• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dudley Boyz to return and beat The Ascension?

Can Buh-Buh Ray even go at it anymore? D-Von has said in the past the Ray can barely walk onto an airplane. And, they have been out of the E for almost ten years. Like Angle, they are more or less a TNA entity now. There is little need for them to put over the Ascension. VKM and Trips should of thought about how to put them over before bringing them up from NXT, because none of these teams currently in the E will be able to put the Ascension over.

I take it you never watched them in TNA, because they are in far better shape than they were back in their WWE days. Buh Buh Ray is in the best shape of his entire career.

I take it you never watched them in TNA, because they are in far better shape than they were back in their WWE days. Buh Buh Ray is in the best shape of his entire career.
Watch TNA often. However, TNA has a far lighter schedule than WWE has. If the Dudleys come back to face the Ascension, no way will Trips want the Dudleys to do a light schedule. I should have said can Buh-Buh Ray do a WWE-type schedule anymore?

I quite entertain the idea of the three matches between the two teams. To those who are saying that they the Dudleyz are older and will put The Ascension over, I think that them, being veterans can put on a great match with very good storytelling so it can be believable. If I was booking I would have them go 1-1 and at the third encounter Bubba turns on Devon, the Ascension beat him (having the final say in the feud) and afterwards Bubba powerbombs him. Then 1)they have a match which obviously Bubba goes over, Devon leaves and Bubba continues as a top heel or 2)they don't have a match at all and the rest is the same as option number 1.

Watch TNA often. However, TNA has a far lighter schedule than WWE has. If the Dudleys come back to face the Ascension, no way will Trips want the Dudleys to do a light schedule. I should have said can Buh-Buh Ray do a WWE-type schedule anymore?

If you watch TNA often, why were you asking whether Bubba can go anymore? Did you happen to miss the last few years of TNA with him as one of their top singles stars, while being in better shape than his WWE career by far?

Bubba could work a WWE schedule no problem.

The Ascension's angle is going somewhere. They continually ridicule the great teams of the past. Facing the Usos doesn't seem like a payoff.

Powers of Pain are well in their 50s. Ax of Demotion is 67. Hawk of LOD is no longer with us. We won't be seeing any of those teams return, nor will we see the likes of the Hart Foundation, the Rockers, E&C or the APA owing to retirement or incapacity. It won't be the Hardys either, since Jeff is tied up in TNA.

There are two classic teams who could feasibly return to face the Ascension, in my opinion: the New Age Outlaws or the Dudleys. Since we got a NAO run from 2012 to 2014 and WWE thoroughly milked that cow (even putting the tag titles back on them), I don't see it being those guys. The Dudleys are no longer with TNA, and are rumoured to be surprise entrants in the Royal Rumble which emanates from Philly, the home of ECW. I expect them to face the Ascension shortly afterward.

Your views?

That would be great. Dudley Boyz are probably the most decorated tag team in history with all the tag titles they won in different companies. It would be great to see them put over The Ascension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back