The GOP Debate Nonsense

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/republican-campaigns-lay-out-their-debate-demands-n455466

So in case you haven't seen it, the Republican candidates for President are freaking out (again) over what they call biased questions designed as GOTCHA moments in the last debate. This has since turned into the candidates banding together, basically revolting against the entire process. They've put together a list of demands for how they want all future debates (like the one they're having in eight days, their fourth of the election cycle, as opposed to one by the Democrats so far) to proceed.

One such demand is that the debates only go two hours, but they seem to want to keep 10-12 candidates on stage. Their other main concern: not getting enough time for everyone to speak of course. This sounds like they just want a string of infomercials about their campaigns (which are all SO different) and a bunch of softballs thrown at them which they can aim at Hilary Clinton.

We're supposed to vote for these people as President but they're bailing because they don't like questions being asked. So if they're elected, we can fully expect them to bail out of all press conferences and meetings with foreign heads of state because they don't like someone questioning them?

Again: this is what America has come to. "WAH! YOU HURT MY FEELINGS! If you don't play nice I'm going home! VOTE FOR ME!"

I mean, all they want to do is be the most powerful human being on earth, I don't see why they should have to answer questions on how they plan to govern to country.

I mean, all they want to do is be the most powerful human being on earth, I don't see why they should have to answer questions on how they plan to govern to country.

Or about divorces or personal finances. Responsibilities have nothing to do with being President. Not when you can just tell people what to do of course. That's in the Constitution that they can all quote by heart and likely carry in their pockets.

Man, what a fucking sucky presidential race. Hillary fuckin' Clinton is gonna be pres by default. For shame.

Probably so. I would say I could live with that if Congress will actually do anything but if they hated having a black man as President, imagine how much they'll freak out about a woman winning.

As embarrassing as that is, it is hardly surprising to find out that several southern politicians are indeed racist.

It was as shocking as finding out that the IRA still exists.

Well, Trump doesn't seem to have too many demands, and considering he thrives off controversial questions and answers it must not be an issue for him. I can't say I mind seeing a candidate with backbone.

The Dem debate was basically two hours of dodged questions and doublespeak, other than Sanders who just repeated the same crap he has been since the start of the campaign. I'd rather straightforward answers to predetermined questions than the linguistic acrobatics I've seen so far.

Well, Trump doesn't seem to have too many demands, and considering he thrives off controversial questions and answers it must not be an issue for him. I can't say I mind seeing a candidate with backbone.

The Dem debate was basically two hours of dodged questions and doublespeak, other than Sanders who just repeated the same crap he has been since the start of the campaign. I'd rather straightforward answers to predetermined questions than the linguistic acrobatics I've seen so far.

I didn't hear many answered questions at the GOP debate. It was either people blaming the media for twisting their words around or talking about whatever Hilary Clinton was going to do to ruin the country. Oh or "WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT FANTASY FOOTBALL???" (which to be fair I actually agreed with). It's a politician thing and always has been.

And of course the mayor of Lexington is on there. Of course he is.

I was gonna ask you about this, but he has denied being involved with the KKK and the fact that he's openly gay certainly seems like it wouldn't be something the KKK would love, though truthfully I don't know if the KKK focuses on anything except black people, Jews, and Catholics.

I was gonna ask you about this, but he has denied being involved with the KKK and the fact that he's openly gay certainly seems like it wouldn't be something the KKK would love, though truthfully I don't know if the KKK focuses on anything except black people, Jews, and Catholics.

It really doesn't fit him that well. He's progressive and has never had any discrimination issues that I've heard of. It really wouldn't surprise me if this was inaccurate.

Well a lot of the time, politicians use TV time to gather some support by firing shots at each other and making people laugh. I suppose it's more theatrics than it is talking about your actual proposed policies.

I didn't hear many answered questions at the GOP debate. It was either people blaming the media for twisting their words around or talking about whatever Hilary Clinton was going to do to ruin the country. Oh or "WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT FANTASY FOOTBALL???" (which to be fair I actually agreed with). It's a politician thing and always has been.

I hear Rubio did well. Didn't he impress you?

Well a lot of the time, politicians use TV time to gather some support by firing shots at each other and making people laugh. I suppose it's more theatrics than it is talking about your actual proposed policies.

I hear Rubio did well. Didn't he impress you?

A bit but the whole "I won't answer this because it's just media bias" gets old fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back