• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dream Matchup Thread

There have been so many dream matches, I mean Hogan vs Flair atuomatically is a dream match but WCW never made anything decent of it I dont think, I mean thier starp match at Uncensored 2000 was awful! The Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar was a massive match but that just didnt live to the hype, niether of them knew what to do in a match like that.

Wresltemania 18, Hogan v The Rock, was the best dream match in my opinion ever. You take the one wrestler who owned the 80's and the one wrestler who owned the late 90's and 00's and put them in a fight in the biggest stage of them all ans the crowd was electric. I dont think any dream match will become close to that at all!

As for a small dream match for the future, I dont think would ever happen, but I would love to see RVD v AJ. Both great in ring skills, both have massive crowd followings. And if they were allowed to just expressed themselves in the ring would be a great match IMO!

A.J. Styles vs Lionheart Chris Jericho
Both men can fly through the air or do more of a technical match. The athleticism would be off the charts. And when I say Lionheart Chris Jericho, I mean the one who wrestled in Japan and had a huge variety of moves.

I'm gonna give you an entire card of dream matches.The show would have to go about five hours 30 minutes but hey,WM 20 was about five hours.

Bryan Danielson vs. Ric Flair vs. Dean Malenko vs. Bret Hart
Can't you just see this technical masterpiece.This would have all the hardcore-technical wrestling fans talking for years.They would go ga-ga over a match like this.I'd give the win to Flair,for no other reason than the fact he's Ric Flair.

The Briscoe Brothers vs. The Hardy Boys vs. RVD and Sabu vs. Edge and Christain-Tables,Ladders,and Chairs
This match would be freakin insane.Not to mention with these four teams the possibilities of spots are endless.I give the W to Edge and Christain just because of their TLC history.

Violent Vance Desmond vs. Elijah Burke vs. Shelton Benjamin
For those of you who don't know of Vance Desmond,look him up on youtube or find him on myspace.But he is extremely talented young man.And this could be a match of the night right here.I give Elijah the victory.

KENTA vs. C.M Punk(ROH version)
If you people haven't seen C.M. Punk in ROH action,check it out.And I sure hope you know who KENTA is.This match could go for 30 minutes easy.These to are hall of fame material.They could put on an amzing match.I would let KENTA win the match.

Scott Steiner vs. Billy Graham
I don't really think this match needs an explanation.The two men with the largest arms in the world.Give Steiner the win.

Brusier Brody vs. Goldberg
Bruiser Brody was a killer in the ring,and Goldberg was a dominant force.These two would put on a great show.I'll give Brody the win,just because he is Brody.

The Great Khali vs. Giant Gonzales(or however you spell his name)
The battle of the giants.It would be huge.Literally.I would let Gonzales win cause I had more respect for him than I do Khali.

Samoa Joe vs. Low-Ki
These guys could do so much with each other.A great match all around which could go for 20 or 30 minutes.I see Samoa Joe winning.

Christopher Daniels vs. A.J. Styles-60 minute Iron Man Match-Styles wins 1-0 with the Styles Clash with 45 seconds left.It would be a treat for the fans to see these men wrestle for that long against each other.

Main Event:Undertaker vs. HHH vs. HBK-4 miles to Hell match
All three of these men have history with one another and this would a great match between three veterans.
Milemarker 1:Street Fight-HHH wins
Milemarker 2:Steel Cage-Taker wins
Milemarker 3:Ladder Match-HBK wins
Milemarker 4:HIAC-Taker wins
The winner is Taker
Milkemarker 3:

the three biggest matches i could think of

bret hart vs kurt angle...probably the greatest match we could ever seen, imagine the technical masterpiece that could be, it couldve been the match to end all technical matches

shawn michaels vs the rock...this one is pure electricity, two of the greatest entertainers the sport has had, the rock got popular when michaels had to step out, then michaels comes back and the rock retires...

stone cold vs goldberg...the monday night war-inspired dream match everone wanted to see during those intense years, both were the unbeatable faces of two companies that hated each other...and they looked kinda the same lol

All of these matches would take place when each wrestler is obviously in their prime.

Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle: I would pay quite a sum of money to see the two greatest wrestlers of all time square off against each other and tell a story that has never been told before. This match would take wrestling to an entirely different level.

