• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I am considering leaving.......

As an owner of both the PS3 and 360, I give 360 the nod, even with receiving the red ring of death.

For all intents and purposes, the PS3 is a better system on the hardware side. If you don't enjoy Blu-Ray, then I can see why you don't want it. The system is bigger, more powerful, and has potential to hold larger games with better graphics. A Blu-Ray game maxed out destroys anything that the 360 could ever hope to produce. Plus everything is wireless from the controllers which are rechargable ( you don't have to worry about batteries ever), to the wireless internet. All in all, the PS3 is fantastic.

The 360 on the other hand is a microsoft baby. You have to pay for everything. From online play to batteries for your damn controller, everything cost you something in the long run. The 360 itself is weaker based on the hardware.

All that beign said, I would chose a 360. Xbox Live is 1000 times better then the PSNetwork. The games library on the 360 is better then the PS3 (minus the ps1 and 2 library, which I don't factor in.) The exclusive games for the 360 are better then the exclusives for the PS3 to this point. Playstation losing the exclusive rights to games like GTA and Final Fantasy are going to kill that system, which is a shame. Metal Gear and God of War are strong franchises, but not enough to save Sony currently.

360? Yes.

I love mine and have never had a problem with it.

There's only a handful of games you can't play.

I'd recommend CoD World at War if you decide to pull the trigger.

Gears of War and Halo are basically the reasons why most people buy an Xbox 360. You won't find funner game than those.

Not everyone can afford a PS3, Sly. Over here in Australia, PS3's are worth $688 (Aus) sometimes without a game.
And when you purchase a 360 plus the subscription to Xbox live for a year, how much does that cost turn out to be?

The games library on the 360 is better then the PS3
I disagree. What makes it better? These days almost every game that comes out on one, comes out on the other.

The exclusive games for the 360 are better then the exclusives for the PS3 to this point.
Not really. I've yet to see an exclusive Xbox game that interested me, or was as good as, the exclusives on PS3.

Metal Gear and God of War are strong franchises, but not enough to save Sony currently.
And they still have Resistance and Killzone.

PIPPEN

Do NOT buy an NTSC 360...where you going to get games from? You need a PAL one sonny.

gotta agree with Rusty. Gears of War is about the funnest damn franchise I've played ever.

Gears of War and Halo are basically the reasons why most people buy an Xbox 360. You won't find funner game than those.
I've played both.

Gears sucks, and I've yet to see why people consider it a good game. It doesn't even come close to comparing to Killzone 2, or even Resistance. Halo WAS good, but now, what's the difference between that and the million of other games out there that do the exact same thing? Call of Duty is a more fun game, and has better online play.

It up to you guys to decide if I should buy and X-Box 360. I am mainly buying it for a few games like Halo, Fable, Gears of War etc etc. But there could be more games in the future which I could love. Should I get it or not?

BTW I already have a Wii and I don't want to get a PS3 because I don't think blu-ray is good. Oh and I will be playing online if I do get an X-Box.

Just because you dont like blu-ray don't let that discourage you from getting a ps3, you can just watch regular movies instead.

And all this i see that xbox live is more robust and more people to connect with than PSN how is that? Killzone 2 alone has 420,000 players online, and thats just a small estimate. I haven't checked in a while so its more for sure. And there is always people on that game, so much that there are at least 50 rooms, most all full

Just because you dont like blu-ray don't let that discourage you from getting a ps3, you can just watch regular movies instead.

And all this i see that xbox live is more robust and more people to connect with than PSN how is that? Killzone 2 alone has 420,000 players online, and thats just a small estimate. I haven't checked in a while so its more for sure. And there is always people on that game, so much that there are at least 50 rooms, most all full
People seem to think that what used to be true 2 years ago still holds true today.

That's because 2 years ago, the ps3 barely came out. The 360 had a 2 year headstart and it's still inferior

The only reason I own a 360 over a PS3 is because I got my 360 flash modded so i can play burned games.

After buying Dual Layer DVDRs games come out to like 3 bucks each. So unless you are going to get your 360 modded (Highly recommended) get a PS3 if only for the upside.

