2016 Election Cycle

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
We're roughly 15 months away from selecting our first new President of the United States and right now, it's the Donald Trump Show. Fox News has decided that they're going to determine the participants in the first debate and today, Rick Perry challenged Donald Trump to a pullup contest to prove that he's strong enough to be President.

I know Trump has no chance of winning the White House, but this might be the greatest mockery in electoral history. Feel free to talk about how stupid the whole thing is and who you think will wind up facing Hilary in 2016, as her spot is about as sealed up as you can get.

Only in America where you could hear that a Presidental canaditate challenged another to a pull up contest and go "Yep, this is par for the course."

I hope they Feel The Bern.

I...will see myself out.

You made me picture a middle aged white politician getting pumped for a debate by doing weights in the gym and wearing a "Feel The Bern" T shirt. The hearty chuckle I let out without knowing any context at all should definitely be worth it :p

People thought Hillary had it locked up eight years ago as well. She has a lot of support but she is still very divisive for a lot of independents and even some dems. I don't know who could knock her off, it is more likely she would drop out due to controversy, but nothing is in the bag.

Why is it that someone can only run for President of the United States for two consecutive terms? Not sure if I agree or disagree with it, but why is that the case?

In theory it's to prevent someone from dominating the country. That and conservatives still say FDR ruined the country during World War II when he had four terms.

Today Jeb Bush said he hopes Dr. Ben Carson (another GOP candidate, one of 17 currently running) makes it into the top ten for the debate next week.

This is officially a reality show. Like if you're in the top ten you advance to the next round and can't be voted off.

Today Jeb Bush said he hopes Dr. Ben Carson (another GOP candidate, one of 17 currently running) makes it into the top ten for the debate next week.

This is officially a reality show. Like if you're in the top ten you advance to the next round and can't be voted off.

You're right. But that's politics for you.

Why is it that someone can only run for President of the United States for two consecutive terms? Not sure if I agree or disagree with it, but why is that the case?

Before any president can be reelected multiple times; which FDR was when he was elected four times. However, soon after his death the government ratified an amendment which made it impossible today for any President to have more than two terms in office.

At least there will be plenty of material for the late night shows & SNL.

Obama's run in office was enough to give them fits, but between taking down the Confederate Flags, Gay marriage being passed on a larger scale & now Hilary potentially winning this next one- all the rich old white folks are gonna be extra cranky.

In the latest news, since FOX News has screwed up the process for a debate so badly, major pollsters aren't releasing national GOP polls so the information can't be misused.

This somehow keeps getting better and better.

You know who's winning based on where the heat is directed by most other candidates. Trump crashed into this election cycle with all the grace and nuance of a heavy metal blasting monster truck, emblazoned with US Flag colored bald eagles while Donald displays a giant foam middle finger hand out the driver's side window as a topless Jenna Jameson fires exploding artillery shells from a mounted turret shaped like Godzilla's head.

He's going to make you, make America great again (you motherfucking motherfuck).

Lindsey Graham (who I've honestly had lunch with, great guy) tried to answer the Donald by posting a few viral videos that nobody really wants to see. Lindsey destroyed a bunch of phones in one and he posted another where he apparently dumped his old phone in a public toilet. Basically, watching them was like if I witnessed my Dad rapping the Pythagorean Theorem. In today's political climate, you can't win unless you stoop to the Donald's level and turn this election season into an unauthorized Mad Max sequel.

Controversy is being rewarded in this election cycle, at least as far as the Republican primaries go.

Bernie Sanders is picking up steam by sounding like a fired up crusader for progressive policies, which is helping us ignore the fact that he looks more decrepit than former president Martin Van Buren.

Hillary is doing a wolf in sheep's clothing thing by laying low in these early stages. Her poll numbers took a hit recently, possibly due to her allowing classified info to be received on her personal device. She went from absolute domination to not-so absolute domination or her field.

I predict that Hillary wins the whole thing, owing nothing to anything she had ever promised to do as President.

In theory it's to prevent someone from dominating the country. That and conservatives still say FDR ruined the country during World War II when he had four terms.

In practice it means the president is running the country for only half the time he is elected for because the last 18 months is lame duck period.

It seems like a pretty dumb rule considering the US president has real power and isn't simply a figure head for ceremonial purposes like other countries run by the prime ministers.

In practice it means the president is running the country for only half the time he is elected for because the last 18 months is lame duck period.

It seems like a pretty dumb rule considering the US president has real power and isn't simply a figure head for ceremonial purposes like other countries run by the prime ministers.

Yeah it really is bad. If I remember correctly, the UK election cycle runs just over a month. That would be so nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back