• Swagger Wins MITB

• Kane Wins MITB/Cashes In

• Hardy Heel Turn

• Cena Joins Nexus

• Bret Hart Returns

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Surprisingly enough, Nexus and Daniel Bryan were the big nominees here. That hasn't happened often here.

Yes Nexus debuting was a shock but not one person in the IWC called Flair being at TNA on January 4th. I got home from RAW that night and my friend had messaged me saying Flair joined TNA and I did not believe him at all. Reguardless if he flopped after joining this takes the cake for the surprise of the year.

Let's break it down:

Flair Joins TNA - We saw this on the dirt sheets before it happened and that took away from its impact.

Hardy Joins TNA - See Flair Joins TNA.

Danielson Returns - This one is very close. But let's face it... Daniel Bryan was not a big enough character in the WWE to make this more surprising than what Nexus did to Raw on 6/7/10. No matter how big of a Danielson fanboy you are, you must admit this.

Cena is Fired - VERY shocking moment, but it was always a possibility. The Nexus Invasion wasn't even a consideration or a thought in anyone's head.

Swagger wins MITB - I doubt anyone will consider this one to win so I won't waste my time.

Kane wins MITB/Cashes In - Another good shock, but come on now... the point of MITB is for this to happen eventually. What difference does it make WHEN it happened?

Hardy Heel Turn - This one is one of the top picks in here. Like the Nexus Invasion, this wasn't even in the cards for the majority of the viewers. However, some predicted it. NO ONE predicted Nexus's invasion. That's why this heel turn can be ONE OF the most surprising moments of the year, but not THE most surprising moment.

Cena Joins Nexus - See Cena is Fired.

Bret Hart Returns - It was teased for months. Not much of a surprise.

The Nexus Invasion wins this.

Let's look at the factors... there wasn't even a SHRED of foreshadowing for their invasion, it happened on live television during the flagship program (and NOT on a pay per view so every WWE fan could witness it), their was no motive, the champion and flagship show was attacked so it made maximum shock value, and it was a dominant showing and the most talked about occurrence on the forums all year.

I think Danielson being fired in the first place was a much bigger shocker than anything listed. How many threads did KB close on the subject again?

Bret Hart returning to WWE even though it had been advertised for so long. As Bret said hell seemed to have finally frozen over. I never expected to see this.

The Nexus Invasion. That was absolutely perfectly done. No one knew it was coming and it genuinely delivered the shock factor which the WWE is rarely able to do.

DBD returning wasn't more surprising than the Nexus invasion, but it was a better surprise. Well, arguably.

You can accuse me of being a DBD mark - I mean, I am the only guy on the forum that bothers with the DBD acronym - but don't forget that Bryan was a big part of that invasion. Arguably the most notable part; he choked Justin Roberts with his tie, spat in Cena's face, kicked him the head and had the best line of the whole affair: "You are not better than me!". I can't help but wonder what role Bryan would have played in Nexus had he not been released after that night.

Besides, Bryan coming back at SummerSlam was brought up numerous times. Thing was, it was on a list of "things that definitely won't be happening at SummerSlam, you sad, sad fanboy." I remember nearly falling out of my chair when that generic rock music played, along with that crappy titantron. I was absolutely freaking out as Bryan went on to tear a hole in the match.

Frankly, I'm split. I am going to award my vote to Bryan returning though - on the basis that it wasn't more surprising, it was just a better surprise.

Frankly, I'm split. I am going to award my vote to Bryan returning though - on the basis that it wasn't more surprising, it was just a better surprise.

"all things being equal the simplest solution is the best"

This is Occam's Razor, and it applies here.

- Both surprises happened with absolutely NO foreshadowing.

- Both happened on live television.

- Both completely shocked us.

- Both happened during important broadcasts.

But the difference should be that one return impacted a single television broadcast... the other impacted an entire flagship show, promotion, and it's top babyface for months after its inception. Simple enough?

Nexus has the advantage.

Nexus's debut was more surprising as nobody could have imagined that attack taking place. Bryan was on the list of possible seventh men who would make everybody here ejaculate, right under Triple H and The Rock. We'd all considered it.

As much as I like Danielson, the guy has lost more matches as US champ than won. And Nexus has impacted Raw in every single episode since they came in. There really isn't much to think about.

Lost more matches as US champ than won?

He beat Ziggler three times, and DiBiase twice. The only one-on-one losses he has as the U.S. champ are to Sheamus and Del Rio.

If Bryan had come back for a single night and then disappeared again, sure...

As much as I like Danielson, the guy has lost more matches as US champ than won. And Nexus has impacted Raw in every single episode since they came in. There really isn't much to think about.

I made a thread about how all the pieces were in place for Bryan to return.

Sly told me I was a complete idiot for even entertaining the thought.

Nexus gets my vote, but Bryan's return was extremely surprising and he's since taken the WWE by storm.

Lost more matches as US champ than won?

He beat Ziggler three times, and DiBiase twice. The only one-on-one losses he has as the U.S. champ are to Sheamus and Del Rio.

Also this.

The answer has to be Nexus. For it to be surprise, there has to be no knowledge or mention of it all. There was no speculation of the Nexus debut before Viewer's Choice Raw. After the attack, it left a lot of people questioning "What the hell just happened?"

The answer has to be Nexus. For it to be surprise, there has to be no knowledge or mention of it all. There was no speculation of the Nexus debut before Viewer's Choice Raw. After the attack, it left a lot of people questioning "What the hell just happened?"

...Similar to the fan attack during Eddie's ladder match, & lots of other such things we never heard from WWE about again later.

...Similar to the fan attack during Eddie's ladder match, & lots of other such things we never heard from WWE about again later.

Yet, those attacks didn't lead to the biggest angle in the WWE in the past decade. What is so great about Danielson return that it's better than the Nexus invasion?

Well, they share the surprise trait... Plus Danielson was already a proven star & talent in the business... He's done better than any NXT winner yet...

So he's done better Barrett? Matches aside, Barrett and Nexus has made a bigger impact in the WWE than Danielson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back