Ted Dibiase: Randy Orton Verison 2.0?

CM Steel

A REAL American
It looks if the WWE is turining Ted Dibiase Jr. into a babyface. Much like the storyline feud on RAW between the Miz & Alex Riley when the sidekick or what not turned on his mentor. But between Ted Dibiase & the IC champion Cody Rhodes. It was Cody who "dropped" Ted. And we haven't seen Teddy ever since then.

But on WWE house shows, Ted Dibiase has been competing against Cody Rhodes for the WWE IC championship. Now what if Teddy pops up on Smackdown this week to challege Cody for the IC championship at the Night of Champions pay per view?

Ever since Ted Dibiase Jr. made his debut in the WWE. Chairman Vince McMahon has had various plans for Teddy. With him being a "next generation" superstar in the WWE. Vince wants Ted to be as big as a deal as Randy Orton. Two years ago Vince McMahon had an idea to have Teddy end the Undertakers undefeated streak at Wrestlemania, due to the fact that it was Ted's father the "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase who brought the Undertaker into the WWF/E back in 1990 at the Survivor Series PPV.

Ted Dibiase has the look, the moves, and the right pedigree. So can Teddy go down the same road as a Randy Orton?

He needs to improve to even get on the level Randy Orton was at in 2002. Ted Dibiase lacks charisma to the point where I don't care if he succeeds or fails. The WWE has tried to give him numerous pushes but he just can't get over and it doesn't even seem like he's trying. Maybe he'll make a good Randy Orton in five to ten years but he needs work before he can move up the card. As for him defeating The Undertaker at Wrestlemania; awful. I garentee you it would have been another failed attempt to get young Ted Dibiase over. He isn't worth the time in my opinion. I'm still not understanding why Ted Dibiase can't be Ted Dibiase instead of the next Orton?

Randy Orton back in 2002 was so fucking entertaining with all the "get well Randy" vignettes he did that helped him get hated for being so annoying and getting him over in the process. Orton was just a lower midcard face before that "get well Randy" angle. And he wasn't anything special but if you're talking about Ted being on the same level as Orton was in his Evolution days then Ted Jr. has a long way to go.

Ted's career seriously went downhill when he tried to rip off his father's gimmick. I think all Ted needs right now is a big comeback and a new fresh character that can get him over with the crowd. But can he reach Randy Orton's level when he was in the mid 2000s? We'll just have to wait and see. He definitely has talent but his mic skills still need some work and like I said with a new character he can really establish himself more.

At this point Debiase is hopeless he's got so many opportunities and he still can't get a reaction and make his run work.

But for Debiase I think he will break through eventually ... much like JBL/Bradshaw or Mark Henry if Vince McMahon likes you, you're going to get plenty of chances. And we all know that Vince is really high on young Ted.

Then if Vince is really high on Ted, then why is it that DiBiase is still mid-card?

Then why has Ted been a loser? Losing match after match and he hasn't even had a singles title yet aside from the Million Dollar Championship which was given to him by his dad, so that doesn't really count

Because if anything I thought DiBiase was going to be the one to shine out of Legacy, that he was going to be the crown jewel but it doesn't look that way, now does it?

I'd like to think that Ted will amount to something. He's too damn talented not to. But, he's awkward on the mic, and that will always hold him back. I think his best bet would be to build the Fortunate Sons stable that was rumored. Get McGilli-Perfect in the group, probably the Usos, maybe Husky Harris, his brother Brett DiBiase, and let's see what they can do. I'd like to see more stables, and even if only one of them actually makes it from the group, that's probably one more than who would have made it without the group.

I hope Ted gets in because he has the look and skills, but I'd like to see him get some mic action going and make himself. The only person who can hold him back, it seems, is himself.

The Fortunate Sons stable if it actually were to happen

Then DiBiase would have been the leader, the tag team of the stable you would have The Usos, the enforcer Husky Harris, and the crown jewel of the stable the one who breaks free and away from the stable would be Mcgillicutty

im not sold on ted yet. has he won a singles match this year? ted winning the title at noc would make no sense. i would like to see more build up. i think it will end with a paper bag match. if booked right it would lead to a good hiac match.

I enjoyed the angry DiBiase that was on Smackdown. I'd love him to lose, but by DQ, to enhance the feud further. End it at Hell in a Cell. I'd love to see a match between them two.

Anyway, I don't want to class him as the next Randy Orton. I hate when people are compared to people. I want him to change his finisher though, give him a big impact finisher. Dream street (to me) may as well just be an average slam. Then I will LOVE him.

Ted will be something soon but, Orton was entertaining as hell in his debut in 2002. DiBiase wasn't anywhere near that much. But now he is starting to improve, his lack of charisma is keeping him down though.

This should be titled: " Is Ted Dibiase still Randy Orton version 2.0?" answer is maybe.. He was supposed to be the next something period.. which is most of the problem.. I think not only is he not trying hard enough, but neither is the company on him.

Think they havent been sure what to do with him as well as him dropping the ball himself. Instead of trying to make him like his dad or a Randy Orton clone, they should just let him be himself and make himself into the next... "Ted Dibiase"

Ted actually has talent, a great deal of it. And his mic skills are actually solid, not the best but solid. He just needs to remake himself, establish a gimmick, a finisher.

Still got hope for the kid

I always have gotten the impression that Teddy-boy would rather be fishing. Especially since his brother got future endeavored from FCW, I expect him to be gone by 2012 or mid-2013.

He has a youtube channel titled, TheDibiasePosse

I personally think that Ted could be a star, if he actually got a push.

He never has since the Legacy split. Cody did... alot. But Ted, was made to lose endlessly with Maryse.

Ted got a pop with the paper bag skit on Smackdown before NOC. Work with that, give him a win streak and let people get behind him.

He can wrestle don't worry about that. He needs a chance to talk on the microphone consistently, and win matches! Then the fans will buy in. I'd rather watch Ted then alot of other guys on the roster.

Ted DiBiase can be a huge star. Can is the key phrase in that sentence. He's been around for awhile and is decent in the ring. However, he lacks anything resembling a personality. Perhaps they need to continue the Rhodes/DiBiase feud and end it with Cody "injuring" Ted. They could then totally repackage Ted with a good gimmick and bring him back to TV. Once they figure out which way to go with DiBiase, I think he could be a future world champ. Which is good, considering that Smackdown is really short on talent and I'd like to see a second generation stable with DiBiase being the leader[but not directly ripping off of Legacy]. Maybe WWE could even do the "Fortunate Sons" group they were talking about awhile back and bring Michael McGuilicutty[worst name ever, btw] over to Smackdown and rename him Joe Hennig. That would bring back stables and give DiBiase something to do. Win-win.

Ted has a LONG way to go to catch up to what Orton was in Evolution. Legacy was nowhere near as big of a deal and his flopped run with the Million Dollar belt took away all of the momentum from his push against Orton that nearly turned him into an upper card face. What Ted needs is a completely new character. That should emerge during this angle with Cody. I do not know what it should be, but it must be something new because the rich kid Priceless character obviously did not work. He can then mention his who his dad was again around Wrestlemania if they decide to push him as Taker's final opponent. I do not see that happening though. Ted may have the look and the skills, but for some reason he is not over. I hope he finds something that works since I do not want him to get future endeavoured.

Well, one idea would be for him to lose big to Cody and then come back as a 'redeemed' man. Get religious or cultist. Say how he was lost then found his way to...whatever. Yeah CM Punk did it better. But he needs a reason to redo his entire character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back