Ted DiBiase Esquire

i think ted jr could be somethin special in the future he has the look that the wwe looks for he seemed natural on the mic and thats a plus and the EVERYONE HAS A PRICE BUT IM PRICELESS line was a good play on his father but i think a nice slow push should work for him and i agree wit the idea of a stable or bringin back the million dollar belt for him to use would b amazing

I think that Jr is going to have a really tough time making it big and the WWE. Like it or not, he's going to be compare to his dad, the fact that he has the same name and come out to the same music as his dad might just hurt him in the end. Let's hope that he can get throught all this and actually make a name for himself but even with all the talent is the world, i still think that fans will see him as the million dollar man's boy and he might end up were DH Smith is right now.

I saw the debut last night, and it was Awesome. I doubt we'll be seeing much more of Sr in the coming weeks, but I see huge things for Jr. Unfortunatly, they already put him in the Tag Title hunt with a mystery partner, so who knows who that'll be.

Oh, and I think he'll be using the Million Dollar Dream. that house show I was at a few weeks ago featured TDjr vs Kenny Dykstra, and TDjr got the "Dream" on him after a backflip on the turnbuckle! Eben though he fell to the mat and was pinned while the move was applie,d it was fucking sweet to watch! I'd never seen the guy and that was an AWESOME moment in the night!

Personally, i like this new guy. another Dibiase, finally something to watch on Raw. I may actually start tuning into it now. His announced title chase is a great thing, but that bit could have ended with the music hitting as soon as he stopped talking. That would have made it even more of intimidating to the opposition that hes coming and nothings going to stop him. Yes, he looks too much like Orton and i think he should get the money tights like Dibiase had because he's basically told everyone that he's following the whole Everyones got a price deal. Rhodes is doing it too so yeah lol i also think that the Dibiase music should be like, re-done in a way as in updated for Ted Jr so that its newer and not exactly the same for him. I really liked how he is just targeting Rhodes too as previously stated by 1 if not many before me who have posted. What would also be interesting is if we can see Ted Sr as his manager. That, would be pretty damn priceless itself. You know, get him started and hopefully over time, Ted Sr would let him go on his own and now that ive seen Ted Jr, id really like to see him and Orton go at it. that would be amazing. If i say so myself, Raw may be coming back but lets see what they can do with Dibiase Jr.

I don't have a clue how WWE are planning to build this guy up, or how his first weeks are going to go, but I hope he doesn't get burned out too quick. I'd rather they built him up slow like Cody Rhodes.
I like the way that Cody Rhodes has been used since his debut, he has an experienced vet in Hardcore Holly as his mentor and he is surely develloping his skills in the ring, and he has even been given a little bit of promo time.
I think it is an awesome decision to bring Dibiase in against Rhodes, as they are effectivley always going to be compared to each other because of the second (or third as someone had already pointed out) generation link. They have debuted at a similar time and they are going to climb the WWE ladder together, either as partners or enemies, or probabally both at some point. I genuinley believe that these two are the new Orton and Cena.

I bet there's a queue of guys in the back wanting to be young Theodores partner, but whether he "buys" someones services or just brings somebody in, I can't wait to watch this guy and see how he does.

Thats the perfect set-up right there. I'm almost shocked I didn't even think of that. John Bradshaw Layfield has been considered the "Million Dollar Man" of this era, because of his gimmick for being "rich & snobby."

Teaming DiBiase Jr. up with J.B.L. and having DiBiase Sr. manage them would be the single greatest thing to happen yet!

I was just about to say the same, that this stable would be just great! If you should tag team DiBiase with someone do it with J.B.L and let Sr. manage them. Both of them have the $ image and this might make J.B.L a championship contender. But like someone already said, please don't make this one similar deput like with "Koslov" or some other crapy wrestler. Don't make him dominate some cruiserweight opponents and go the first 20 matches without a lose. I just hate that. Hopefully he has a bright future...

, please don't make this one similar deput like with "Koslov" or some other crapy wrestler. Don't make him dominate some cruiserweight opponents and go the first 20 matches without a lose. I just hate that. Hopefully he has a bright future...

