• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ted's New Heel Stable

WWE Manster03

Pre-Show Stalwart
According to the Wrestling Observer, there has been talk of having Ted DiBiase Jr. lead his own heel stable now that Legacy has broken up. Rumor has it that the group would be called the Fortunate Son's and consist of Ted, his brother Brett, and Joe Henning(son of Mr. Perfect).
Hearing this tells me a few things:
1. It now becomes obvious Cody Rhodes moves to whatever show Ted isn't on. I think that is best for both as it will let them stretch their legs in the single's ranks.
2. With Ted pegged to lead the group, they really could continue to fued with Randy Orton, especially now that he is face. He would help legitimize Ted and the new guys as heels, which they need.
3. With WWE mentioning this, I think we can assume that DiBiase/Henning won't be included in the 2nd season of NXT. I am shockingly fine with that, because I've watched both of them in FCW occasionally and both have a great look, good ring work, and charisma. The guys on NXT all seem to be missing 1 of those pieces(Bryan missing the charisma, Otunga missing quality ring work are good examples).

So what are your thoughts on this? Good idea/Bad idea? Or are most of you indifferent on this?

I think it's a good idea. First off, it's a great name, and Ted used the phrase during his promo on RAW, so there is a link already. While I still don't understand why WWE thinks so highly of Ted (he's alright, but I think Rhodes is better), this would definitely help to build him up, especially if they continue the feud with Orton.

I wonder what they'll do with Rhodes? Do they keep him heel? I mean, he can't really play the "fortunate son" card. While his father was a famous wrestler, he was never rich. In fact, he was portrayed as the "working man", the guy who the fans could identify with. I hope Rhodes doesn't get lost, because I think he does have potential.

As for NXT, you have to wonder whether there will be a season 2. I watch it, but very few others do, and to be honest, it isn't all that compelling.

I think this could be a good thing.

But I do have a couple ideas/points to make;

1.What role will Cody play in this? Is their run together all but done?

2.Him,his brother Brett,Joe Hennig....Are there more 2nd/3rd gen. stars coming?
Steamboat' son?
Flair's youngest?
Rotunda's son(also Barry's nephew) is supposedly interested..heard he was a BIG BOY!! I know that there are more "In the pipeline"

In short: It could be good if it's not too much like Legacy.
(i.e. Brett and Joe as Ted's lackeys.)

I am trying to watch FCW whenever I can, and for those who don't know (as it is not mentioned in the OP), Brett DiBiase and Joe Hennig were tag team champions there, calling themselves The Fortunate Sons, had the matching attitude etc.

Now, when Ted delivered his little speech on Monday and called himself the 'Fortunate Son', my first thought was 'what the fuck, are they just going to rip off Brett's image?', but the second thought of a stable like this immediately followed.
My opinion on this is why not? It is an already 'tested' concept, it seemed to work in FCW and they are not just thrown together randomly.

On the other hand, I can already hear everyone going 'uhh we just saw that with Legacy'.
The similarities are obvious: 2nd/3rd generation wrestlers - sons of famous wrestlers. Duh.
So yes, the reasons why those two stables formed/are going to form are similar. However, a repeat of what happened with Legacy could be somewhat avoided. Have those three actually work together instead of having that exploitation kind of thing. Also, have every one of them of them achieve something, win something, whatever. Or just add another member to their stable.

Oh, and ..
While I still don't understand why WWE thinks so highly of Ted (he's alright, but I think Rhodes is better)
I agree with you here, but unfortunately Ted has more of the look the WWE (or VKM) normally looks for.

I dont think it is good idea to do that yet.First of all Ted isnt established enough to lead his own stable,he just hasnt done anything meaningfull just yet.It would be different if it would be tag team(for example with Bret DiBiase) but it would still be a step back because he needs to be singles competitor for some time to be little more established in my opinion

Second of all, I like what they did on this weeks Raw with him and "million dollar belt" and it is a good way to elevate him as singles comprtitor and he would probably stay this for a while and Cody will probably go to Smackdown or the other way arond(Ted to Smackdown,Cody stays on Raw)

They will probably do Ted/Bret/Henning angle in the next season of NXT and it could be an interesting storyline to watch but not before next year and Ted as established singles competitor in some way(few high profile feuds, maybe US or some major championship)

I absolutely adore this idea. This could be what Legacy could have been, but much, much better. With two Million Dollar Men and one Mr. Perfect, this could be a trio of cocky up and comers with some actual gimmicks. Let's face it: Legacy failed because outside of Orton it was bland as all get out. If each member of the Fortunate Sons have similar gimmicks to their fathers but with their own flair, it could be great.

