Ted Dibiase = Randy Orton Part 2 ?

andymcg

Pre-Show Stalwart
So we all know Randy Orton was part of Evolution and his eventual break up with them was because HHH couldn’t take it he won the title. Now after Evolution ended Randy and his Father then went on together, Randy as the singles competitor and his Father as his mentor.

Now could WWE be trying something similar with Ted Dibiase but to a smaller scale ?
Lets look at it, Dibiase is part of Legacy, however it seems as though he might break away from them rather soon. With his dad as special host next week, someone (sorry cant mention credit to you i cant remember who) on the forum suggested that Dibiases Father may set up a Randy Vs Ted on raw next week for the title and lead into Randy vs Ted fued into Summerslam.

See were this has lead :
- Orton - Evolution - Singles with his Father as manager
- Ted - Legacy - Singles with his Father as manager

Both of there Fathers were big names in there own way, so could we now be seeing Randy Orton Part 2 in Ted Dibiase ?

Personally i don't see why not, Ted can be a big name player in a couple of years if pushed correctly, and much like Randy his Father was also a big name player back in the days.

What do you people think ?

Maybe I'm blind but I haven't seen any indication that Dibiase will leave Legacy anytime soon. Orton needs him in the group to maintain his hold on the title but I will admit this: Dibiase is much farther along than Cody Rhodes who really needs to do some work on his abilities which I know he has. Maybe something will be worked out next week and Ted, Sr. will get in his son's ear and tell him to remember that Orton is right now what what Ted, Jr. wants to be and to not forget that punt in the skull that put him on the shelf. Maybe that will be enough to fuel the fire but if Dibiase's leaving Legacy, who will take his place because Orton and Rhodes by themselves can't carry this faction.

Maybe I'm blind but I haven't seen any indication that Dibiase will leave Legacy anytime soon. Orton needs him in the group to maintain his hold on the title but I will admit this: Dibiase is much farther along than Cody Rhodes who really needs to do some work on his abilities which I know he has. Maybe something will be worked out next week and Ted, Sr. will get in his son's ear and tell him to remember that Orton is right now what what Ted, Jr. wants to be and to not forget that punt in the skull that put him on the shelf. Maybe that will be enough to fuel the fire but if Dibiase's leaving Legacy, who will take his place because Orton and Rhodes by themselves can't carry this faction.

He basically told randy orton off after he told them he didn't care about them not winning the tag titles and he said like you don't give a damn about us and were just your henchmen and so on at the PPV.

On topic, im not sure if he's leaving soon, i mean, he did come out and help randy keep the title in the three stages of hell match, so im not sure. I think its going to happen, im not sure its going to be a SS match or anything like that. I'm sure either HHH or cena will be feuding with him,since SS is a big PPV and they draw.

I agree, I dont see Ted leaving already. Maybe if the faction had five guys or something, then one could leave. It wouldn't make sense for him to leave before he is fully developed. That would be a stupid move on WWE.

Yeah he had a right go at Orton after their tag team match at "The Bash" stating that, basically, there being treated like shit, and Randy doesn't give a damn about them.

This sort of seemed as if Ted was on his way out, however he did come back and help Orton later in the night, so i'm not so sure.

Also, if I remember correctly, wasn't there a report saying that they wanted to turn Ted DiBiase Jr face? Because they believe that this way, they will get better sales for The Marine 2...I'm not sure if that was what it said...If anyone remembers this, would be much appreciated.

But back on topic, I always saw Ted as the shine-out star out of him and Rhodes. So, looking back at how Randy's career took off, I believe they may try a similar thing by having him break out, gain his father's support and working his way up to the top, just on a smaller scale.

