Stone Cold Steve Austin at Wrestlemania 30?

hatehabsforever

Staff member
So I read this article on the main page this morning:

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/460...m_campaign=Feed:+Wrestlezonecom+(WRESTLEZONE)

Now the source of this article is The Wrestling Observer, and it's being reported by Nick Paglino, so perhaps the article needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but it is a potentially interesting development.

How could you guys see Stone Cold being used, if there were to be any validity to this? Do you see him participating in a match, and if so, against whom? Do you think he is physically able to do so, or are reports of his physical condition greatly exaggerated?

Could he be used in a non-wrestling capacity, and if so, how? Referee? In someone's corner? Or does he just come out, open a can of whoop ass, and leave?

Or is this simply a merchandising ploy? The article makes reference to having a merchandise push involving the "Big 4", namely Hogan, Warrior, Undertaker, and SCSA (obviously they meant Big 5 and accidentally forgot Batista ;) ) I think this is a logical thought process, but it is somewhat odd to talk about the Big 4. Some current superstars, or former guys such as HBK, Bret Hart, or the Rock, might feel slighted by not being included in the "Big X" number of wrestlers.

Anyway, what are your thoughts regarding this possibility?

I think it's a bit too late to introduce him into any storylines. He's also done the special referee spot to death.

I said it months ago, Hogan should get into a confrontation, get beaten down and Austin should save him. It'd create a WrestleMania moment with them both raising eachothers arms in the air and if Austin is unadvertised there's absolutely no chance Hogan would overshadow him. Which would surely be a concern for Austin. Arrive, raise hell, leave. Simple.

Y2 Jake is right he's done the special guest referee angles too many times now, he's even stated in some interviews that he's banged up so it wouldn't be very wise for him to get back in the ring even though it would be a great mania moment.

What is there for Austin to do?

Hogan can't take any bumps from a report I read.

I think Austin can really just come out and cut a promo on it being WM30, the biggest Professional Wrestling Event in the history of Sports Entertainment, step up on the ropes, give the middle finger, catch some Bud Lights, and leave. Just the pop from the glass shattering would deafen everyone there.

Hogan doesn't need to take bumps from what I suggested. 3MB, for example, can just come in and club him for a few seconds. He's Hulk Hogan, he's still superhuman. Austin would just arrive because of the face moral code. It's 3 on 1, innit. Can't let that happen.

I think it's a bit too late to introduce him into any storylines. He's also done the special referee spot to death.

I said it months ago, Hogan should get into a confrontation, get beaten down and Austin should save him. It'd create a WrestleMania moment with them both raising eachothers arms in the air and if Austin is unadvertised there's absolutely no chance Hogan would overshadow him. Which would surely be a concern for Austin. Arrive, raise hell, leave. Simple.

I love this idea, the only potential problem I see with it is that Hogan would have to agree to being "rescued" by Stone Cold, and I'm not sure how agreeable he would be to that with his ego being what it is.

It is a little late to introduce him into storylines. I also don't see him actively participating in a match, although I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that physically he could compete in one more match if the situation were right and he was interested in doing so. I believe his physical restrictions would not allow a full time return to the rigors of the business, but he could easily have a match with the right opponent,with restricted bumps, if the scenario was right.

I agree that the guest referee schtick is played out for him and I'm not interested in that. Personally I would like to see someone in the ring running their mouth, the glass shatters, Stone Cold comes to the ring, stuns him, drinks some beer, and leaves.

Assuming, of course, the whole CM Punk "work" is not about to culminate in a match with Stone Cold Steve Austin at Wrestlemania 30 :)

I see it the same way as the possibility of CM Punk showing up at WM30. With both, what would be the good of having them show up by surprise? The announced appearance of either one would surely guarantee tons of PPV buys, so the company would want to publicize the hell out of it. Having them make an unannounced appearance would be a huge treat for the fans in attendance (& the millions more watching at home!) but would do nothing for the gate.

If there are any true believers out there who buy the PPV on the unsubstantiated hope that either Stone Cold or Punk will show up.....great, but it's their loss if it doesn't happen.