And who doesn't want to hear remixes of DiBiase Sr.'s and Mr. Perfect's themes?

Personally... I think they should team Cody Rhodes with Jack Swagger, since they both have an awful Cindy Brady lisp.

It would be even better if they named the tag team something that started with and "S"... like Sufferin' Suckotash! (Thufferin' Thuckotash).

Thoughts? :lol:

I personally love this idea. For all of you who think he's stiff, you're in for a surprise. I think he has been very good in his chances. He does a good job of making me care about his character.

Everyone calls his boring on here, and I just don't get it. All of you were clamoring for his face turn. You loved the splitting angles, but once you got swerved, all you could talk about was how boring he was. I don't understand how a guy can inspire 15 threads about a turn, and then all of a sudden be boring.

This idea seems intriguing. I am a fan of Ted's, and would love to see him in an authoritative role. I think he could do wonders.

My only problem, is that I think that stables should have at least four guys. I think Legacy would have been better had they kept Manu. This is, of course, nit picking. I like the idea and think that it would be refreshing for Raw.

I am lookinbg forward to a stable with dibiase. I think it should have Rhodes, The fortunate sons from FCW, maybe Bo and Duke Rotunda and be managed by DiBiase snr maybe, hopefully, that would be great. I just hope it won't be another Legacy though, That would really be a waste of a year and a half

Basically this stable idea is Legacy all over again except for one glaring thing. Ted doesn't have the credentials to lead a heel stable and make it look believable. He didn't do shit while in Legacy so what makes me think he can lead an effective heel stable? If he can win a title or two this year, then maybe he can do it next year but no way right now.

They can build credibility through the story. If he attacks Orton, and faces retribution, his brother can run out of the crowd to help him. They can start hanging out. Then Henig comes along and they start buddying around. All of a sudden, Ted, but comparison, looks like a vet. He has already looked credible in the ring against Orton. One clean win, and he looks legit.

If you read my state of the tag team division i mentioned the possibility of bringing up the fortunate sons to help the tag division. I'm all for it...

WWE needs more tag teams and You can either have the Dibiase's tag together or you can have the Fortunate Son's together as they are in FCW.

If they by chance brought up Steamboat's kid and the Rotunda's(the person that mentioned them are correct, as the one is a f-in monster) I would have no problem with them making a giant stable(ala Nation of Domination/DX size). I do see Ted Sr. coming in to lead this stable, ala Flair in Evolution, if they decide to push forward with this. I think Ted Jr. would of gotten over better if he was against a better face, aka not Cena. Cena is a great face for WWE, but unless you are a top level guy it isn't believable for you to beat him. That would be like Evan Bourne beating Taker, you just won't see it. Now with Randy being a face, he is built much closer to Ted and I think it is more believeable that Ted could go over him. Kofi was believable, so I don't see why Ted couldn't be.

It's an intriguing idea but would it work? With Legacy and Evolution, the Leader (Orton and HHH) were super-over as hated heels, Ted, while it would enhance him he isn't over that much and bringing in new rookies would kind of lessen their impact (unless they did something huge pretty quickly like take orton out or something along those lines). If Rotunda's kid comes in then that would make the stable look a little more interesting as you have your enforcer their. Bringing in Ted Sr. could work for a while before eventually being booted out by his sons (that would highten them further and probably gain them more heat). Interesting concept, let's hope if it's done it pays off (no pun intended).

According to the Wrestling Observer, there has been talk of having Ted DiBiase Jr. lead his own heel stable now that Legacy has broken up. Rumor has it that the group would be called the Fortunate Son's and consist of Ted, his brother Brett, and Joe Henning(son of Mr. Perfect).

I have a really bad feeling this is going to flop.... badly.... :banghead: It just sounds like a really bad ripoff of Legacy. At least Legacy revolved around Orton getting/retaining the WWE Championship. What's this going to be? A Legacy clone that revolves around Ted and the Million Dollar Championship?

