Survivor Series 2017 |LD| - Red VS Blue

I never want to see HHH wrestle again. I don't want his character to get his comeuppance, I don't want to see him get killed by Braun again, I don't want him in a ring again period. He and his wife can fuck off. They're beyond Xpac Heat.

Don't worry it's about time for stephs semi annual 9 month vacation.

She's looking a bit big, or more likely preg

As soon as Nakamura got eliminated you knew it was going to be a bad match, obviously Roode going a minute later just confirmed that. It's not that I wanted them to be the main players but it was Orton/Shane/Cena against Raw basically and 2018 isn't the time to be doing that, maybe 06. Unfortunately there was no one to really take that first pin except I don't know, fucking Shane o mac!!

New Day vs Shield was everything I hoped for and more. Part 2 would be even more epic because then you truly don't know who is going to win which probably would've made this match a tad bit better, still great though.

What a complete letdown of an ending on what was an otherwise solid show. The first part of the main event was fun, but after Nakamura got eliminated, it was all downhill from there.

I actually watched this. My conclusion is that they could not have made Smackdown look like any more of an inferior brand if they had been trying to, which I am not entirely convinced that they weren't.

The problem is actually more one of build than of results. You cannot build a company wide program based around the question of "Is Smackdown the 'B' show?" if you are not prepared to have Smackdown go over in the confrontations that matter.

I actually watched this. My conclusion is that they could not have made Smackdown look like any more of an inferior brand if they had been trying to, which I am not entirely convinced that they weren't.

The problem is actually more one of build than of results. You cannot build a company wide program based around the question of "Is Smackdown the 'B' show?" if you are not prepared to have Smackdown go over in the confrontations that matter.

They've run this story at least 3-4 times now too. Smackdown has won a few times and as you probably guessed, nothing changes. I don't see why there isn't more of a prize than bragging rights. Say the winning side gets the main event of Wrestlemania or the last five spots in the Royal Rumble or something like that. At least have it be for something of value.

This iteration is a little bit different to the norm. There's a difference between a dispute over whatever the fuck brand supremacy is supposed to be, and one that is literally framed in the terms of Smackdown trying to prove that it isn't the 'B' show.

Normally the winners have a little party and everyone moves on with their lives, but I'm struggling to envisage a scenario for Tuesday night, short of WWE's prize winning philosophy of immediately pretending this whole thing never happened, that doesn't involve some kind of "Yup; we suck" from the Smackdown cast. By my count, every single male baby-face, on the entire brand, lost last night; with most of those ostensibly higher up the card looking a bit shit. That's not an auspicious position to start building towards Clash of Champions.

Put another way; how the fuck are Sami and Kevin, when they open the show tomorrow, supposed to make their promo in any way inaccurate or exaggerated.

This iteration is a little bit different to the norm. There's a difference between a dispute over whatever the fuck brand supremacy is supposed to be, and one that is literally framed in the terms of Smackdown trying to prove that it isn't the 'B' show.

Normally the winners have a little party and everyone moves on with their lives, but I'm struggling to envisage a scenario for Tuesday night, short of WWE's prize winning philosophy of immediately pretending this whole thing never happened, that doesn't involve some kind of "Yup; we suck" from the Smackdown cast. By my count, every single male baby-face, on the entire brand, lost last night; with most of those ostensibly higher up the card looking a bit shit. That's not an auspicious position to start building towards Clash of Champions.

Put another way; how the fuck are Sami and Kevin, when they open the show tomorrow, supposed to make their promo in any way inaccurate or exaggerated.

Well Sami and Kevin can just say "we totally would have beaten this dream team on Raw but Shane had to do it himself".

Other than that they'll focus on AJ coming THIS close to beating Lesnar and the Jinder Mahal title match. For the rest of the people....yeah it didn't happen or matter because we're moving on.

Well Sami and Kevin can just say "we totally would have beaten this dream team on Raw but Shane had to do it himself".

Other than that they'll focus on AJ coming THIS close to beating Lesnar and the Jinder Mahal title match. For the rest of the people....yeah it didn't happen or matter because we're moving on.

Except that's, broadly speaking, accurate. Them coming down and running down the rest of Smackdown doesn't work when the rest of Smackdown has just come off looking shit. They'd have to lean super hard into Sami and Kevin "costing" the brand their chance at victory, which I don't think anybody is going to buy.

Except that's, broadly speaking, accurate. Them coming down and running down the rest of Smackdown doesn't work when the rest of Smackdown has just come off looking shit. They'd have to lean super hard into Sami and Kevin "costing" the brand their chance at victory, which I don't think anybody is going to buy.

With Shane McMahon, nearly 50 years old, appointing himself captain supposed to be a face move, Smackdown already has big issues with making people buy arguments.

In other words, forget all the logic and common sense because we need to push Shane as the big star.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mahal gets the title back this Tuesday, since from a kayfabe perspective, AJ is now damaged goods as a champion. Mahal could claim "I never lost to Lesnar." And then boom! WWE has their main event for Clash of Champions.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mahal gets the title back this Tuesday, since from a kayfabe perspective, AJ is now damaged goods as a champion. Mahal could claim "I never lost to Lesnar." And then boom! WWE has their main event for Clash of Champions.

Gross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back