Also, Ted's finisher, The Dream Street, looks badass! (He still uses that, right? lol)

^^^ Imagine, out of nowhere, Ted hits that on Orton in his match against whoever during NOC, costing him the title...wow lol

I said it in another post on here. I think it could happen next week. Remember how Ted told Randy he didn't have anything to worry about next week, because his dad was in charge. What if next week The Million Dollar Man comes out and set's up Randy vs Ted for the title. Then when the match starts Randy thinks that Ted is going to lay down, but he doesn't. Instead Ted takes the fight to Orton, its on that note that Swagger comes out and screws Dibiase out of the title. Then Ted Sr. can come out and say that Jr. is being added to the Night of Champions title match. (which I think will be a fatal four way) Thus putting Ted Sr. in the manger role of Ted Jr.

I like the idea of DiBiase leaving Legacy, but not yet. There needs to be some kind of build-up. They're working toward it very slowly, but it will happen.

For those with blinders on, WWE's putting a lot of stock in Ted Jr lately (putting him in a movie already, even if it was DTV), so rest assured he'll have to break out soon and become his own man. I'm just curious to see how they do it.

And while I'm a big MDM fan, I don't like the idea of having him be his son's manager/tutor. Ted Jr. needs to break out and form his own career, not be in the shadow of his father. Besides, he'd have to be heel because Ted Sr. was a heel for the majority of his career with the MDM gimmick.

... "who would replace Dibiase?" so nobody's gonna mention what we saw between jack swagger and randy orton last night...

You're crazy if you think that Jack freakin' Swagger is going to be in Legacy. That's not what that was about. That was Swagger showing Orton that even though he's been drafted to Raw now, he's still a player but he has enough respect for Randy Orton to not have his sights set on the WWE title. He'll be going for the US title if I know my wrestling. Correct me if I'm wrong but Jack Swagger is NOT a 2nd gen or 3rd gen or anything except himself.

As for Dibiase leaving Legacy; I don't see it happening any time soon soon. Before the end of the year?? Yes. Probably around the end of December and into January so he can face Orton for the title at the Rumble (if Orton is champion).

Was there at the double raw so to sit here and watch your predictions is hard without saying...however ill answer as how I saw it after all that..I sure feel that the will be an orton ted match but not sure if exactly how it would play out..I mean as was said earlier ted doesn't seem like he's ready to leave legacy yet as much as we might thi k or want him too...so if there is that match between the two its guna be hard to really think ted get over on orton..but the way ted has talked to Norton lately I don't see him backing down from the match..he has talked so much about legacy and with his dad being there next week I think he will want to prove to his dad how good he is

Well, he can leave very soon. I think Swagger is the nexxt Legacy member, and will temporarily replace Ted. Now i think it will be another "prove yourself" deal, where Swagger will have to take out Ted or something like that, but I cam see for a short angle, Jack Swagger and Ted, then Ted and Orton or vice versa.

Ted won't turn in the next month, but he will, very, very soon.

I said this in the Jack Swagger to legacy thread and I'll say it again here. Ted DiBiase leaving Legacy now would be a HUGE mistake. The only thing he has going for him is he looks ok in terms of not being ugly. Other than that, for those who don't watch Raw with million dollar sunglasses on, Cody carries the team. Whenever they wrestle, Cody wrestles the majority of the time and generally when Legacy gets in a scrum, it's Randy and Cody standing tall why Ted takes the fall. Dont' believe me? See the survivor series, see numerous Raws, just trust me on this. I could only imagine the promos Ted will cut on Orton if WWE was stupid enough to listen you guys and book him in a title match.....

"Randy, I am more better than you, and I will want to gonna beat you."

I stick with this until I see otherwise, but the apple fell WAY off the tree in this case. Ted Sr. was one of the best talkers of all time and his son can't put together a full sentence. I guess though that it's possible because of who his daddy is that the dude will get a push, just like Orton. Keep in mind Orton is the guy who oversells everything in the ring yet still wins, has really weird mannerisms if you ever pay attention, and cuts promos that I swear he's either a robot or there's a teleprompter somewhere in the arena. If Ted wants to be another Orton, that's fine, but if I was trying to be another 3rd generation superstar (which both Ted and Orton are), I would shoot to be the Rock, the only GOOD 3rd generation wrestler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back