Hearing this tells me a few things:
1. It now becomes obvious Cody Rhodes moves to whatever show Ted isn't on. I think that is best for both as it will let them stretch their legs in the single's ranks.

That would be a good idea. Cody and Ted should go their separate ways. Rhodes would be overshadowed by this stable if he was on the same show as them, whether it succeeds or not.

2. With Ted pegged to lead the group, they really could continue to fued with Randy Orton, especially now that he is face. He would help legitimize Ted and the new guys as heels, which they need.

No. Orton should feud with Swagger and these guys should feud with ANYONE BUT ORTON. Ted and Orton interacted enough in the Legacy run. I hoped that after Wrestlemania they won't face each other again for a long time. I'd have the stable pick on midcarders or even jobbers for a while to establish themselves first.

3. With WWE mentioning this, I think we can assume that DiBiase/Henning won't be included in the 2nd season of NXT. I am shockingly fine with that, because I've watched both of them in FCW occasionally and both have a great look, good ring work, and charisma. The guys on NXT all seem to be missing 1 of those pieces(Bryan missing the charisma, Otunga missing quality ring work are good examples).

I'd rather see them go through NXT instead. Guys who do good in developmental don't always get a great character on Raw/Smackdown.... just look at Eugene....

So what are your thoughts on this? Good idea/Bad idea? Or are most of you indifferent on this?

I think it's a bad idea because it's too soon to have a Legacy ripoff, which is exactly what this sounds like. I'd rather just see Ted do a run with the Million Dollar Championship, although that's probably what this stable is going to be doing anyhow, with the other guys as his underlings. I'm not really looking forward to it but I'll give it a chance.

How about Ted DiBiase, Brett DiBiase & Joe Hennig (The Fortunate Sons) vs. Cody Rhodes, Bo Rotundo & Duke Rotundo (The Common Men)

It would be a 3-on-3 second generation stable war with the Fortunate Sons as the Heels and the Common Men as the Faces.

So, instead of being Legacy "clones" or "rip-offs" each would simply be a Legacy "spin-off". It could be be roughly WWE's nWo Wolfpac vs. nWo Hollywood.

The Fortunate Sons, w/ all the money privilege, and perfection vs.
The Common Men, w/ country boy, common man work ethics.

You could play this up with occasional appearances from The Million Dollar Man & The American Dream.

I would have this feud generate from NXT with Brett & Joe & The Rotundos as Rookies and Ted & Cody as their Pros. Then I would just make sure they don't wind up on the same show as Randy Orton.

I don't think Ted and Cody are quite ready to go solo and this would certainly give them something to fight for. A tag team split that becomes much more than "Who's the Marty Jannetty?"

How about Ted DiBiase, Brett DiBiase & Joe Hennig (The Fortunate Sons) vs. Cody Rhodes, Bo Rotundo & Duke Rotundo (The Common Men)

It would be a 3-on-3 second generation stable war with the Fortunate Sons as the Heels and the Common Men as the Faces.

So, instead of being Legacy "clones" or "rip-offs" each would simply be a Legacy "spin-off". It could be be roughly WWE's nWo Wolfpac vs. nWo Hollywood.

The Fortunate Sons, w/ all the money privilege, and perfection vs.
The Common Men, w/ country boy, common man work ethics.

You could play this up with occasional appearances from The Million Dollar Man & The American Dream.

I would have this feud generate from NXT with Brett & Joe & The Rotundos as Rookies and Ted & Cody as their Pros. Then I would just make sure they don't wind up on the same show as Randy Orton.

I don't think Ted and Cody are quite ready to go solo and this would certainly give them something to fight for. A tag team split that becomes much more than "Who's the Marty Jannetty?"

I like this idea a lot. It would make sense because it would bring some closure to the Legacy split. We all kinda knew that Legacy was going to disband all together and no one would be together afterward. Randy Orton is on too much of a roll to be bogged down by these two guys. Therefore they could play off Wrestlemania how DiBiase turned on Rhodes. NXT would be a great place to play this out, hopefully they don't start the "Fortunate Sons" too soon as I think DiBiase needs to flesh out this character a bit, and it wouldn't hurt to start the feud with Cody one on one first.

