Suggestions Please?

JamJam

It's goin' down forreal!
So guys, I'm getting an Xbox 360. Or is a PS3 better? Lol. But anyway, I'm setting my mind to an Xbox 360. Now, any suggestions for games?

I like games like COD, BioShock, Halo, and all that jazz. So yeah, any suggestions? And if you suggest the games I just said, what version of it? And also give a reason why I should get those games.

Let the ideas roll...

I prefer the PS3, but it all depends on the user. When deciding cosider:
*What system has more exclusive games that you'd enjoy
*What system does most of your friends use
*Online fees

As for games:
*Out lf all of the recent Call of Duty games. Modern Warfare's single player campaign has the best story. There is only slight differences between multiplayer experiences between all Call of Duty games.

*You might like the Killzone series if you end up with a PS3.

*Battlefield is suppose to be a very enjoyable shooter that is different alternative in how Call of Duty plays. Battlefield 3 comes out in November along side Modern Warfare 3, and in my opinion looks phenominal.

*Bioshock Infinite comes out in 2012 and appears to play similar as Bioshock, but in a completely opposite setting and atmosphere.

Hope this helps.

Get a 360. If you do, you have to try Gears Of war 2, or just wait for 3 to come out this fall.

Also, because I'm a fanboy: Mortal Kombat.

Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 for the 360 are great FPS games regarding some classic zombie killing.

Dead Rising 1 or the new one Dead Rising: Off the Record are also decent zombie killing games. They aren't FPS though.

Mortal Kombat is great for a while, but once you get bored with online match-ups, or if you don't go in for that - once you finish the Story mode, and get annoyed at the 300 challenge, it becomes boring.

Smackdown Series; I'd recommend anything from the SDvRaw collection, but I can not say enough how stupid Legends of Wrestlemania & All Stars are both too arcade-kiddy for my liking.

Sports wise, you can never go wrong with NCAA Football or Madden.

PS3 FTW!

But if you have your heart on paying for your online gaming- Fable II and III,.

Get a 360. If you do, you have to try Gears Of war 2, or just wait for 3 to come out this fall.

Bingo! I'm a big mark for the GOW franchise and it's the best exclusive on the next gen consoles. The campaign is good and the multiplayer is incredibly fun (once you get over the learning curve). It's really a revolutionary gory TPS.

Bingo! I'm a big mark for the GOW franchise and it's the best exclusive on the next gen consoles. The campaign is good and the multiplayer is incredibly fun (once you get over the learning curve). It's really a revolutionary gory TPS.

:wtf:

I won't tell you which system to buy, because I own all 3 current gen systems, and they all have perks and falts. Example, I'm only online right now because I was gonna play some Black Ops on the 360, but my membership expired, so I can't play online till I fork out the cash. Or just play it on the PS3.

While there is a thread here involving video games, and I'll have to assume Lee may read this post, I have a question. I'm looking to download Ocarina of Time onto the Wii, and I'll be using the classic controller. How does it handle?

(This isn't just for Lee lol)

I've never played it on VC as I have it on N64.

PS3. Sure, there are villages in African you could probably buy with that much money.. But can poor African village do everything a PS3 can?

- Blue Ray
- Great games
- Internet
- USB connection
- Relatively cheap and large online store
- Fancy HHD
- Etc
- Etc

However, I would have to recommend that you have a HD TV. They really don't tell people that on SD, everything look blurry/shaky.

That's my subjective opinion, of course. I know you're a Nintendo enthusiast Lee, but have you ever played Gears of War? I just checked my stats online, and I played Gears of War 2 multiplayer for exactly 30 days. Yep. 30 days.

PS3. Sure, there are villages in African you could probably buy with that much money.. But can poor African village do everything a PS3 can?

- Blue Ray
- Great games
- Internet
- USB connection
- Relatively cheap and large online store
- Fancy HHD
- Etc
- Etc

PS# has TWO "Etc"... THERE ISN'T ANY CONSOLE IN THE WORLD THAT HAS TWO "Etc", so PS3 FTW!!

PS3 and Xbox seem the same to me. Except PS3 is free online, and has blue ray. Of course Xbox is more secure.

Do you need a new computer? I heard about a deal going around where if you buy a new computer with windows 7, you get a free Xbox 360. I suppose Microsoft is taking advantage, and kicking PS3 when they're down.

I use a ps3 though. Never tried Xbox, but it really doesn't matter to me. Whatever plays my games.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Now why don't you tell me what games make the Xbox 360 or PS3 better.

What games do you like? If you like sci-fi games like Halo, go to Xbox. PS3 has a great adventure/shooter game in the Uncharted Series, there's a 3rd one coming out this fall.

Most of the games I play though, are available to both systems. If you were ever interested in any of the GTA series games, or anything made by Rockstar, they're making a PS3 exclusive called Agent. I don't know much about it, but I know it's going to be good.

Xbox and Ps3 are pretty much equal in my opinion.

Gears of War. Period.

Gears of War and BioShock are pretty fun on the Xbox. But fuck, Uncharted and COD is fun on the PS3! so hard to choose...lol. I'm not really gonna play online and stuff. But maybe I'll go with the PS3. Seems like it plays movies better.

perfect_dark_wallpaper.jpg

Of course Xbox is more secure./QUOTE]

It is still made by Microsoft.. :p

As far as games for the PS3 goes, I am more entertained by the games they have on the PSN (their online service). Most are under 15 bucks. They also have PS Classics such as Final Fantasy 9 and Harvest Moon - Back to Nature (the two games I've enjoyed the most).

- Grand Theft Auto (anything from the series, I believe the most recent was 4.)

-Saints Row games are like GTA, but just a different company. Played a demo of one once, never tried the actual full game, but it was pretty fun.

-Need For Speed. (I haven't tried it, but the Hot Pursuit is probably good, as Hot Pursuit 2 for the original Xbox was awesome.)

- Madden 11, NCAA 11 (or you could wait for the new ones), Tiger Woods 12, and NBA 2K11 work for sport games. NASCAR: The Game is decent itself, but it's really hit or miss.

-If you're looking for a shooter game, Call of Duty is the way to go. I don't like those types of games much, but it's the best out there from my understanding.

-Halo is a sci-fi type game, I tried it once and wasn't my cup of tea, but it was fun for what it was and is popular.

-And since you're on a wrestling forum, SVR 11.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Now why don't you tell me what games make the Xbox 360 or PS3 better.

Here are some 360 exclusives:

Gears of War: Awesome franchise.

Alan Wake: Besides Yakuza 3 and 4, it beats any PS3 exclusive that I've played.

Deadly Premonition: Pretty tight game. Not an outright exclusive though; if you know Japanese, you could import it for PS3.

Dead Rising: A classic.

Left For Dead 1 & 2: This game is absolute shit without multiplayer. I hate it but some people swear by it. You'll probably have a blast if you like playing online.

Here are some PS3 exclusives:

Heavy Rain: If you like interactive movies rather than actual video games, this one's for you.

Yakuza 3 and 4: You can't go wrong with these. They are all sorts of awesome.

God of War 3: Extremely overrated hack-and-slash borefest.

Little Big Planet: No interest whatsoever in playing this. Some people swear by it, though.

Uncharted: Like Little Big Planet, I've never played it. Supposed to be an awesome franchise but I can't tell you from firsthand experience.

That's my subjective opinion, of course. I know you're a Nintendo enthusiast Lee, but have you ever played Gears of War? I just checked my stats online, and I played Gears of War 2 multiplayer for exactly 30 days. Yep. 30 days.

What's your name on Live?? I've played about 30-40 days also, so I'm sure we've run into each other...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back