The Cigar Lounge Newletter: Now With Less Mod, But With More Razor

Razor

crafts entire Worlds out of Words
While I'm no FTS...or a mod...I think that the Cigar Lounge Newsletter deserves a resurrection of kinds. And I think I'm just the one to do so.

Congress Shoots Down A Law to Pay for Healthcare of 9/11 First Responders (Read, Heroes)

Republicans voted down a measure that was fully paid for by closing a tax loophole that allowed businesses to avoid taxes on their income by holding offshore bank accounts.

Republicans? "I'm sure those heroes went into those buildings that day to save American lives, not raise taxes."

Me? "RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE"

Julian Assange, Pissing Off the Pentagon and Hiding in Sweden

Wikileaks. Hundred Thousand leaked Afghani war documents. My entry into the NXT NWS Moderator competition.

Should Julian Assange be held up as a hero, or condemned as a criminal? Stake your claim.

Americans Charitable? Ha. Laughable.

Coco's foray into the Lounge. He argues the American idea of religion is what drives our charity. I'm going to claim that Americans aren't as charitable as his survey suggests, if I can, and make the further argument that America isn't as religious as we would like to believe.

But what do you think?

"Bullying on the Internet"

While I don't know why the title is in quotation marks, or why WWEFAN was bant, this thread still holds a place in contemporary culture.

Remember when you, as the quintessential bitch ass of high school, were followed around all day? Followed around by laughter, taunts, boos, the whole works? And your only refuge was home?

Consider a time when that hatred follows you home. You can't get away from it.

Now post. Go ahead. If you can see the keyboard through your flowing tears.

Lucifer and His Choices

This is an interesting one by Ferb. I'm going to go in and fuck some shit up, but still. Interesting one by Ferbs.

IDR has another God thread

It seems to me that every time I come back here, there is a new IDR God thread. It's cool, he asks some interesting questions. This one in particular, can Morality exist without God, confuses me in particular. Not that his thread is confusing, but rather that my own preconceived notions are being twisted and molded by myself. I have to work them out before I post.

Tenta asks a question.

The question? Are we a culture based upon on agitation? Is our attention only grabbed by someone being pissed at someone else?

Read the thread, and give your own input.

Another Bant Fellow asks about Affirmative Action

I dunno why all of these guys are being banned, but this one asks a question about Affirmative Actions. Why do you stand?

Proposition 8 was overturned

And Tdiggleton is pissed. He posts his opinion a few posts in. I might attempt a rebuttal later, but Raw is on. Bourne is getting his ass beat by Miz. I'm afraid he might win, but it's whatevs. Pretty good match so far.

--

That's all for now. Thanks for getting this far. It's a rather long thread for the GSD. Now that you're done reading this, how about going and posting in the threads? I'm sure it'd be fun. I'm sure.

I started posting in the first one when you posted it, but my computer decided to go back a page and lose it. So, naturally, I got pissed and refused to retype it.

I do that all the time. It's part of why I've posted maybe one WWE section post in the few weeks I've been back. I've caught myself up with WWE results and youtube videos. But everytime I start typing up a post, BAM. I hit some kind of evil combination of ALT and another key. Then my post is gone.

But yeah. Post in the Cigar Lounge. DO IT.

Somehow mine did it with the backspace button :shrug:. I posted in your competition thread. Mine's in my sig if you are so inclined to post in it.

Even if you don't see America as a haven of charity and good will or as extremely religious, comparatively one has to see them as such. If anything, that should hurt one's faith in the rest of the world (the charity part; do with the religion what you will).

I went to America once. Nobody gave me anything. However, I did get a free sermon from a crazy lady on a bus and was propositioned by a heavy set black man outside a department store. O say can you see...

There's a lot of interesting threads in there indeed Razor, I shall look forward to seeing some of your aspects on them. Also I think that might prove to be a good idea to push your spot for the final 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back