The First Dr. Strange Reviews Are In......

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
And it seems as though Marvel has, yet again, hit a home run as critics are praising the cast, visual effects, and the story. I wonder how long Marvel can continue to turn out hit after hit. It really is amazing.

Anyways, Dr. Strange currently has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, although only a few critics have posted their reviews but they're critics from places like USA Today and such. I really want to see this movie now.

Marvel could put out an hour and a half of saying "Fuck you" and critics would praise it.

It looks pretty intense in the special effects department. But I'll wait until it comes out on tape. Going to the movies is a big rip off. Over charging the concessions majorly.

Literally never heard of Dr Strange? Are they running out of superheroes or something? ��

You must not be a comic book guy. The Sorcerer Supreme? World's greatest magician? Who lives in the Sanctum Sanctorum? The Eye of Agamotto? His sworn enemies Baron Mordo and Dormammu? He's a pretty popular Marvel character. They made an animated movie about him that's on Hulu. It's pretty good.

Sanctum Sanctorum has got to be the laziest name to a thing I've heard.

I'm sure it'll do well, because Marvel fans would sell out a showing of Loki mating with a horse if they had the opportunity.

I say this as a Marvel fan.

You must not be a comic book guy. The Sorcerer Supreme? World's greatest magician? Who lives in the Sanctum Sanctorum? The Eye of Agamotto? His sworn enemies Baron Mordo and Dormammu? He's a pretty popular Marvel character. They made an animated movie about him that's on Hulu. It's pretty good.

Never heard of a single thing you just talked about.

I'd already heard of the likes of Captain America, Nick Fury, Iron Man, Deadpool etc but not Dr Strange. Terrible name too. But most superhero films are enjoyable so I'll probably end up giving it a watch and enjoying it

You see all the praise for marvel films but its just this

23300be9636d0bb69f83a755f2922b24665c800c281b27d36c680dc9d907ec50_1.jpg

Marvel has the blockbuster formula nailed down to a tee. Kevin Feige just knows it off at this stage. Also Doctor Strange is Feige's favourite character so its no shocker that this turned out good, he was apparently building the universe to get to this point.

It was another decent Marvel outing. Marvel has a very strong, safe formula to their movies, and this movie was no exception. If you've watched one Marvel origin movie you basically know how the movie is going to go. Lots of possibilities opened up with this movie. The multiverse is a thing, time travel is a thing, and there's a line very similar to something that was said in Days of Future Past, which is easy to miss. Overall an enjoyable popcorn flick, has me anticipating Thor a little more. It might seem like an odd comparison, but it really felt like I was watching Star Trek 2009.

He's not that popular. Maybe a B or C List guy, albeit one with serious longevity. Being the most powerful sorcerer and the guy meant for world-ending threats meant that he almost never got used in day-to-day events.

Dr. Strange used to be a very obscure character. Like you had to be Sheldon Cooper level nerdy to know about him. In recent years, however, he's become very mainstream. As I mentioned he has a feature length animated movie, he appears in all of the recent Marvel animated shows, and he's been in countless video games.

Pretty good for a character that was blatantly ripped off from DC's Dr. Fate.

He's not as main stream as you think.

If he was he'd be on the same level as Superman, Iron Man, Batman or The Hulk.

Granted this movie may help him get there but right now he's not even close.

Iron man is only mainstream because of the recent movies. Sure he's not totally obscure but it was seen as a big risk by marvel

He's not as main stream as you think.

If he was he'd be on the same level as Superman, Iron Man, Batman or The Hulk.

Granted this movie may help him get there but right now he's not even close.

I'm not saying that he's as popular as Bats, Supes, or the Avengers, but he is popular. Especially in recent years. It's possible to be popular and not be household name popular.

You didn't start out saying popular, you said main stream.

They aren't necessarily the same thing.

They're pretty much the same thing. I just watched an episode of Ultimate Spider-Man last night on Disney XD and Dr. Strange was one of the main characters. Even before the movie, his popularity and mainstream appeal as a character was gaining.

What I want to talk about is Marvel's blatant rip off of DC's Dr. Fate for Dr. Strange.

Hmmmm, this would make a good thread. I'm going to use a lot of my thread ideas as discussion points for my YouTube venture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back