• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Election

I have a different approach in mind, simple as that. Besides, it shouldn't matter how you are approached you should address everyone and treat everyone the same, that's called being impartial which you and others clearly aren't. No matter if it's someone you like, someone you dislike, someone who annoys you, or someone you enjoy reading the work of, everyone is to be treated the same and fairly. Obviously you do not share that mentality, you expect everyone to be completely respectful to you regardless of their situation. Sometimes it takes more tolerance and understanding than that which is something that you and plenty other don't quite get, and another thing that separates me from everyone else, making me a better choice.

Way easier said than done. You deal with 10-20 people a day PMing you and insulting you because they were too stupid to read the rules, you're going to let them have it. If you think you can somehow be different, you're wrong. You've already proven that people can get to you.

What slurs are thrown around in the non spam sections all the time? This is the Bar Room mind you, where it's allowed. And where is the word ***** allowed to be used so freely? On the streets with your friends and shit, sure. At school? Work? Absolutely not! It would be totally inappropriate to allow shit like that to be said in in our non spam areas where people just want to talk about wrestling. They shouldn't have to see words that they find offensive when the rules they read before they enter the forums(lulz) say that they wouldn't have to. Despite how you feel about it, some people find it offensive.

As for the other thing, it was their call, not mine. I would have just deleted the post and red repped you calling you stupid. But he had every right to infract you for going off topic. Get the fuck over it.

Hey, you're the one whose going on about it, I just answered you. I was and am over it. You however, continue to show why I am completely right about being a more tolerant mod, being more accessible, and being able to separate personal shit with what my job mandates. Here you state how you'd red rep me and call me stupid, conduct obviously not very befitting of a moderator and representative of the staff. As for my sig rule violation, that's about the lowest thing on the totem pole you could get and not nearly as serious as you try to make it. I didn't think it would be deemed as offensive, someone else felt otherwise, and gave me an infraction. It's not like I didn't know the rules I just thought the way I used it that it would fall within the rules. No big deal. It in no way means I don't understand the rules, or that I am not the best option to be the next mod.

Ba-Bomb is accessible. But Dagger will have something to say about MOST accessible once I'm done with his rectum.

It is sad that most of his peoples party followers will not read this. It is even sadder that the ones that do will just say something like "I can see why in most cases he would be wrong, but I am still backing him."

You're right. Maybe I should post my thoughts in his campaign section, then.

Wait now, I didn't actually spam the thread and that infraction could easily be overturned. I was talking about the smoking ban with Slyfox who was increasingly rude and making it difficult to have a conversation. I came back stating my displeasure with his conduct and that I was going to end my involvement in the conversation there as a result. For that I was infracted for "not staying on topic" technically, and I was given the infraction as "spam" because that's the only thing I could have been given an infraction for which was a loose technicality anyways. Since when did it become spam to simply say IN REGARDS TO THE TOPIC and the person your were talking to, that you going to bow out of the conversation? That's actually not anywhere in the rule book, and what I did doesn't actually fall under spam. See, I do know the rules.

Being off-topic is the original definition of spamming. Whether you replied to another poster's off-topic rant, you're venting, or getting something off your chest is irrelevant. If you don't post on-topic then you are spamming. PERIOD.

My sig rule violation was rather frivolous as well. I used a slang term that was actually a lyric from a song, and someone decided to infract me like I used it as a blatant racial slur. BIG DIFFERENCE. I was technically within the rules on both occasions and people used technicalities to give me infractions, probably to look like they were doing their job.

So, what you're saying is that you posted a racial slur in your signature. You can sugar-coat it all you like but sorry, that's against the rules. But I guess you're going to express your disagreement and displeasure with our rules and push your interpretation as if it means something. Knowing all of this, you actually think you have a shot at being a mod?

Thank you for pointing that out first and foremost Crock. Secondly, unless no one has read anything I have written, I have based my campaign around a lot more than lack of popularity. I've talked repeatedly about being a more accessible mod that is also more friendly to the users,

Yet you continue to argue with other mods about the rules that you've clearly broken...

being strict on flaming and being rude to other members,

Yeah, because posting racial slurs in your signature is definitely putting you on the right track here...

helping take the load off of the other mods,

Would you do this while you simultaneously break our rules, thus causing more work for us?

encouraging people to speak out more and post more freely, helping drive conversation, start threads, and help keep the section clean. Ya know, the stuff that mods are supposed to do and then some....

Seriously, though... if you were ever elected as a mod, I think this forum would immediately explode, pigs would fly, a woman would be elected president, people would want to become Milenko's best friend, IDR would become a WWE mark, an the internet would die.

But thanks for playing. Now, go back to shitty posting. This election stuff just isn't for you.

Way easier said than done. You deal with 10-20 people a day PMing you and insulting you because they were too stupid to read the rules, you're going to let them have it. If you think you can somehow be different, you're wrong. You've already proven that people can get to you.

