Captain America: Civil War

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
The Hollywood premier was last night for this film and early reviews are in....

Best Marvel movie ever according to reviewers. It currently has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes and Empire gave it 5/5. I've only fully read a few reviews but everyone is saying that Tom Holland's Spider-Man is the best iteration this far and that this is the most mature and dramatic of all the Avengers related flicks.

Now I'm really hyped to go see this movie. Can't wait.

Guarantee someone somewhere will say it's a conspiracy theory that Marvel get good reviews and DC don't

I like Age of Ultron. I've got it as the best of the MCU movies just underneath the top tier (Winter Soldier, Avengers 1, Iron Man 1, Gaurdians).

I know, I know: I'm a monster.

I'm prepared to annoy friends and family with my post-Civil War raves. Hopes have been gotten up.

I've heard nothing but good things. But I don't understand how people aren't bored of the majority of those characters yet.

I've heard nothing but good things. But I don't understand how people aren't bored of the majority of those characters yet.

I think it's because they spread them out. Aside from token cameos here and there they haven't been oversaturated.

I thought Ultron was decent. Not as an Avengers movie but decent as a general action movie

Captain America has had a major role in five films in five years, man. I can't be the only one who's tired of seeing him.

Shit yeah he has. Doesn't feel like it though. Then again in the Avengers they were all supporting characters really, so I don't know if that counts

Captain America has had a major role in five films in five years, man. I can't be the only one who's tired of seeing him.

Captain is the only one I'm not tired of seeing, to be honest. I'd rather Stark fucked off far, far and away and take his entire supporting cast with him than lose Cap.

You say that like Bucky isn't the most milquetoast character in the MCU, which is saying something.

Considering the hype of the last Russo Bros film promised me the world and then the film itself jabbed at me haphazardly with its stub for three minutes before promptly rolling over and falling asleep, my expectations are very much in check.

You say that like Bucky isn't the most milquetoast character in the MCU, which is saying something.

Considering the hype of the last Russo Bros film promised me the world and then the film itself jabbed at me haphazardly with its stub for three minutes before promptly rolling over and falling asleep, my expectations are very much in check.

Bucky's boring as fuck, but at least he's not a leading man expected to carry films. Stark's schtick lost me by Iron Man 2, probably because "handsome, smarmy billionaire" probably doesn't appeal to me that much. I guess I just prefer the old school "Greatest Generation/Cold War" vibe kind of guys. Cap, the Commandos, Peggy Carter, Black Panther, Black Widow, etc...

They showed this scene on Jimmy Kimmel of Stark, Widow, and that chick who was Cap's neighbor in Winter Soldier all fighting the Winter Soldier. It's the extended version of that scene where Stark only has the one gauntlet on and he blocks the gun fire from Winter Soldier. It was a fucking awesome scene.

I can't wait for this movie. Marvel does know how to do superhero movies and they do them damn good.

There's a difference between ensemble and supporting.

That's what I meant. Forgot the word

Bucky's boring as fuck, but at least he's not a leading man expected to carry films. Stark's schtick lost me by Iron Man 2, probably because "handsome, smarmy billionaire" probably doesn't appeal to me that much. I guess I just prefer the old school "Greatest Generation/Cold War" vibe kind of guys. Cap, the Commandos, Peggy Carter, Black Panther, Black Widow, etc...

Oh he probably will be

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back