A little help here guys.

Super Crazy

CABS ARE HEEEERREEE!!
Okay, so I have my DVI/HDMI cable hooked up to my monitor. Now my problem is, I have no sound when I play my Xbox 360. Now I was suggested that I get new speakers that would be plugged into by my Xbox, except the issue here is that plug will not fit in with the HDMI/DVI cord plugged in. Does this mean I'm screwed in terms of sound for my Xbox 360? Are there any other solutions.

If you have suggestions, please post them, and if the suggestion involves merchandise, please post a link to the merchandise.

Ok check the cable and make sure that it is all plugged in correctly, if there is no sound there may be a fault with the cable itself, i also suggest checking other online solutions

Thanks guys. But either I'm missing something here or you guys are. There is no speaker system plugged into my xbox of any sort. The only speakers near my monitor are plugged into the computer tower. My computer monitor has the DVI port in it and the Xbox has the HDMI port. I'm pretty sure that my monitor has no speakers built in.

I think I need some further assistance maybe?

In case you are missing what I'm saying, the only plugs in my Xbox are the power cord, and the HDMI to DVI plug. There is no sort of A/V connection in it or on my HDMI/DVI cable.

Thanks guys. But either I'm missing something here or you guys are. There is no speaker system plugged into my xbox of any sort. The only speakers near my monitor are plugged into the computer tower. My computer monitor has the DVI port in it and the Xbox has the HDMI port. I'm pretty sure that my monitor has no speakers built in.

I think I need some further assistance maybe?

Ahh, I see what you are saying now. Does your monitor have an Audio port on it? Usually it will be green.

well usually if your connecting your hdmi to DVi their will be no audio because DVI is only visual, my suggestion is to invest in either a hdmi to hdmi connection or use the xbox hdmi to aux connector that should have come with your machine then you can either connect it to your tv or if you have a video card connect it to that using the yellow aux connector and connecting the white and red aux connector to an external source such as a stereo or aux connection at the back.

I hope this helps

ok so where is your xbox plugged into bro the PC or the monitor?

It is plugged into my monitor through an HDMi to DVI cable.

ok so where is your xbox plugged into bro the PC or the monitor?

It doesn't. It only has the DVI port, and the basic monitor port aside from the port for the power cord.

Also, does your Xbox360 not have a DVI output on it?

I don't think so. It has the port for the basic cable that comes with the system that has the red yellow and white A/V cables and the HDMI ones, the HDMi port itself for the HDMi cable, A sport for an ethernet cable, and a USB port.

My step brother suggests I buy another set of speakers to plug into the Xbox, only they need to have the A/V ports on them. However, I cannot plug the cord with the A/V lines into the Xbox due to the HDMi/DVI cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back