Surprise of the Year

Discussion in '2010 Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Surprise of the Year

1. Flair Joins TNA

2. Hardy Joins TNA

3. Danielson Returns

4. Nexus Invasion

5. Cena is Fired

6. Swagger Wins MITB

7. Kane Wins MITB/Cashes In

8. Hardy Heel Turn

9. Cena Joins Nexus

10. Bret Hart Returns

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Stephen11

Stephen11 Pre-Show Stalwart

I had to go with the Nexus invasion. No one saw it coming and it was definitely one of those "WTF? This is so cool!" moments. It was also the beginning of one of the biggest story-line this year.

2. TJ Matics

TJ Matics It was never the same.

I vote for the Nexus invasion, comming completly out of nowhere and headlining for the rest of the year is this really a debate. Swagger winning is a strong second for me, he hinted to it the RAW before, but I thought he was just playing the cocky heel, though a surprise that turned out very badly IMO

3. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

The Nexus Invasion hands down. The original Nexus beatdown of John Cena and the destruction of the ringside area on Raw came completely out of left field. It's probably the single greatest ending to a wrestling television program in years, maybe even this decade.

Part of what made it so shocking was that, taking NXT out of the picture, virtually everyone of the members of Nexus were complete unknowns and they made a huge statement and impression. They went from a group of nobodies to the most talked about wrestling faction in years virtually overnight.

4. DangerousDave

DangerousDave The dirtiest player in the game.

I see I'm vastly outnumbered by WWE fanboys, being a TNA only watcher I voted for the Hardy turn. I was surprised at how few votes it got even with the majority of voters being WWE fans. For TNA this was the swerve of the year. BTW I have nothing against WWE fans, its just not for me.

[​IMG]

5. CelticCorey

CelticCorey Getting Noticed By Management

I would go with Swagger. I was and still am a huge fan of Swagger's. While I knew on Wrestlemania Sunday I would be a very happy man if Swagger won it, no way did I see it coming. He had a 1 in 10 chance but I didn't see it happening. It was such a great moment for me as a WWE fan.