Side note.
Gears Doesn't suck. It's fun but Resistance is a better game. Just because one game is better doesn't mean the other one sucks.

Side note.
Gears Doesn't suck. It's fun but Resistance is a better game. Just because one game is better doesn't mean the other one sucks.
I'm not personally a big fan of Resistance. I can appreciate the work that went into making it, and the quality that is there, but I didn't really care much for it.

But, Gears does suck. I've played it a handful of times, and the more I played it, the more I hated it.

It's like an action-heavy Resident Evil 4. Hence why Resident Evil 5 has got such a mixed reception.

Edit: Also, Blu-Ray is an inevitability. Soon enough, you'll have to get one. I'm waiting until the standalones become considerably cheaper than a PS3. Then, and only then, will I get one. If I had the money, I'd also get this freak o' nature:

philips-21-9-lcd-tv.jpg

What are the "Exclusive" RPGs, and how do they compare to the awesomeness that is Fallout 3?

Blue Dragon
Fable II
Enchanted Arms
Eternal Sonata(a ps3 port came out)
Infinite Undiscovery
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Tales of Vesperia
The Last Remnant
Spectral Force 3
Overlord

That's a list of 360 exclusive RPG's. Maybe there's more that i forgot. How do they stack up against Fallout? I wouldn't know. A good number of these are JRPG's. Which are much different then such games as Fallout. Since Fallout is out on both consoles, if you're a RPG/JRPG fan, then the 360 is the way to go.

The only RPG's im interested in are the action RPG's such as Fallout 3, Oblivion, Mass Effect, etc. I can't stand turn-based RPGs

No offense, but I find your logic to be completely silly.

Why get an Xbox over the PS3? PS3 has FREE online play, so even if you don't use the Blu-Ray, by the time you pay for Xbox live, you'll be paying more money for the Xbox. Not only that, PS3 has the better processing capabilities, a full internet browser, built-in wi-fi for wireless internet, and, of course, the Blu-Ray, if at some point you do decide to go that way.

Halo isn't near as good as Call of Duty, and Gears just flat out sucks. Killzone 2 wipes its ass with Gears, and let's not even get into the Resistance franchise.

Seriously, do yourself a favor and get the PS3. Buying an Xbox would be like buying a cassette tape player. Just dumb.

So amazing that it has basically completely tapped itself out in terms of potential?

Gears suck. Xbox fanboys who think Gears is a good game gets no respect from me.

Yeah, you don't say? Failure on a 360? You must be joking.

Well, you know what Playstation does for theirs?

Me neither. My PS3 has never fucked up like the Xbox does.

Oh, you've had trouble with your Xbox failing too? Hmm, seems to be a pattern.

Seriously, why would you waste your money on a machine that will die on you?

Not if he wants to play online, it's not. The 360 becomes the more expensive console with online subscription.

With the PS3, the Blu-Ray player comes free. You don't have to use it, but you an.

What are the "Exclusive" RPGs, and how do they compare to the awesomeness that is Fallout 3?

Seriously, I have owned both machines at the same time, and have played both machines extensively, and the PS3 is the MUCH better buy over the Xbox360.

See I don't find it that silly, I don't care about paying $60 dollars for a year to pay online, plus my Wii is free online so if I did decide to play online with a PS3, I would probably just play the COD and Quantum of Solace online on the Wii.

And Halo and COD can be a draw but i think it would be way funner playing Halo online. Oh and Gears doesn't suck. I played it once and I am hooked already .

Not everyone can afford a PS3, Sly. Over here in Australia, PS3's are worth $688 (Aus) sometimes without a game.

$700 over here if you want a game with it.

As an owner of both the PS3 and 360, I give 360 the nod, even with receiving the red ring of death.

For all intents and purposes, the PS3 is a better system on the hardware side. If you don't enjoy Blu-Ray, then I can see why you don't want it. The system is bigger, more powerful, and has potential to hold larger games with better graphics. A Blu-Ray game maxed out destroys anything that the 360 could ever hope to produce. Plus everything is wireless from the controllers which are rechargable ( you don't have to worry about batteries ever), to the wireless internet. All in all, the PS3 is fantastic.