Well said.
New superstars do not have to win every single match convincingly to get over with the fans.
I remember Orton and Cena in their debuts, both of them got beat by Undertaker and Kurt Angle respectivley. But in that one match, both wrestlers had shown they have what it takes to suceed in this business, and guess what, 3 or 4 years later they were facing each other at the grandest stage of them all for the WWE title.
I've not even seen Ted Dibiase have a single match yet, but judging from what I seen of him on Raw, he has got the look, some mic skills, and the backing of the company. Sometimes you just know when you have seen someone special, and i think Dibiase is one of them people.

I was impressed with his Mic skills most young stars usually need work on that but he was right on. He is a little greed and ruff around the edges but he will be great down the road as long as he comes into his own and does not be like his father. Cody in my opinion is trying to be like dad the dream never happen create your own gimmick.

Ted Dibiase Jr. has me interested already, he definitely looks like a future power player for the WWE and I can see him being WWE/World Champ someday. There were rumours going around that WWE was going to have a new heel stable consisting mostly of younger stars and it looks like it is going to happen since they brought Dibiase Jr. on RAW just days after the rumour. I am liking the ideas of JBL being the leader of the group to guide the younger stars, but I also think that Randy Orton would be a great candidate for the role as well. There would be Orton, a third generation wrestler, Dibiase Jr., Cody Rhodes, and D.H. Smith are all second generation wrestlers(there is also Carlito, but I doubt he will fit into the group as much as the others), that would be a brilliant heel stable IMO. Orton always talks about the older wrestlers stealing his spotlight, so it would be perfect for him to lead a group consisting of younger wrestlers to destroy all the veterans that cross their path, four men is the best option because the leader can go after the WWE title, one of the others can go after the IC title, and the other two can compete for the tag titles.

As for who Ted Dibiase Jr.'s partner is, I think it is going to be D.H. Smith, they will eventually beat Rhodes and Holly for the tag titles and Cody will later turn on Holly and join Dibiase Jr. and D.H. Smith to contend for the IC title. All that is left is a leader and like I previously said, Orton is my favorite pick to take the role, and Dibiase Sr. can be the manager, God Damn, that is a great stable, I hope it actually happens lol.

You know what I was just thinking?, when reading through this thread you see alot of people throwing around the idea of Cody turning on Holly and joining up with TD jr., but why not do it the other way around, and have Holly turn on Cody, IMO I really just can't see Cody working well as a heel, but we all know Holly can make people hate him, and it's not like Holly has a history of beating the fuck out of younger guys coming in, I could definitely see Holly turning on Cody being more believable than the other way around, either way this whole thing actually has my attention and I'm actually looking forward to Raw next week just to see what they do next with this guy (well that and the Kennedy/Burchill feud has my attention too)

i'm real excited for junior and w/e happens with the upcoming angle. i agree jr. looks a lot like orton. he should grow a goatee, grow out his hair or wear long tights. if dibiase goes for the titles against cody and bob at N.O.C. alone and have cody turn on bob during the match that would be pretty good. does the introduction of dibiase spell the end for the marella carlito tag shots and what are they going to do with carlito now

Here's my idea for a new DiBiase stable, although it may be a lil far fetched...

How about Cryme Tyme joining up with the kid as enforcers. Have him "buy" them. Seriously, their tag line is "get that money money". Have them go more serious and act as his enforcers. Put the tag belts on them with interference by DiBiase. He follows through with his initial threat by taking the belts off Rhodes and Hardcore, and WWE doesn't have to go through the nasty business of giving DiBiase a partner, because there really isn't anyone of any kind of value that makes any real sense in that role.

Then, have DiBiase fued with Jericho for the IC belt. The whole HBK/Batista/Jericho things is kinda sucky. It has really run it's course. Have him win the belt with a real murky ending aided by Cryme Tyme. Possible effects: Fans finally know what Jericho is supposed to be. Give him some time as a face. DiBiase gets major heel heat by having the murky ending. I'm concerned that this guy with all this heel promise gets turned into a face just by sheer nostalgia for his dad.

There is still the need of having another guy in the stable to be the big angry guy. I have another idea. How about DiBiase shows how much power his money has by "buying" John Cena, who is already getting some heel heat in some places. Have Cena win the title from Triple H down the road, with help from DiBiase and Cryme Tyme. Make it seem like Cena knew the whole time. The heat would be quick and severe after something like that.