The Rock vs Sting or Sting vs The Undertaker...couldn't decide: Sting vs The Rock could work whether Sting was working under surfer or Crow gimmick as he could easily adapt to the Rock's flashy style. The Rock has actually stated that he would've loved to wrestle Sting in a dream match so how could I ever disagree with the great one.

In regards to The Undertaker vs Sting (97)....here are two individuals with very interesting over the top gimmicks who spoke very little yet could always put on one hell of a match. The entire match would give me plenty of goosebumps.

AJ Styles vs The Dynamite Kid: Two of the greatest lightheavyweights of all time with one being the present and the other being the past. The Dynamite Kid was one of the most innovative wrestlers in wrestling history and with that in mind who better an opponent than AJ Styles who happens to currently be the most innovative wrestler still active in wrestling today. There would be those who might first judge this match as a spot fest but believe me it would be more high paced and exciting than any other match I could imagine.

Christopher Daniels vs Mr.Perfect: Two of the best all around wrestlers from the past and present. These two could easily have the chemistry that Perfect and Hart had as their styles compliment each others.

Brian Pillman vs Jake The Snake Roberts: Here are two men that had the natural ability to cut fantastic promo's, work the audience and put on a great match with great psychology. This feud alone would be worth tuning into television week after week for as you've got one man who is an absolute loose canyon while the other is a calm and collected killer....ah the possibilities.

Jushin Thunder Liger vs The Ultimo Dragon: Two of the greatest and most decorated Japanese wrestlers of all time.....5 star match...enough said.

Chris Benoit vs Ricky The Dragon Steamboat: I've always wondered what a match between these two would be like and I can guarantee it would be nothing short of a 5 star technical battle between two of the greatest pure wrestlers of all time.

There are just a few off the top of my head...let me know if any of you enjoyed my picks.

Well, if we're taking guys from different years ([I]pesumably their prime) then I would have...A Four Falls Elimination Match pitting Ric Flair (1989), Randy Savage (1988), Brett Hart (1993), Undertaker (1997), & Sting (1992)

Fought like a Texas Tornado Match with all competitors in the ring together, First Fall would be a Hard Core Rules Submission Match, Second Fall would be Texas Death Match with the opponents tied to each other by leather straps (who gets tied to who depends on a coin toss), the Third Fall would be Hell In A Cell Cage Match, and the final fall between the last two surviving contestants would be TLC. Mick Foley would be the guest ref.

1. Bret "Hitman" Hart vs. Kurt Angle
The two greatest 'wrestlers' of their separate generations, two men who always stole the show on 'big' occassions and never to my knowledge performed bellow expectations and, in my opinon, my two favourite men to actually observe work, move for move, as true artists working their crafts.

2. Shawn Michaels vs. The Rock
My favourite wrester of all time (HBK) against the man who re-invented the industry in his absence in Rock. The promos and build-up would be must-see, plus the match itself, well if HBK can steal the show with Hogan or Flair, even today with so much ring rust then The Rock would surely be up to the task physically, plus he was always underated as a worker IMO, you dont get a sold-out crowd be chant your name unless they see something they like, so this one would be an equal dose of 'sizzle and steak' as JR would say.

3. Undertaker vs. Sting

It was said earlier on, but this would truly be 'franchise vs. franchise' although WWE have had many franchise players, WCW only had one and that was the man they call Sting. And taker is the only guy with an uninterrupted career that never left New York to go elsewhere after becoming a star and never pursued a career in movies over wrestling. Both are truly loyal men, respected by their peers and always over HUGE! When takers goes down selling, and then finally sits back up, the crowd go crazy-wild, while when Sting takes a beating, thn finally starts no-selling before firing-up, the crowd goes wild again...truly the two most loved pure babyfaces i have witnessed perform, this one would go back and forth all night.

4. John Cena vs. Batista

obviously not a technical mat classic, but from the day they were crowned champions, at WM21, i have always wondered 'what if?' Who would the crowd side with, who would be the babyface? What could these guys come up with on their own, without an HBK or Undertaker or Triple H to guide them...maybe it would stink, but maybe not, maybe they have learned enough and have won enough acceptance from the crowd to get a huge reaction without doing much and maybe they could surprise everyone...maybe we might even see it one day...maybe summerslam, maybe wrestlemania...but all i know is i would love to see it...i have goose bump now just thinking about it and i can almost hear the crowd going nutz.

