• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Storyline Suggestion- A New NWO in ECW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendKiller716

I Had Sex With The
Before anyone asks yes i know this is the WWE section.

When I say a new NWO im not saying bring back the NWO name just to spite TNA, what im saying is using the storyline from WCW. WWE has been talking about getting rid of ECW for a differently named program. so why not make a storyline out of it. Have Vince be heavily advertised as coming to ECW with a huge announcement, and when he gets there have him announce he is closing ECW.

When i first thought of this idea dreamer was still part of the roster and i was thinking he could lead the charge of guerilla attacks on raw smackdown and the new show and they could be trying to take down WWE like NWO tried to take down WCW.

I guess without dreamer, christian could lead the team, but if done right it could be a good story involving many people and could help young guys step up to defend there brand. Also, and i know this is just wishful thinking, but seeing ECW coming off as strong, maybe it will reignite RVD's passion for the business and he could make a return.

So what are your thoughts. good idea, bad idea, or am i just a jackass?

ECW is a bigger joke than if the NWO was reformed with the same characters and same storyline..with that said...I think your storyline is a great idea.

ECW should start waging war on Raw/Smackdown. Would be a great way to shoot on ECW being a different company back in the day and now revolting on WWE. would love it!

great idea

Alright, nice idea, but let me tamper it a little. Vince has announcement, and then he announces that rob is back. RVD and Christian take charge, and declare war with RAW. And say that if ECW looses this war, (24 man tag match) they close ECW. Have christian and RVD betray ECW, and have them make ECW close. With that, they throw the ECW title in the trash and burn it. OR if RDV doesnt return, just have christian lead the war.

Without the show actually being eliminated, this idea you have is somewhat reminiscent for the storyline in Raw vs Smackdown 2010, the brand wars section. In here, the ecw brand is tired of being overlooked, which it is now, and so they wage war on Raw and Smackdown. It was led by a veternal leader (Big Show) and I think the main allies were Miz and Morrison.

This was just a small sanple of what a good storyline this would be. It only involved a couple of people, what if it did involve the whole brand in general. Also, how more important would it be if ecw did not have a brand to call their own. It could be written in the story that all those superstars that were on ecw are now fired!

I think to add more excitement to this, a few more either veteran or up and coming stars need to be added to ecw at the draft. Then of course a month or so afterwards the show is cancelled or whatever. The only problem with this could be that Raw and SD! will be missing some of their top mid card talent for a little while, but I think its a risk to have in what could be an excellent story. Im thinking someone like Kofi or Morrison could be the one to lead the charge alongside Christian. I say this because with a story like this, someone needs to get a real good rub from it. Christian is already an established star, though never quite a main eventer, and seems a bit too old now to be receiving this incredible rub. Most of the other talent on ecw are either too veteran or too inexperienced (ie. Vance Archer or Yoshi Tatsu). In this way, if a few up and coming stars join ecw, then it adds more credibility to their invasion.

I don't know if edge head would feel good or not......anyways

idea is solid. We could have a build up coming about 4-8 weeks before extreme rules. Have Vince invite ECW to Raw and come out to the ring where he announces that ECW is finished and then he can say his little "your fired" bs. Vince could say he is bringing WWE Breakout or FCW or whatever to tuesdays. Over the next few weeks we get the back stage attacks, lights out attacks, etc. preferably on some big names.

For one of the raw episodes, have the champ get attacked and the belt stolen
Then Vince comes out, on that same Raw, freaking out, demanding to know what is going on.
Out Comes ECW. Leader should be Christian, best on the mic. Christian is holding the title, but the belt face is broken and is being held together by a piece of athletic tape with ECW written on it.

As long as there is a very direct distinction that Team ECW is face or heel then this could be a huge platform for pushes. Imagine these ECW guys being invaders on all shows, making new stars, and if there is a resolution and ECW is reconciled as the tuesday show I'm sure more people will tune in. Listening Vince? More Ratings...More Money...and fresher storylines.....?
They could bring guys over to the ECW team, it would be fun

Also, Imagine the kind of star Christian would be, instant main event status. They could even end it with a heel turn, Christian going to McMahon's side, instant super-heel

Sadly, WWE is not the company where anything can happen....so I don't see us getting too much action in this area, or really any other area. Hopefully TNA can find a way to take off, maybe that would force WWE to surprise us a little

