be better with out them. Now a supper hevyweight that u acually have a chance at winnig aginst is some one like the Big Show. I mean he may be hard to beat but he is not unbeatable.

I don't think they're ruining Pro Wrestling, I mean, without them I doubt we'd have as many storylines. Sure, the actual art of wrestling & the skills & talent might be better off.. but wrestling is also "entertainment." And while cruiserweights are highly entertaining when they do high risk after high risk.. I'm also insane for seeing a Big Show/Kane/Undertaker type go to the top rope. Cause its like "Holy crap, this is either going to be really sweet, or really bad.. but either way, i'm about to see a big man fly."

Furthermore.. I originally dispised Umaga.. because I couldn't stand 3 Minute Warning. But I've really 180'd that opinion, as Umaga deserves A LOT of credit for becoming a great "big man" wrestler. I don't even know if I'd consider him a "super heavyweight." To me, Big Daddy V, Yokozuna, Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow, Big Show, Mark Henry, Great Khali.. those are Super Heavyweights.

But even with that list. Vader & Bam Bam Bigelow were highly talented for bigger guys. Big Show wasn't your typical "Giant," same with Kevin Nash if you wanna count him.

Yokozuna was great for his size & he did what his character claimed. Big Daddy V is more talented than people give him credit for being. (think how hard it is for a guy as big as he is, to do a spin-wheel kick)

I don't have a lot of respect for guys like Great Khali, cause he has next to NO actual wrestling moves. Also, Mark Henry.. for a guy who is remembered from the Olympics.. I think Kurt Angle - true pro athlete. Then I see Mark Henry & think - "What the hell could he have done?" And yeah, I realize he was there for weight lifting.. but still.. thats kinda why W.W.E. hired him.. so to expect A LOT from those types, is basically allowing yourself to get sucked into assuming.

I'm glad Umaga, Vader & Yokozuna have been in wrestling, whether its past, or present. So its really a flip of the coin on whether its good or bad. Because some are highly talented, while others are just there because of how big they are.

Current RAW Roster
Umaga (348 lbs)

Current Smackdown! Roster
The Great Khali (420 lbs)
Mark Henry (380 lbs)

Current ECW Roster
Big Daddy V (485 lbs)

Injury prone. Injury risks. Slow. Impossible to slam. Unathletic.

What I want to know is whether or not you feel so-called Superheavyweights ruin the sport of wrestling? Not just the 4 beheamoths listed above, but former SHW's like The Big Show, Andre the Giant, Earthquake and Typhoon, Yokozuna, Vader, One Man Gang, Bam Bam Bigelow, Kamala, etc.

If you ran wrestling, would you run the SHW's out of the business?

Who are the SHW's in history you would have kept on the roster? Who is the greatest SHW of all time?
I don't see how superheavyweights ruin wrestling since there's not a whole lot of them. There's like two on smackdown. Great khali matches aren't that long either. If you're determining how well your 2 hour show is based on the performance of two people then perhaps it's not the superheavyweights that are the problem; it's most likely the rest of the show.

Hey, I just tell things like they are not how they should be.

Fair point, trunk, but the amount of camera time those superheavyweights get to squash jobbers and no names in an attempt to build to a formulaic David vs Goliath feud at a pay per view is often boring and obnoxious enough to make channels change. I for one stopped watching ECW in part that I could not stand each week's installment of Big Daddy V and The Boogeyman.

And no, there are not many CURRENT SHW's on the roster, but there are a mess of big men and there have been a mess of SHW's in wrestling history. I don't just want to look at now - I want to look at then as well. Did guys like King Kong Bundy, One Man Gang, Yokozuna, Bam Bam Bigelow, Typhoon, Earthquake ruin anything in the 80's and 90's?

And you cannot downplay the presence of SHW's. Khali is World Champ, Umaga was IC Champ, and Daddy V abd Henry get major play on their respective shows.

Nah, I don't think they ruin the whole show. I think what you should have said was "I think they ruin there time slot that there in." Maybe to you they ruin the show. But that's a matter of perception. I mean, to imply that they ruin the whole show like so many people have means their seeing the glass half empty. I honestly don't think those few guys alone can ruin all of wrestling. If you want to change the channel that's fine but most people at home don't. I don't see the entire audience getting up and leaving during Khali’s matches or saying "well Khali and Mark Henry are having a match tonight so I'm not gona buy a ticket." If the fans really thought a few guys were gona ruin a two hour show then they wouldn't have bought their tickets. I think what people need to say is "I don't like their wrestling" not "they ruin wrestling" when referring to their dislike of super heavy weights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back