Maybe that's hard for you, but it's not for me. I've been dealing with you, I've been dealing with a lot of other people coming at me and saying negative things. It's all water under the bridge as far as I am concerned. It's not your job to lambaste people, but to simply inform them of the rules, infract them if necessary and leave it at that. If you can't separate that from your job maybe you should be a mod. No one is "getting to me" I'm just giving you answers and explanations. Simple as that, call it what you will.

Hey, you're the one whose going on about it, I just answered you. I was and am over it. You however, continue to show why I am completely right about being a more tolerant mod, being more accessible, and being able to separate personal shit with what my job mandates.

We're in The Bar Room. If this were a PM from you asking me a question about the rules or something, I'd be taking a totally different tone.

Here you state how you'd red rep me and call me stupid, conduct obviously not very befitting of a moderator and representative of the staff.

There's nothing saying that being a mod means you have to be devoid of personal opinions. You're not some person making his first post without reading the rules. You had obviously read the rules and you still broke them. Obviously pretty stupid, so I'd feel no shame in calling you stupid.

As for my sig rule violation, that's about the lowest thing on the totem pole you could get and not nearly as serious as you try to make it. I didn't think it would be deemed as offensive, someone else felt otherwise, and gave me an infraction. It's not like I didn't know the rules I just thought the way I used it that it would fall within the rules.

And I'm not faulting you for that. I've seen far more established members get in trouble for the same thing, but they take the punishment and don't try to argue it. It'd be stupid to do otherwise.

Well, time has elapsed disallowing me to respond to you D-Man, I have a real job to go to now, but I know where you stand now and I will be back later to respond in kind. I'll be glad to handle Nate too when I get back.

Well, time has elapsed disallowing me to respond to you D-Man, I have a real job to go to now, but I know where you stand now and I will be back later to respond in kind. I'll be glad to handle Nate too when I get back.

Avoiding a reply here? How convenient.

And Nate doesn't need handling. He's a damn fine mod and is handling things with you quite well. Matter of fact, he has more patience then I do.

Maybe that's hard for you, but it's not for me. I've been dealing with you, I've been dealing with a lot of other people coming at me and saying negative things. It's all water under the bridge as far as I am concerned. It's not your job to lambaste people, but to simply inform them of the rules, infract them if necessary and leave it at that. If you can't separate that from your job maybe you should be a mod. No one is "getting to me" I'm just giving you answers and explanations. Simple as that, call it what you will.

:lmao:

You see, there's a difference in how I handle people here. If the poster is new, I'll warn them and explain to them what they did wrong. I don't trash people who don't know any better. But when established guys who have been warned and infracted several times continue to break rules, they lose a bit of the courtesy they'd been given prior. Still, the worst thing I think I've said to anyone is that their thread sucked.

I'll be glad to handle Nate too when I get back.

I prefer oral.

Secondly, I never broke spam rules, I was having a conversation, it was going nowhere, so I said that I wasn't going to go any further with it. That wasn't "Spam" I was addressing the conversation at hand and the person I was having it with, again BIG DIFFERENCE.

Wrong. In fact, you could have potentially been infracted twice. Anything you said within the post you were infracted for could have been said in PM or rep. After you were told exactly that, you posted yet again stating the exact same thing, and was fortunate that post was just deleted. You said nothing about the topic in either post, both were simply rants regarding Sly. That's something you could have told him through rep or PM. It was spam.

Really? REALLY? I see them tossed around freely in the non-spam sections, that means you DO NOT have a zero tolerance policy for starters, and I didn't "USE" a "Racial Slur". Remember, ***** isn't a racial slur, ****** is, and people use the term ***** all the time without it being deemed a racial slur, so I'd say someone owes me an apology on that one and a reversed infraction. Secondly, I never broke spam rules, I was having a conversation, it was going nowhere, so I said that I wasn't going to go any further with it. That wasn't "Spam" I was addressing the conversation at hand and the person I was having it with, again BIG DIFFERENCE.

Attitude problem.

Having read through this thread, I maintain the position I have held from the get go. The section which is most in need of a new moderator is the non-spam wrestling TNA section. That's not a knock at IDR at all, he's doing a tremendous job, but the fact of the matter is, the section is increasing in traffic and as such, he could use a helping hand. This is first and foremost a wrestling forum and as such, wrestling sections should be priority one. That's no disrespect to sports, or VG &T,or even spam, but the bread and butter of the forums should be non-spam wrestling.

As such I think I am perfectly qualified to do the job. I've been here a long time and I know how the forums work. I'm consistently respectful to the other guys. I think I am able to hold my own in the non-spam environment. And I think I could bring a new perspective to the TNA environment, promoting discussion while enforcing rules when necessary, from the polar opposite perspective from our existing mod. Most issues have two sides, and I think having two mods from differing viewpoints is a recipe for success. That's not to say IDR and myself would always disagree, in fact I often do agree with him (except about the NHL). But I think a fresh perspective could generate some interesting dialogue, and I hope to be given the opportunity to show it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back