5. Triple H vs. Edge

possibly the two greatest heels in the industry today, but one of them is a babyface. There was a time when the thought of sold out arena chanting for The Game would seem like a fantasy, but nowadays i think the crowds appreciate his in-ring brilliance and words on the mic and are able to separate that from his backstage dealings..., held down for so long in his early days in preference to Rock & Austin, while edge is arguably his successor in the main event stakes, the Rated R Superstar was also kept down in favour of Cena, Batista and Orton but is now proving to be better then them all and also is HHH's natural biggest rival in the ring. WM25? i would put a large slice of cash on it, but whether is does or does not go ahead then, it surely will one day and will be a huge draw...

6. Steve Austin vs. Hulk Hogan

Enough said really, the two trademark names for two separate era's of wrestling, defining the times perfectly...a clash of styles and again, who would be crowd cheer for? i think they would go for Austin in the arly stages, but when Hogan started to Hulk-up my bet is the people would be solidly behind the Hulkster, before finally going back and forth in the closing moments...who gets to go over? no one would know for sure until the 1-2-3 and that is a big factor in drawing money...you have to pay, to see for yourself.

My dream matchups are tag teams. I like wrestling in the old days when tag teams were utilized better.
The Samoan Swat Team vs Doom with Woman.
This match would be a brawl. Id prefer a no dq match. So that anything can happen. I would give it 20 minutes to last and in the end I think Doom would win when Ron Simmons powerslams one of them. Butch Reed would be on the outside brawling with the other. That would be fun to watch.

The other tag match I would love to see would be a 4 tag team match.

Rockers vs MCMG vs London & Kendrick vs Hardy Boys.
This would be a fast paced match with lots of high spots. I think they would go all out and the match would last at least 30 minutes. I see the Hardys attempting swan dives on everybody. In the end I would give this match up to MCMG. I think they are talented enough as a team to withstand anything these guys can bring. They would outlast them all and pin Jannety in the end.

Hulk Hogan 1980's Vs. Sting 1980's

These two guys were the faces in their respective promotions. It would have been a great inter promotional matchup.

Hulk Hogan 1980's Vs. Ric Flair 1980's

Let's face it, this was the prime era of two of the best ever face and heel. It could have filled a 100,000 seat stadium easily.

HBK Vs. Sting

Alot of people have wanted to watch this one. These two were the dynamic forces in the 1990's for the WWF and WCW. What an action packed high flying matchup this would have been.

eXtreme Rulz
Hernandez vs Mike Awesome

Both have a great array of moves - both with surprising high flying bases. I think someone mentioned this one already but with the added eXtreme Rulz element it would just make is gory, brutal and amazing to watch. Someone will lose a lot of blood!

Dance Off
Disco Inferno vs Ernest 'The Cat' Miller

This would be...interesting? Quite possibly the worst dancers in pro-wrestling have a dance off. Who wins? Us!

Shark Boy & Jay Lethal vs Steve Austin & Randy Savage

You'll be confused by which team's which. The Young Pretenders against the Originals. Obviously Austin & Savage in their prime would cut Sharkie and Black Machismo down to size.

Al Snow & Head vs Mark Henry & Hand

Al Snow would have Head and Mark Henry would have Mae Young's Baby Hand. Okay more like a nightmare match than a dream one. The finish would be Hand on Al Snows chest for the win. Shocking.

Ultimate X (w/ The Elevation X Structure)
AJ Styles vs Shelton Benjamin vs Jeff Hardy vs Petey Williams

This would be some high flying contest with more flips than irish whips! Great spot fest with garentee someone will get hurt.

Vince Russo vs Vince McMahon vs David Arquette - w/ Lumberjacks - Eric Bischoff, Dave Meltzer and Paul Heyman

It's a "Why Are You A Former World Champion Match" - Bischoff and Heyman as the Lumberjacks and Dave Meltzer there to criticise everything.

Write An Online Prescription Match
Mr Kennedy vs William Regal vs Chavo Guerrero vs Funaki

Who can get Suspended the Fastest? Funaki never wins so it won't be him. I put my money on Mr Kennedy - he has something to prove.

