Taker's Streak + MITB

Louie Lips

Occasional Pre-Show
I was just wondering, if lets say next year the Undertaker was to participate in the MITB ladder match, if he wasn't to be the one to retrieve the suitcase would that count as an end to his streak? What are your thoughts?

The Undertaker would never be in the MitB, it is for upper midcarders who are on the brink of a push, Taker isn't either. He will always be in matches billed as "Wrestler vs the Streak" until he retires. So it isn't even worth thinking about.

I would like to see the winner of MITB try and use it to end the Undertakers streak at next years Wrestlemania. Like have them talk up that they are cashing it in at WM26 and then have everyone guessing which champ he is going to cash it in on. Then swerve the world with a loophole and challenge a worn down Undertaker. This would be the only way I would like to see the streak end, in some kind of screwjob. Or Taker wins this match as well, adding to the WM mystic of the Deadman.

Just to answer your actual question.

Yes it would end Undertaker's streak...

If you check Edge's Wrestlemania record he was also 7-0 until Wrestlemania 23 when he was in the MITB, when he lost in the next years programme they put in that he was 7-1 on his record.

Same for HBK when he lost in the triple Threat at WM20. He wasn't involved in the decision but because he didn't win they class it as a loss.

Notice last year how they didn't bill Undertaker vs. Edge as Streak vs. Streak? It's because Edge was in the '07 MITB and lost. Although WWE would never put Taker in one of those matches, and if he did and lost, they'd still say he was undefeated.

I'd liek to see The Undertaker win/retain the title at a future Wrestlemania, only for the MitB winner to cash in and win the title AND end the streak. Would be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back