• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Chicago White Sox have traded for Edwin Jackson

The White Sox picked up Edwin Jackson earlier today, and I think it's a great move. They needed another starter and they got a young guy with a helluva arm. Although he is 6-10 with a 5.16 ERA, I think he'll get better. He is a former All Star, and he did throw a no hitter. The White Sox didn't give up much either, they only gave up Daniel Hudson and another minor league pitcher. No really valuable prospects, since the Arizona Diamondbacks are trying to free cap space.

What are your thoughts on this trade?

Well, I did talk about this in the MLB thread.

I'm iffy on it. There is extra motive in this deal. Mostly that Kenny Williams has done this for one reason, and that is to get Adam Dunn. It has been reported by csnchicago that the Nats really like Jackson, and more than likely would want him if a deal were in place. That is exactly what Kenny Williams wants, so it moves the White Sox closer to getting that left handed power guy in the line-up that he wants.

Now, should this deal not occur, then he is going to be a solid #4 in the rotation. Freddy, even though he just won his 10th game of the season, is still looked at by most as the 5th on the team. Jackson has a good arm, but played on a horrible team in Arizona. This could help turn around his season, as he will now be expected to perform at a very high level to match what the other starters have been doing the past two months.

As far as Hudson being included, I'm a little bummed to see him go. I liked what I saw from him last season in September, and know he can perform better than he has in his three starts since his call-up. But he will be a solid 3 or 4 in any rotation so I wish him good luck.

Well, I did talk about this in the MLB thread.

I'm iffy on it. There is extra motive in this deal. Mostly that Kenny Williams has done this for one reason, and that is to get Adam Dunn. It has been reported by csnchicago that the Nats really like Jackson, and more than likely would want him if a deal were in place. That is exactly what Kenny Williams wants, so it moves the White Sox closer to getting that left handed power guy in the line-up that he wants.

Now, should this deal not occur, then he is going to be a solid #4 in the rotation. Freddy, even though he just won his 10th game of the season, is still looked at by most as the 5th on the team. Jackson has a good arm, but played on a horrible team in Arizona. This could help turn around his season, as he will now be expected to perform at a very high level to match what the other starters have been doing the past two months.

As far as Hudson being included, I'm a little bummed to see him go. I liked what I saw from him last season in September, and know he can perform better than he has in his three starts since his call-up. But he will be a solid 3 or 4 in any rotation so I wish him good luck.

I saw that the Nats refuse to take Jackson for Dunn and that the Sox are gonna keep him. He'll be good for their team, he can help them during the play-off run... always need another arm.

It all depends on which Edwin Jackson you get...there is the Edwin Jackson that makes you think he could be a Cy Young candidate, and then there is the Edwin Jackson that makes you cringe. Half of the time he looks brilliant, and half of the time he looks like garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back