No, if Stone Cold ever decides to wrestle another match.....or do something significant at a WWE event besides suck down a few beers..... there will be publicity up the ol' wazoo. Same with Punk. They aren't slipping these guys into the biggest WWE event of the year.

If we think of all the big names in wrestling/WWE/Wrestlemania history: Hogan is the guest host; Warrior going into the HoF. Andre has his own battle royal. Cena, HHH and Taker are wrestling. There are a few names missing and I'm guessing they will address that. Rocky is unlikely but the others (HBK, Flair, Hart) should be around even if it just for the pre-show panel.

Austin, however, is bigger than all those names (aside from Hogan). He was a guy that headlined the greatest Wrestlemania of all time plus the matches with HBK and Hart. He is a huge name in pro wrestling and has to feature.

He won't be wrestling but I'm positive Austin can give a few stunners and drink a few beers. He was involved in the network launch and is still talking about the product every week. He is hardly withdrawn from it. I think it's as simple as giving the stunner to each of 3MB + Barrett. Maybe two others are involved to help him clear the ring. This is shaping up to be a very strong Mania and a little nostalgia from Austin certainly wouldn't hurt.

If he can tease a match with Cena for WM31 then that would be fantastic as well.

Austin should be involved at mania. He is the biggest star ever and it's the biggest event ever. It makes sense and would be awesome to see him give out a few stunners and drink a few steveweisers. I don't think Austin will get back in the ring for a match ever again and especially not on this short notice.

I've been thinking about this for a while now. Stone Cold Steve Austin is hands down the most biggest star the company has ever had. Bigger than Hogan, bigger than Rock, bigger than every other top star over the last three decades. Not having Austin at WrestleMania XXX would be a pretty huge letdown.

Just as a few others have suggested in this thread, I think Austin "saving" Hogan from 3MB and/or Wade Barrett would make for a WrestleMania moment and a humungous pop from the live crowd. Something along theses lines would be great. Sure, it might not generate more pay-per-view buys, but we still need major surprises from time to time. There's no better time for a giant surprise than the #1 show of the year.

And really, if you think about it, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan could literally just stand in the ring beside each other, doing absolutely nothing, and New Orleans would pop like never before.

Wrestlemania opens with a table set up in the ring. Vince McMahon makes his return to TV and addresses why there is a table in the ring. He says this Wrestlemania will open up with a live contract negotiation. Vince calls out CM Punk, who returns and walks out. Vince is very confident and Punk seems uninterested. Vince says not only will Punk return, but he will get him to sign an extension right then and there.

Punk laughs and says he doesn't need Vince's money, but he's listening. 'Well, as long as you're listening' Vince puts his hand up to his ear and... Glass Shatters, Stone Cold comes out and Vince offers him the main event of Wrestlemania 31. Punk signs and stares down Austin, who then gives him a Stunner.

Later in the night Punk comes out and either costs Bryan the title (if they go with Batista) or attacks Bryan while he is celebrating with the belt. Punk goes heel for the year and faces Austin in the next year's main event.

/Dream

As said before, it's too late to put him in anything, he's definitely not wrestling and if they were going to have him special ref a match I think they would've announced that a while ago. I do expect him to make a short surprise appearance, hell make him start WM just so the crowd can be red hot right out of the starting gate. Then have some heel like Sandow, ADR or Barrett interrupt him, which would obviously lead to Austin giving the poor fool a Stunner before drinking a few beers and calling it a night.

Not the most exciting way to use SCSA sure but it's kinda what I expect if he even shows up at all.

That sounds a pretty cool Wrestlemania moment to me. It's a moment we have never seen (and probably didn't think we would ever see), with 2 of the biggest stars of all time sharing a beer in the ring. The roof would blow off the arena at the sound of the glass shattering and the Texas Rattlesnake making an unnannounced appearance.

I'd be happy to see Austin referee a match, or even just come out and cut a promo, I just hope he is at Wrestlemania in some capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back