Ok ECW closing...a great way for it to go out is to do it like it started this time, have RVD Dreamer, Sabu, Sandman, Terry Funk, Balls Mahonay all come back and they invade and just start beating guys left and right, and they need to keep saying a higher power or something like that is telling us we need to do this and after a few weeks have it be Heyman and he says he wants his show back and off TV forever, the young guys get to earn and make there spot better, that way it has its credibility for new stars and from old and the guys who started it ends it. and then that will get fans watching waiting each week to see whats next and after say 2 or 3 months or maybe around Extreme Rules PPV have it all come to an end with a Hardcore War Games match

Ok ECW closing...a great way for it to go out is to do it like it started this time, have RVD Dreamer, Sabu, Sandman, Terry Funk, Balls Mahonay all come back and they invade and just start beating guys left and right, and they need to keep saying a higher power or something like that is telling us we need to do this and after a few weeks have it be Heyman and he says he wants his show back and off TV forever, the young guys get to earn and make there spot better, that way it has its credibility for new stars and from old and the guys who started it ends it. and then that will get fans watching waiting each week to see whats next and after say 2 or 3 months or maybe around Extreme Rules PPV have it all come to an end with a Hardcore War Games match

I completely disagree. When you think of historical moments, a lot of them aren't those type of matches where you get a shot, and fail miserabely. Let it make history with a screwjob. The montreal screwjob made itself famous. Why not have christian screw ECW, and burn the title? I say if ECW is gonna come to an end, just let it be a screwjob betrayl.

I think this would be a bad idea because the nWo was such a huge storyline that even if that storyline were to be recycled with a different name, it should be done on Raw or Smackdown instead since it's far too big for ECW. It'd be a great way to push some people, but I just feel that it's too big for ECW when it has the potential to well as an angle on Raw/Smackdown.

It would be bad as a final angle in ECW if it closes too because I would prefer it closing with Christian retaining the belt one last time, then at the draft everyone on ECW is sent to Raw or Smackdown, then the ECW title is retired and Christian can use the "I never lost my title" excuse as momentum to enter the main event. The others can make names for themselves in the midcard.

Interesting idea, just not on ECW. I'd really enjoy seeing it done on either Raw or Smackdown though because it's such a classic storyline and most of its ripoffs have at the very least been decent.

I think this would be a bad idea because the nWo was such a huge storyline that even if that storyline were to be recycled with a different name, it should be done on Raw or Smackdown instead since it's far too big for ECW. It'd be a great way to push some people, but I just feel that it's too big for ECW when it has the potential to well as an angle on Raw/Smackdown.

It would be bad as a final angle in ECW if it closes too because I would prefer it closing with Christian retaining the belt one last time, then at the draft everyone on ECW is sent to Raw or Smackdown, then the ECW title is retired and Christian can use the "I never lost my title" excuse as momentum to enter the main event. The others can make names for themselves in the midcard.

Interesting idea, just not on ECW. I'd really enjoy seeing it done on either Raw or Smackdown though because it's such a classic storyline and most of its ripoffs have at the very least been decent.

Your right, this would be a bit much for ECW to handel. But that's why they can do this. Have christian start talking trash. He may be able to use "i never lost the title". But if he betarys this, he can have the excuse of being powerful enough to take ECW down on his own. Christian could, but most likely NOT make it into the title oicture again any time soon. Unless he uses the excuse of taking down ECW to challange somebody. It will be known as a HUGE upset. Like, montreal screwjob was. Make it something to remember. Not just this stupid end like "oh yeah, ECW is closing and the superstars will be drafted. Have it as a big final end.

Your right, this would be a bit much for ECW to handel. But that's why they can do this. Have christian start talking trash. He may be able to use "i never lost the title". But if he betarys this, he can have the excuse of being powerful enough to take ECW down on his own. Christian could, but most likely NOT make it into the title oicture again any time soon. Unless he uses the excuse of taking down ECW to challange somebody. It will be known as a HUGE upset. Like, montreal screwjob was. Make it something to remember. Not just this stupid end like "oh yeah, ECW is closing and the superstars will be drafted. Have it as a big final end.