I pray to God that WWE doesnt screw this one up. I'm really feeling the stable idea of 2nd/3rd generation stables taking over Raw, and beating the "veterans" and running raw, thus pushing new young talent, and expanding the roster so in case Trips gets injured, or some other unforseen event happens, we dont have no names getting pushed. But a stable with TD2 would be perfect........now im really intrigued

This is a set-up for one of the coolest debuts EVER. Dibiase Jr. says he's going after the tag belts off the bat. Go with it.

Jr. enters the match against Holly/Rhodes with his dad as manager, but no partner. The referee is thrown back by Jr., who is cocky like his dad. They ring the bell with a Holly-Jr. tie-up. Rhodes slaps Holly and is very heelish.

At one point, Rhodes turns on Holly and allows Jr. to pin Holly. Suddenly, Cody Rhodes is tag team champ still, but has flipped and is now with Ted Dibiase Jr with the Million Dollar Man as their manager. You now have a heel stable with incredible heat, Cody Rhodes with some character (thank God), and Millions of Dollars to bribe referees, other wrestlers, etc.

Now take it a step further...the draft is coming up. Let's move over Natalya, another second generation star to win the women's belt. Let's give DH smith a gimmick (finally) by bringing him in (everyone has a price). Even Orton is a possibility!

Now imagine the angles created. Bob Holly wants revenge badly. Dibiase is paying off wrestlers to lay down, referees to make fast counts, and even bribing members of the stable to stay with them. Orton joins for millions of dollars and has a stable behind him to really usher in the Age of Orton. The women's title gets a new wrestler who can wrestle. The IC title is open to any of these guys.

Eventually, the stars in this stable can move on, but the group will give all of them some personality. Each of them, aside from Orton, need an angle. Beatdowns after matches and bribery always do a character well.

i can just see him paying a certain tagteam to do his dirty work, You know the team that loves money? cryme tyme. they defanetly have a price.

Oh Sparky, that one's gone right up my flagpole, I'm saluting that one! Dibiase tries to find a tag partner in the back and no-one trusts him (because his father was notoriously untrustworthy) and in the end he pays crime time to win the belts and buys them from them, if they then turn Rhodes on Holly and Cody joins with TD jr then maybe it'll hide Cody's absolute lack of charisma.

But yeah I marked out old school for The Million Dollar Man, I always do. However I was hoping they'd give him a different name than Ted Dibiase, could confuse the casual viewer if they refer to father and son by the same name, or maybe they'll rename the original Ted Dibiase Classic, live Chavo Guerrrero! lol.

Can't wait to see what he does next, this kid has really got me interested in Raw right now!

Without a doubt Ted DiBiase Jr will be a future main eventer. His debut really impressed me. He has the look, mic skills and, quite possibly the best catch phrase ever already established. I can't wait to see him in action. Hopefully he doesn't disappoint.

I think a stable would be a great idea. He should team with JBL who seems to be getting lost in Raw's overcrowded main event scene.

It seems that they're going to keep him in the TagTeam scene for now, judging by what I remember of his comments last week (his tagline kinda overshadowed everything else). Probably not a bad idea since he just debuted, and hopefully they're going to try to resurrect the tag team division... (I rewatched WM17 today... I miss the days with actually good PPVs, and actual divisions).

Personally I do hope this rumored Next-Gen stable comes around. Not sure how many members it'd have or who all would be in it... DiBiase, maybe Rhodes if he went heel... Orton is 3rd gen and already a heel, but damn if either he or DiBiase doesn't need to change their look to avoid confusion with the other.

Hopefully they're trying to bring back some of their divisions. They seem to be trying (somewhat) with their women division (even tho Vince just wants Playboy Bunnies) judging by the ONS match, but who knows. I can only hope.

His debut was really well done i have to say and he really looks like the future. He has the look, the mic skills IMO some of the best mic skills out of new superstar in a long time and he has a damn good catch phrase and to top it off he has a legend for his father!