The 360 on the other hand is a microsoft baby. You have to pay for everything. From online play to batteries for your damn controller, everything cost you something in the long run. The 360 itself is weaker based on the hardware.

All that beign said, I would chose a 360. Xbox Live is 1000 times better then the PSNetwork. The games library on the 360 is better then the PS3 (minus the ps1 and 2 library, which I don't factor in.) The exclusive games for the 360 are better then the exclusives for the PS3 to this point. Playstation losing the exclusive rights to games like GTA and Final Fantasy are going to kill that system, which is a shame. Metal Gear and God of War are strong franchises, but not enough to save Sony currently.

Yeah most of the games will fall to X-Box anyways. Unlike Halo and Fable ect etc, they will hopefully saty on the X-Box.

Exactly, 50% the I am buying the X-Box

gotta agree with Rusty. Gears of War is about the funnest damn franchise I've played ever.

Played It once and I love it aswell.

So you see, I don't really care much for the system itself and if it willl breka down because I will just get another for free. I mostly care about the exclusive games for X-Box.

I still don't get why people buy PS3's because it has more features. I buy a video game console to you know, play video games. If I wanted to watch a DVD, I would use my DVD player, if I wanted to watch a Blu Ray, I would buy a Blu Ray player etc.

Games are important to me, and Xbox 360 has the better games.

Saying Gears and Halo sucks is ridiculous. Play Halo 3 online, then come back to me. And finish the Gears of War 2 storyline, and then get back to me and I can guarantee you will say they are fucking awesome games.

I still don't get why people buy PS3's because it has more features. I buy a video game console to you know, play video games. If I wanted to watch a DVD, I would use my DVD player, if I wanted to watch a Blu Ray, I would buy a Blu Ray player etc.
I buy a PS3 to play video games as well. And the PS3 is the better machine to play video games on, as it has more power, and the Blu-Ray technology. Any game that is on Xbox can be put on PS3. But, not every PS3 games can be put on Xbox, because the double layer DVD can't BEGIN to touch the storage capacity of the Blu-Ray disc.

But, even with the far superior processor and storage capacity, if you're going to buy a game system, why not buy the superior game system that DOES come with the extras?

It makes NO sense to me why you would buy an inferior gaming machine, when you can get a better one PLUS all the extra frills as well. When you add the money it costs to purchase the 360 with the online subscription, you're not really saving money, in the long run, you are LOSING money.

Games are important to me, and Xbox 360 has the better games.
No they don't. With the exception of a few on either platform, just about every game these days come out for both. The difference is that the Xbox360 will NEVER get better...the PS3 will.

At some point, developers are going to, more and more, build games strictly for the PS3, because they are going to want to create games with cutting edge technology, and the Blu-Ray disc is the only format that can handle the storage capacity needed. And, since Blu-Ray format is owned and created by Sony, Microsoft will most likely NEVER be able to get that technology.

So, more and more, games will become bigger and better...but they won't fit on the 360. You've already seen that Killzone 2. The developers have said that they very seriously doubt they could bring the game to the 360 because the size of the game is too large to put on the DVD disc.

More and more that will be the case. Why buy an inferior machine, with inferior frills, which costs more in the long run, and could be obsolete in the next couple years? That just seems silly to me.

Saying Gears and Halo sucks is ridiculous.
It's not if you've played them.

Play Halo 3 online, then come back to me.
I have. It pales in comparison to Call of Duty, and I have seen several people who have compared it to Killzone and said that Halo can't compete.

I buy a PS3 to play video games as well. And the PS3 is the better machine to play video games on, as it has more power, and the Blu-Ray technology. Any game that is on Xbox can be put on PS3. But, not every PS3 games can be put on Xbox, because the double layer DVD can't BEGIN to touch the storage capacity of the Blu-Ray disc.

Any game on Xbox COULD be put on the PS3, but does Sony have the rights? I think not.

But, even with the far superior processor and storage capacity, if you're going to buy a game system, why not buy the superior game system that DOES come with the extras?

Not everyone is rich like you that they can pay $700 straight up. That's the price it costs in Australia.