Its got to be Sting vs HBK. The 2 guys who had wrestled for their respected companys the longest, and have never wrestled. I don't think sting would mesh well with Taker. Plus, I'm pretty sure they wrestled way back when taker was in WCW, not that that means much, but still. I'm still hoping for this match, for Sting to sign a one match deal to get into the hall of fame for Wrestlemania.

I am going to limit wrestlers to one mention each, to avoid having five different matches that begin with either HOGAN VS, HBK VS, or STING VS, etc.

In any kind of dream matchup thread, I think you have to start with the three most successful wrestling champions ever...

1. 1980s Hulk Hogan vs. 1980s Ric Flair vs. 1980s Jerry Lawler. This is a such a no-brainer to me. Back then, all three were the top of their respective promotions, all three held their company's belts for what seemed like an eternity. During the 1980s, the King was just as big a star in the AWA and USWA as Hogan and Flair were in the WWF and NWA. Lawler's importance in the 80s is by and large overshadowed by Hogan and Flair, but, he deserves respect. Those of you who only know Lawler as a RAW announcer, bone up. Do some research, look at what he accomplished during his wrestling career.

2. 1987 era Randy Savage against 2008 Edge. Does this one even need to be explained? With these two in their primes, a potential matchup between the two of them could conceivably take the mantle as the single greatest matchup ever away from Savage/Steamboat at WM III.

3. Shawn Michaels vs. surfer image Sting, in an ironman match. I think Sting's ringwork took a major nosedive after he went with the crow gimmick, for the purposes of this match, I am going to the earlier version of sting, when he had the blonde buzzcut surfer look. Why Ironman? Because we know HBK can do them, and, I don't know how many of you remember this, but, Sting wrestled Ric Flair to a 45 minute time limit draw at the Clash of the Champions in 88, in his first year with the company. THAT is the Sting I want to see go against HBK.

4. Andre the Giant vs. the Big Show. Seriously. Assuming the ring doesn't break because of the weight, this would be a true clash of the titans. We wouldn't see much actual wrestling, but, how could you NOT want to see Andre and Show in a match against each other?

5. Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit. The Self proclaimed "best there was, best there is, best there ever will be" would truly find out who the best technical wrestler is. Regardless of how Benoit ended his life, him and Hart could have put on a technical masterpiece.

6. Kurt Angle vs. Brock Lesnar, in an actual amateur rules wrestling match.

7. The Road Warriors vs. Demolition vs Powers of Pain. Animal and Hawk would have a chance to show that while they were often imitated, they were never duplicated.

8. Mr. Perfect vs. Chris Jericho. Both as heels, but, this match has potential show stealer written all over it.

9. Ultimate Warrior vs. Goldberg. The match would suck ass, but, the hype and energy surrounding it would blow the roof off. Two of the most overhyped, overrated wrestlers of all time, I would pay to see it if only to watch the crowd reactions.

10. Triple H vs. The Rock. Yeah, this matchup already occurred, when both were in their primes, even. But seriously, could we ever get sick of watching these two, back when they cared?

Big Van Vader 1993 vs John Cena 2006-2008

In 1993, WCW was absolutely DOMINATED by Big Van Vader, the greatest Superheavyweight in the history of Professional Wrestling. Save for a mild hiccup against a vastly underrated Ron Simmons, Vader owned WCW and the World Championship with wins over everyone from Sting to Davey Boy Smith to Ron Simmons to Cactus Jack. His power was downright terrifying - his power bomb was, for some time, considered the best in the business with Sid Justice - and his speed and agility were unmatched in the industry for a man his size, except for Bill DeMott and MAYBE one or two others.

In 2006, John Cena was the man. There is a damn good reason he was called "Prototype" in OVW, and why Jim Ross often extolled John Cena as "the next Sting." An impressive combination of power, speed, ability, and charisma, Cena has carried a few Superheavyweights (Khali, Umaga) to fantastic matches. In every case, however, Cena has had the edge in speed, agility, and brains. Those three factors would be neautralized by Vader's speed and agility, and the managerial skills of Harley Race. Cena's power would also be negated by Vader's.

