• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ted DiBiase To Star In The Marine 2

Marquis

The reason why WWE wrote Ted DiBiase off television is due to him starring in "The Marine 2", WWE's second straight-to-DVD movie.

John Cena will not be apart of the movie outside of a possible cameo appearance.

It's unlikely DiBiase will be returning to television anytime soon.

Was anyone else surprised by this? Its on the main site. I know i was. I expected them to use a more well known superstar to star in the movie. DiBiase is still pretty new to the WWE audience and most of the current fans probably don't even know who his Dad is. Would be a great way to get him some form of exposure but not sure this will sell well at all.

So did DiBiase give up the tag titles and a spot in the Team Orton vs Team Batista match for what will most likely be a crappy straight to dvd movie that will do little for his career, or did WWE make him do it. Either way, unless he comes back with a pretty big angle, this career move will probably do shit for him.

As for the movie, my opinion is it'll probably suck much like the first Marine did and since DiBiase is a much less known name than Cena, I'm sure we'll see it collecting dust at a video store near you very soon after its release.

I bet half the film industry don't know who this guy is. I if was WWE i would have told him to focus more on his wrestling rather then his movie skills, although this could be a good career path after the WWE. I'm also surprised they chose DiBiase, i'd of thought they'd use a much more "famous" wrestler or someone that everyone knows as appose to a new kid on the block.

Well to say that its DiBiase's decision maybe a bit of a stretch. The Marine 2 is filmed by WWEFilms, which is owned by the WWE, which is owned by Vicne McMahon, so pretty much, if his boss tells him to make a movie, chances are he's going to get the go ahead to do it. Would you really, at the beginning fo what you hope to be a long career, go against a with of Mr. McMahon?

This can only be a good thing for Ted Jr. Remember back in 2004 when John Cena was a young new wrestler with alot of potenial ? They gave Cena the movie part in The Marine and he wasnt well known then. I se this as the begining of a big push for Ted. The movie will probably suck , But it'll give Ted credentials. Ted starring in a WWE movie just confirms that he's the future of the WWE.

I don't think it's a bad choice at all. Ted Dibiase looks like a Marine. He has the charisma to protray a movie role, but does he have the acting chops to pull it off? Time will tell. Oh, and to all of you who say that The Marine sucks. It was never supposed to be a masterpiece. Take it for what it was. An action flick that you can waste an hour and a half on. I expect an entertaining sequel.

I am actually struggling really hard to believe this. Why would they build up DiBiase and Rhodes to then take him out for a few months to film the Marine 2? This adding to the fact that the Marine 2 isn't even officially confirmed yet, seems a bit dubious.

DiBiase was married 3 weeks ago, that could be why he's off TV, you know for a honeymoon?

So this is why they wrote him out. I thought maybe it was drugs, injury, or because of poor attitude but am glad it's because the WWE has chosen him to star in their movie. Team Priceless was on a pretty big role and were one of the last "Real" tag teams, but I think both are destined to be single stars anyways. With this move it might indicated that the WWE is very high up on Dibiase, and maybe when he comes back he will get a pretty good push(against Orton maybe). I just hope this doesn't kill the momentum Dibiase had before the "injury". It also leaves us wondering what's going to happen to Rhodes. Will Manu & him become a tag team or maybe he will go "face" to challenge Orton, I guess only time will tell.

As for the movie itself I wasn't a fan of the first Marine so I doubt I'll watch this one. It make sence to put Dibiase in it instead of Cena, since they really need Cena to help the ratings now, and since it is straight to DVD it's really not that important.

I don't think that Dibiase would do a bad job as a Marine. I think he's got the look, but he needs to change his attitude in the movie to suit it to a Marine's. We'll see whether he plays the part well or not though. But this doesn't make sense on the WWE's part. They start pushing him, World Tag Team champion, solid mid card feud, in a stable, and then he loses the titles, and just leaves WWE TV altogether without anyone knowing what happened until now. Was this a last minute decision? Or was this a lack of communication? But this won't really help out Dibiase much, as its straight to DVD and not many people will actually see it.

Uh tim, its called ACTING lol. You act out a character, so yea, he would probably "change his attitude" :lmao:

And I think its awesome. People on these forums get so damn dramatic LOL. His push isnt "ruined" if anything, Mcmahon obviously has pretty big plans for this guy. Do you all remember who "went out with an injury" pretty early in a young push to film the FIRST Marine?? Uh, yea, thatd be one John Cena. His career turned out pretty ok. If anything this would help Dibiase by leaps and bounds, becuase it will further his acting/speaking skills, and he will get his acting skills very highly enhanced, which wether we all want to admit it or not, is what wrestling is ALL about. being a good actor, potraying a character. SO beside the GREAT look and pretty good skill set the guy has, this will highly further enhance his acting and speaking skills. Good for him.

Definitely a great thing for DiBiase here, and it shows the company has a lot of faith in him. I'm excited for what this means for his career down the road. I can certainly see him becoming Intercontinental Champion shortly after he returns. I'm just going to throw out a ballpark figure for his return, and figure he'll be out for about a month to 6 weeks. I'm estimating off of how long Kennedy was out for his movie, and I assume these two will be of comparable length.

I figure they'll pair him back up with Cody and Manu, for another tag title reign, or perhaps they might turn him face? I'm just thinking that DiBiase turning face could help the movie's sales. I'd like to see how he goes as a face, and just because his dad was a big heel doesn't mean DiBiase has to follow the same path. I think he might do rather well as a face. A feud with Cody and Manu (who could make a fine tag team together, at that) and going on for an IC title reign could be in DiBiase's future.

The movie should be good enough. I mean, it's not like anyone is watching the Marine for a compelling story or moving dialog. It should be a good action movie and worth a look. I'd like to see how DiBiase does in the role as well, how well he pulls it off. Should help out his working skills all around as well.

Well Ted Dibiase couldn't be a worse actor than Cena, so I don't see any problem with it. If anything he'll probably make the film better than Cena would have done were he to return.

The Marine was a pile of shit, but it might have been elevated by a better actor. All that charisma in a wrestling ring, but Cena couldn't transform any of that into an acting role.

The 2nd will be a worse film, if it was of better or equal quality, a bigger star would have the part. But if he can act then Ted Dibiase might improve the film.

Dibiase in a movie as well?

What's next? Kung Fu Naki in a remake of Shogun Assassin?

So far the only WWE movie i'll even consider watching is Behind Enemy Lines: Columbia. If only to see if they credit him as Mr. Kennedy.

I didn't watch The Marine for Cena, i'm sure as hell not going to watch a sequel starring Ted Dibiase Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back