"The Attitude Adjuster"

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
Jerry Lawler made reference on last night's RAW that the new name of John Cena's finisher, the former FU, is the Attitude Adjuster. I guess they didn't like the Throwback too much.

FU>>>>>Throwback>>>>>>>>>JBL is poopy>>>>>>>>attitude adjuster

I think if they're going with a new name for it, Attitude Adjuster isn't that bad.

I prefer the FU, though.

I feel like throwing up.

A baboon could have come up with a better name.

What does Attitude Adjuster have to do with anything? FU made sense, Throwback made sense. Did they ever actually use the name Throwback on tv? I listened for it the week before and all Cole said was he's going for it. Just "it".

I obviously like "the FU" the best......but "the throwback" really didnt sound all that bad. "The Attitude Adjuster" sounds like some crappy mexican wrestler name that I'd see on AAA.............it also sounds like a gimmick TNA would stick on somebody.

It's more proof of the limitations that going PG puts on the WWE.

One Night Stand is now called Extreme Rules. I mean, seriously..

Attitude Adjuster: A shot to the smarks at the crowd that still think it's 1998.

Reactions: CCS
I have no idea why this did this. I think they could just call it "The Fuck You" with the Fuck blepped out. Really it's 2009 kids do,watch,say, and go were ever they want. Your not going to lose kids. Your gonna lose adults.

I have no idea why this did this. I think they could just call it "The Fuck You" with the Fuck blepped out. Really it's 2009 kids do,watch,say, and go were ever they want. Your not going to lose kids. Your gonna lose adults.

that's a very wonderful indicetmen of society

Meh. There was no call to change the name in the first place - Cena's already established himself as a main eventer, the top face in the company. Bit late to go changing his finisher name, especially to something as weak as this.

Attitude Adjuster: A shot to the smarks at the crowd that still think it's 1998.

Good point, and it's ironic because they've gotten so far away from the Attitude era. Attitude is what made us turn off WCW and come rushing back to WWE.

Most watched in anticipation of what was going to happen next and enjoyed the show, but everyone who liked wrestling tuned in, if only to condemn the latest "Beaver Cleavage" segment or to disapprove when Bret Hart and Psycho Sid said "bullshit" on the air.

I miss it........and now they even have to re-name Cena's signature move because it's too hard-edged.

{sigh}

Renaming "One Night Stand" to "Extreme Rules" makes perfect sense. One Night Stand once a year? That's not what a one night stand is. Having it originate as ECW: One Night Stand, a one night only ECW thing, that worked, but once they brought it back, it should've been changed. And seeing as how they have 100000 variations of the same definition of a no disqualification match, they can stop using "extreme rules" and just throw that into the ppv name. We don't need to have No-DQ, Street Fight, Belfast Brawl (or the other character referenced variations), just to say the same thing.

As far as Cena's move, I didn't like "The FU", nor did I like "The Throwback", nor do I like "The Attitude Adjuster". To me, T.A.A. sounds like it would be better suited as the replacement name for the STFU, as it sounds more like a submission maneuver. Plus, it keeps sounding like they're calling it the STF, not the STS, which would mean his move would be "The Shut the Fuck" lol.

They should have been able to think of better names for Cena's finishers. Its not like they don't have writers that are supposed to be good at creating puns. The FU made some kind of sense despite me not thinking it was particularly genius, and the Throwback made no sense as there was nothing that it was a throwback to.

Eh, who really cares? Its just Cena. Not like this is really gonna win him back the fans that don't like him, nor is it going to cause his merchandise to drop significantly from the people that do like him. Its just another stupid name change for an already crappy move lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back