He really has the potential to go far, but i wouldnt push him to fast. I would continue to push him for the tag titles first and then slowly build to the IC title. But i think a young generation stable would be excellent for him or one with the William Regal as the power authority when he gets back. He could be in a stable with DH Smith, Burchill and Regal and they would have all the authority with William Regal as GM or

A stable with JBL and Ted DiBiase as the mouthpieces with all the power and money, Randy Orton as the Main Eventer, he and DH Smith or Cody Rhodes as tag team champions and even Burchill can fit in a stable like this aswell.

This kid has a lot of potential so the key is not to do anything stupid like the WWE usually tries to do, build him up slowly and dont make him beat jobbers week in week out, and if they do this, this guy can be a star in a couple years time. And if he has a stable behind him, the possibilities are endless!

I've seen quite a bit of his Japanese and indy work. He's certainly got a lot more potential. Far more so in my opinion that D.H. Smith, Cody Rhodes, and others. And from the looks of thinks he's inherited his fathers mic skills. I don't think he should adopt the Million $ Man gimmick as such. I still think it should be his fathers money. But he should be able to possibly, say, utalize his fathers money.

I also don't think he should be paired with his dad. As it looks like he can talk I don't see how he can help him. The occasional fleeting appearence is fine. But Ted Dibiase has a very 80's style of promo. If it didn't help Steve Austin in 1996, it won't help his son in 2008.

Can he please still keep the music jake?? Please??....that Music needs to exist in the WWE on a consistent basis at all times. And this has been my plan from the beginning. the beeeeggiiiining. Allow him to be a spoiled rich kid type, who has inherited his fathers cash. Has storyline potential for days, with social castes and the like. Vs Hardy (rich kid Vs emo druggie kid) Vs Cryme Tyme (that has potential for days actually) things of that nature. Just for the love of god dont make him an Orton clone. Ask Daniel Rodimer.

Ted DiBiase Jr made a huge debut. One of the best Ive seen in a while and the best thing about it was that he got heel heat straight away. Theres not many heels nowadays that get heat the very first time they appear on the show. He looks a little like a young version of Randy Orton which isn't a bad thing.

I hope hes good in the ring because he already has good mic skills which is a huge bonus. I liked Cody Rhodes' debut too as he stood up to Randy Orton from what I can remember. Ted has the look and the mic skills to be a star, lets just hope he has the in ring ability. The only negative I see from this is.. why on Raw?? Smackdown would best suit this young man. Raw already has Rhodes and D.H Smith, how come Smackdown always gets screwed??

Smackdown builds stars more easily and quicker than Raw in my opinion. M.V.P, Mr Kennedy, John Cena, Bobby Lashley, Rey Mysterio are all stars because they were on Smackdown during the earlier stages of their careers. Raw already has too much talent and just like D.H Smith, Ted DiBiase unfortunately COULD get lost in the shuffle.

Smackdown builds stars more easily and quicker than Raw in my opinion. M.V.P, Mr Kennedy, John Cena, Bobby Lashley, Rey Mysterio are all stars because they were on Smackdown during the earlier stages of their careers. Raw already has too much talent and just like D.H Smith, Ted DiBiase unfortunately COULD get lost in the shuffle.

Well, first off, Rey was already a star from his work in Mexico, ECW, and WCW. He duidn't become a star because of the WWE.

Now, onto the topic. I have done some research on TD, jr. via youtube. He seems like a decent performer. A little green, but those may have just been some of his earlier matches. I think he is going to be a superstar waiting to happen, sort of like Randy Orton was.

Well, first off, Rey was already a star from his work in Mexico, ECW, and WCW. He duidn't become a star because of the WWE.

Yea everyone knows that. But Rey became a World Champion on Smackdown, not ECW or WCW. Sure Mexico, ECW and WCW developed Mysterio, but it was WWE Smackdown that truly made him into a very popular star who is very well known around the globe.

I think TD2 should also move to Smackdown. RAW is too crowded with big name stars so TD2 would probably get lost in the crowd. All the new generation stars should start on Smackdown, which is seriously lacking a main-event scene.

TD2 could even feud with the Undertaker some day, given Taker and TD1's past rivalry.

it would be really cool if IRS had a son and then they could form the new money inc, just a cool idea, but yeah thsi kid is one hell of a wrestler and lets hope he is better then cody rodes..how many moves does he know 5?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back