I still disagree a bit, although you made a good point. Here's what I would do if ECW's final storyline is meant to push Christian to a world title. Have Vince come out and announce that the brand is ending, everyone will be assigned to Raw/Smackdown, etc. He'd then also announce that he's taking away Christian's championship. Christian can come out and cut a face promo, leading Vince to make a match where the ENTIRE roster of ECW is in a battle royal where the winner gets a shot at the world title on the brand they are going to move to. Christian wins that, and he gets his title shot despite losing the ECW Championship after the brand ends. I think something like that would make more sense because you wouldn't have to turn Christian heel to do it (he's doing fantastic as a top face) and it also wouldn't be "too big for ECW".

I have to agree with Dagger Dias, it would be a horrible idea to have it on ECW, this type of storyline should be done on raw or SD. But if ECW does close i could see it. it would be a cheap version but it might work if they do Close ECW, it could help get Christian onto either raw or smackdown. IMO

I still disagree a bit, although you made a good point. Here's what I would do if ECW's final storyline is meant to push Christian to a world title. Have Vince come out and announce that the brand is ending, everyone will be assigned to Raw/Smackdown, etc. He'd then also announce that he's taking away Christian's championship. Christian can come out and cut a face promo, leading Vince to make a match where the ENTIRE roster of ECW is in a battle royal where the winner gets a shot at the world title on the brand they are going to move to. Christian wins that, and he gets his title shot despite losing the ECW Championship after the brand ends. I think something like that would make more sense because you wouldn't have to turn Christian heel to do it (he's doing fantastic as a top face) and it also wouldn't be "too big for ECW".

Good point, but still that would be more of another way to give him face. The drafts should switch him around to a heel. He can be a HUGE heel if he said that he himself ended ECW and that since he never lost (unless the battle royal ended with him losing), and that he deserved a title shot. Have sheamus come out and dominate him. Eventualy he may lead himself to a IC title. But I mean he should have a part in the end of ECW. He can make himself the ultimate heel, and do some type of immitation of edge which leads to edge's return and they feud for a title shot or something creative like that. But everybody wins. Edge returns, christian goes heel and chases a title, ECW is closed, and for wwe, ecw is gone and can have a huge screwjob storyline like montreal.

I like this idea. A lot. Because i like ECW and i dont like seeing them being over looked by everyone. But when you said RVD could come back, i dont see that really happening. Unless the wwe goes to Detroit while this is happening and RVD comes back to help ECW prove their point. Otherwise, he wont be there. But id really like to see this and if ECW is at an end, they should go out with a bang.

Good point, but still that would be more of another way to give him face. The drafts should switch him around to a heel. He can be a HUGE heel if he said that he himself ended ECW and that since he never lost (unless the battle royal ended with him losing), and that he deserved a title shot. Have sheamus come out and dominate him. Eventualy he may lead himself to a IC title. But I mean he should have a part in the end of ECW. He can make himself the ultimate heel, and do some type of immitation of edge which leads to edge's return and they feud for a title shot or something creative like that. But everybody wins. Edge returns, christian goes heel and chases a title, ECW is closed, and for wwe, ecw is gone and can have a huge screwjob storyline like montreal.

I'm not entirely sure turning him heel would be a good idea right now. Christian is doing a great job as a top face and to turn him right now would be taking a huge risk. Not as big as turning Cena, but a big risk nonetheless. You'd have to look quite far to find a potential top face as good as Christian. I do agree however, that having Christian playing a part in the end to ECW would help his momentum towards a world title on a bigger brand. Say they DO decide to run a storyline of a new nWo type faction on ECW, led by Christian, and they (kayfabe) destroy ECW as a brand. If he moves this faction with him to Raw/Smackdown and they help him out like Hawkins/Ryder did for Edge or Legacy did for Orton.... then I would support both this storyline AND a Christian heel turn. If it happened by the time Edge returns and Edge becomes a face after all this is said and done, then an epic feud could begin with Edge as the soon-to-be top face and Christian has his new nWo type stable to assist him. Now if something like THAT is what you're looking for, I agree 100%.

I don't think its a very good idea. If random ECW guys started attacking Raw and Smackdown wrestlers, they'd just end up getting destroyed in kayfab, wouldn't they? If Yoshi Tatsu attacks Jesse, then Batista could just go to ECW and destroy it. ECW doesn't have the roster to be viewed as a threat for the other two brands, and the whle thing would be destined to fail. As for bringing back the Originals, most of them were released for being too shit, so making guys like Sabu the focus of important feuds isn't going to happen. It's not a bad idea in principle, but having the low level guys on ECW feuding with the main roster guys just won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back