It makes NO sense to me why you would buy an inferior gaming machine, when you can get a better one PLUS all the extra frills as well. When you add the money it costs to purchase the 360 with the online subscription, you're not really saving money, in the long run, you are LOSING money.

But Xbox Live is way better. Much better servers and quicker gameplay. Plus, it wouldn't really matter if they spent more money in the long run, it's the short run that hits you the most.

No they don't. With the exception of a few on either platform, just about every game these days come out for both. The difference is that the Xbox360 will NEVER get better...the PS3 will.

As long as Xbox continues to release good exclusive games, I couldn't care less how much the PS3 improves.

At some point, developers are going to, more and more, build games strictly for the PS3, because they are going to want to create games with cutting edge technology, and the Blu-Ray disc is the only format that can handle the storage capacity needed. And, since Blu-Ray format is owned and created by Sony, Microsoft will most likely NEVER be able to get that technology.

If you're that picky with games, then I guess you expect too much from a game. When will this "PS3 development" take place? When the new Xbox is released?

So, more and more, games will become bigger and better...but they won't fit on the 360. You've already seen that Killzone 2. The developers have said that they very seriously doubt they could bring the game to the 360 because the size of the game is too large to put on the DVD disc.

But Killzone is an exclusive, so even if it wasn't as great as you said it was, it still wouldn't be on the 360 anyway.

More and more that will be the case. Why buy an inferior machine, with inferior frills, which costs more in the long run, and could be obsolete in the next couple years? That just seems silly to me.

Better exclusive games.
Better online play.
Cheaper console price.
Cheaper controllers.

If you just appreciate fun gameplay both offline and online, who cares about "better graphics" and "larger files" and "storage capacity". Apart from you of course.

It's not if you've played them.

I have. It pales in comparison to Call of Duty, and I have seen several people who have compared it to Killzone and said that Halo can't compete.

You probably played them for 5 minutes. Did you complete the games? Did you play them online too?

aG3Nt's 2 cents:- PS3 all the way (sorry Rusty and co.) I actually bought a PS3 when it originally came out. I have the original 60gb PS3 with the means to play old PS2 games etc. Cost under £350 with 3 games thanks to my staff discount, and i've no regrets. I'm not hooked up to the Playstation Network or anything but i'm not that fussed tbh.

Now i've played Halo 3 and Gears of War (not 2 but still....), and both of them online and i don't really see why those 2 games are the ones that have come up the most frequently as reasons to buy the console. I'm not a huge fan of 1st person shooters anyway so i guess that's why, but from what i've heard Killzone 2 owns all.

Also those RPGs that were mentioned earlier, a number of them are now on the PS3 as well ie Overlord. Was 360 only, is now on PS3 as well.

Also Pippen, you might not mind paying £60 to play online, but when you're playing £60 a year, every year, you might care then.

The argument of 'there's so many more people playing the 360 online' doesn't make the 360 the better console. It just means that everyone bought the first next gen console on the market without waiting to see what else would come along.

That's my personal opinion, but here's some unbiased facts

-The PS3 constantly receives software updates either through the internet, transfered from USB stick or even from a new game that has the additional software.
-If your PS3 is connected to the internet and you own a PSP, you'd be able to access any media on your PS3 anywhere in the world!!!!!
-With wireless internet connectivity, blu - ray and upscaling capabilities, plus memory card readers and bluetooth, the PS3 is waffley versatile (i don't know if they make potato waffles abroad or not)
-2 things that suck however, and seems to be the only 2 problems i can see between the 2, is that you STILL can't plug an MP3 player into your PS3 and listen to your tunes while playing games, which the 360 has ALWAYS been able to do. Playing Dead Rising while having Slayer playing over it as opposed to the games soundtrack was so much more satisfying. Secondly, they keep bringing out downloadable content for the 360 only. I'm pretty annoyed that the GTA4 expansion is only available for the Xbox, and that's putting it lightly.

So, it's up to you Pippen, but as a proud owner of a PS3, i've got to side with Sly whole heartedly, and yes i've played the games that you're all tooting about, and they didn't hook me in the slightest.

Happy gaming dude, whatever you choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back