These two men were also in very good shape. I'd expect no less than a 30-minute crowd thriller, with several reversals (imagine Vader bouncing on the 2nd rope preparing to hit the Vader Splash, when Cena jumps up, catches the big man across his shoulders, and hits the F-U) and loads of power moves.

The match would be fantastic, and I'd see BIG VAN VADER taking the narrow victory after powering out of the STFU and hitting the Vader Bomb for the 3-count.

i think that my dream match would be a six man tag team between the triple threat (the douglas, malenko, and benoit one) and the crybabies (eddie and jericho) with chavo. there would be more talent in the ring than i've ever seen at once. all these people worked for wcw at one time, and i kept hoping it would happen, but no luck. just to hear the promos...shane douglas and chris jericho going after each other, the two guerreros yelling at each other in turns, hell, that would have been great all by itself.

my fantasy match would be between the two most well synchronised teams ever: the eliminators (perry saturn and john kronus) and the motor city machine guns (shelly and sabin). i think we'd see things never seen before in the squared circle.

as long as i'm in the realm of fantasy, curt hennig vs curt angle vs bryan danielson would be great, but i'm probably the only one who thinks so. i just think that having the best wrestlers in the world in one ring would be fantastic.

undertaker vs hbk would be great, and for it to be at wrestlemania would make it amazing. Mr wrestlemania vs the streak. The build up would be great and they haven't faced each other in ages. The 10 minutes they had at the 2007 royal rumble reminded me that greta wrestling still exists

Another great match would be Sting vs Taker, think of the mindgames! The hype would be amazing and they are both so over with the fans (whoever said that) the actual match would kick ass, and i so hope that it would be under wwe's name instead of TNA's. It will never happen but would be amazing if it did

Undertaker :undertaker2:
the greatest ever pro wrestler in history

IMO....

I think one really great match, and I know, maybe a great rivalry, but not a great actual match, but Rock vs. Orton. two 3rd Gen superstars, and a mix of the new slow and methodical attack by orton and the in ring charisma of the rock can make this an excellent match.....

Way overrated was TLC...
I know I sound insane, but I do LOVE this match....
and it was amazing seeing it....
but I think it gets too much credit....
Great spots by all three tag teams, but you take that away, and you don't have much...

An underrated match was HBK vs. HHH at Bad Blood '04....
I still watch that match 2day...
classic finish....

Also a overlooked match was Rock vs. Austin WM17....
The Crowd was AMAZING...
They put on a great Brawling match....
but they completely screwed up the ending....
to this day I can barely watch the end....

A.J STYLES vs REY MYSTERIO: this would be a great x-dision meets crusierweght.aj has the name phenomenal and this would be 619 vs the style clash.

GAIL KIM vs TRISH STRATUS: these two are probably the most popular females in wrestling and this would be their last match.

MOTORCITY MACHINEGUNS vs THE ROCKERS: their styles are pretty much the same high fyling fast pace tag team so in the 80's rockers were todays m.c.m.g

SHAWN MICHAELS vs TRIPLE H: 60 MINUTE IRON MAN MACTH: these two are great in the ring together and this would be probably be at wrestlemania

JOHN CENA vs HULK HOGAN: this would bring in a million dollars because john and hulk are the two top popular stars and in this match i could see a f-u on hogan.

:undertaker2:

:flair:

Stone Cold Steve Austin v Hulk Hogan

Two of the top 3 stars EVER going one on one (obviously the other guy is The Rock, who has faced them both). Apparently this should of happened at WM18 but didn't due to various reasons (Rock/Hogan was still awesome), instant money.

The Rock v Shawn Michaels

The 2 most charasmatic and perhaps biggest ego's in wrestling, this would of been money. As with the above match, no titles needed, just build a decent feud up and buyrates are through the roof.

Triple H v The Rock v Stone Cold Steve Austin

Should of happened at Survivor Series 1999, I would of made this the main event for No Mercy the month before. Putting The Rock in a match with the Bulldog was pointless (no disrespect to Bulldog, but having him beaten in 6 minutes was stupid). The Rock cut a promo later on that night and interfered in the main event so he may as well of just been in the match. The Rock/Triple H has a great feud from the DX/Nation days up through to the WWF title, Triple H/Austin feuded over the running over of austin, and Austin/Rock needs no explanation. Put the 3 together with the gold on the line, classic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back