The Extented Samoan family tree...in the WWE

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
Everybody but everybody knows in wrestling that "High Chief" Peter Maivia is the godfather of Samoan's in the wrestling business. With that being said Peter Maivia helped open doors for samoan wrestlers after him to keep Samoan's in wrestling alive. And ti'l this day Samoan wrestlers are still going strong!...in the jungle that is the WWE.

Here's the timeline of Samoan wrestlers in the WWF/E:

-The Wild Samoan's (Afa & Sika) former tag team champions, and WWE HOF'ers
-"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka: WWE HOF'er
-Yokozuna (R.I.P.) Former tag & world champion
-Rikishi: A former tag team & IC champion
-Three Minute Warning (Rosey aka "Super Rosey" & Jamal aka Umaga) Rosey a former tag team champ. And Umaga (R.I.P.) a former 2X IC champion.

-Deuce aka Sim Snuka: A former tag team champion
-Manu:??? son of Afa the wild Samoan.

Now we have the "Uso's" in the WWE on RAW. How far will they go in the company?

Because when it comes to the Samoans in the WWE, they don't get "much props" like other familys in wrestling do. What do you think about this? Because I don't know where or how you would put Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in this whole thing??

Where the Rock goes is simple... he is the grandson of Peter Maivia , his father (Rocky Johnson)was married to his daughter. I think the Samoans do get a good amount of respect in the WWE and look for good things from the Uso's. I think we will get some good matches from them and the Hart Dynasty. In fact I think the Dynasty is the perfect team for them to fued with and introduce them to the WWE viewers. I think the number of straps held by the Samoan line in the past speak volumes for just how well respected they are by the WWE. Some might not have flown as high as Superfly Snuka or the Rock but most have done extreemly well in the WWE.

Well, I'd have to disagree when you say the Samoans don't get "much props" in the WWE. The Rock obviously was one of the biggest stars the WWE has ever had, and had he remained, I believe he would have become a wrestling icon (even more so) and one of, if not the biggest draw this buisness has ever seen. Umaga, was a big monster heel and ran over everyone in the WWE for quite some time, I believe he even beat Cena a few times.

I believe the new Samoans in the WWE, the Uso twins can do some big things in the tag team division, and eventually, with the Hart Dynasty's (and a few newly formed teams) bring about a resurgance in the Tag Team division. And because of the Samoans connections with the WWE, the next generation of Samoan superstars may get a shot at becoming the next WWE superstar.

I'm pretty sure they give 'em props by having the family in the same promotion. I don't know if you're speaking if they give 'em props on tv, so I'll add this: do they even mention them on tv as being related? I've yet to hear "sons of Rikishi" or something similar when the Usos are on, only "daughter of Superfly Snuka". You hear it a lot when The Hart Dynasty is on, so what gives?

And what do you mean where does The Rock fit in this? You know this much about the family, yet not know what puzzle piece The Rock is? For shame, red rep for idiocy, man.

Strange, I thought the Snukas were Fujian, not Samoan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back