Ted would be back to square one wouldn't he? Yeah he would be the leader of the group, But it's hardly going to establish him as a great singles competitor if his has people doing his dirty work. If this stable idea does come to the forefront I hope it's later rather than sooner. So he can at least get a couple of fueds going, And step out of Randy Orton's shadow because honestly that's all I see him as at the minute. Randy's lackey.

Dave Meltzer, of the Wrestling obserever newsletter reported yesterday that there was talk withing WWE of a new stable to be headed by Ted Dibiasse called the "Fourtunate Sons". Rumored members are Ted Dibiasse, Brett Dibiasse, Joe Henning, and possibly Cody Rhodes.

Yes! What an awesome idea this would be. Legacy has grown old and stale and i think its time for something new to be added to the RAW mix, or maybe SmackDown after the draft but who knows. Its a great way to bring up Joe and Brett from FCW and they storyline of the group as there all "better than their dads" would be a pretty cool heel stable. Ted Dibiasse being the Milion Dollar Champion and as the leader of this group would make for a great push for him.

Oh yeah and this wasnt in the report, but another member could be Richie Steamboat, son of WWE Hall of Famer Ricky Steamboat.

So what do you guys think of this idea?

I don't get this. Ted Dibiase has no cred and very mediocre mic skills. He doesn't have that leader look to him. He was alright as a tag team guy but that's about it. There is really nothing special about him other than his name so I guess he really is the best to lead that stable. I haven't seen the other two in the ring but I know Brett's as bland looking as Ted but hopefully Joe looks a little unique. Hopefully WWE will keep this a midcard stable as there have been few of those the past few years. SES is the only one right now, although Punk should be in the main event instead of feuding with mini-Hulk.

That would be a good idea and maybe wwe will give them a bigger push than they did with legacy and maybe wwe give them a run with the unified tag team championships. But i have to say the cody rhodes should not even be in the group if they put him on smackdown they would give a shot at the ic title.

This stable will either be something to help boost all three men or this stable will be a failure. I don't think this stable has a chance at being "big" because none of the members are superstars like Orton, or Triple H. All three men are sons of WWE Hall Of Famers, and you can be sure they'll have some big shoes to fill.

Of course the most logical move for instant credibility would be for them to go after Randy Orton. If Ted is able to get revenge on Orton, then it will make this stable seem like a legit threat.

I believe this a great second chance for Ted, and I hope this stable will amount to something. I don't think this stable will be big or epic, but it's a great way to give all three men a boost.

What a way to catapult ted dibiase in the future main event scene than putting him as a leader of a major stable/faction, well that is if its successful. Personally i can't see how on earth the group comes about, but I have an idea. Swagger comes out and blabs to the crowd i am the world champion and you sssshould all respect me. Orton pop, hits an rko and stands over the top of swagger. Dibiase comes in and attacks orton using a weapon or not using a weapon. With orton being down dibiase gets a bag of tacks (i just like the idea of the tacks) and sets them out and hits dreamstreak on the tacks! Orton then goes mad when he gets up and starts attacking 2 members of the crowd being henning and brett and they retaliate and alliances form over the few weeks with an orton vs dibiase (of course i mean brett) in the extreme rules card

This could be a good idea for the next NXT season, having it be tag teams.
All the mentors could be wrestlers who were in a tag team at one point. This would bring something fresh to NXT and could bring in new teams to the lacking division.

If they just bring them right on to Raw they should stay as a mid-card stable. I think they should just be a bunch of rich kids who all hang out together, have Bret and Joe go after tag gold and Ted do his thing. Having Bret and Joe helping Ted get a title or keep a title would make this a Legacy ripoff and will fail.
Ted should never have to defend the Million Dollar Belt. They should just keep it on him like the did his dad.

I THINK HE FIRST HAVE TO DEVELOP HIMSELF AS A SINGLES MATCHES STAR.THAN AFTER GETTING OVER WITH THE CROWD HE CAN ACTUALLY FORMED A STABLE.I DIDNT LIKE MUCH ABOUT LEGACY BEAUSE CODY RODES SIZA MAD HIM LOOK WEAK AND SPECIALLY AAGAINST A TEAM LIKE DX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back