Stinger's Sigs

w2oeoz.png

I was trying some things out on this one. I've come to learn that making sigs out of the "Photomontages" on PSD allow me to have more creativity. Anyway, I started with a black background, and in a new layer, played around with a brush. I lowered the opacity on that layer to about 63%. Then I got the render of Cena and put that in its own layer. I then made a new layer and put that below Cena. In that layer, using full opacity, I put some more yellow brush texture behind him. I added some new text that I downloaded, burnt some parts, and added a border.

2znpfyo.jpg

I started with a black background. In a new layer, I used a pre-set background which looked sort of like rain drops. I lowered the opacity on that layer. Then, in a new layer, I put the render of Christian on. I then got a render of his logo and put that on the layer of rain drops. I then added text and a border and I was finished. Very simple, but I like it.

Hey dude could I use that Christian graphic as my sig? It is incredible to say the least! I really like how the light blue background just goes with the gold from both the World Title and the top text. And it is a dream of mine for Christian to finally win the big one in the WWE.

New Tutorial= New Sig
2dl8yah.png

I dont even want to go into detail about how I made this sig, so I'll just give you a quick run-down. This was a mixture of many different gradients, brushes, pictures from google, and the render of Megaman. I followed the tutorial instructions, and then I burnt the sig so it looked better. I added text and I was done. This took me the better part of half an hour to do, so by God, you better like it.

Here is something I made the other day. It's a failed attempt at following a tutorial.
oogw4.png

What I did here was I started with a black background. In a new layer, I put in the render of Super 17. Then in a layer under that, I painted around in black and white and set it to overlay. Then in a new layer I did the same with the color blue. In a new layer after that, using the sparks brush, I brushed around and used a gradient map to alter the color. Added text, and border and I was done.

I put this one together quickly for a friend of mine who is obsessed with Isaiah Mustafa, the gy from the Old Spice commercials.

2j2jgqc.png

I started by getting a picture of a beach, that was my background. In a new layer above that, I used the Sparks brush and brushed all over the sig. Set that to Overlay, and lowered the opacity. Then, I cut out the picture of Mustafa and pasted that in a new layer on the sig. Then, in another new layer below that, I put two Old Spice renders that I cut out behind him. I then added text, and a border. It took me longer to cut Mustafa then it did to make the sig. But my friend loved it, and to me, thats all that really matters.

I made this last week before I knew how to make scan lines. Later, I will be posting an almost finished one Im making using scanlines.

2mnnq0j.png

I started by getting two pictures of Orton rKo-ing people. That was my background layer. In a new layer, I put a red gradient. Then, I put a giant render of a grid on top of that. I found the render of Orton and put that on the sig. I added a border and I was finished.

This is the one I was talking about
t6x9jn.png

I wanted to go with a crossed theme here. So I went Undertaker vs. Kane. I started by finding pictures of each man performing a tombstone. They were both in separate layers. I burnt them. In a new layer, I painted blue and red respectively for both men using the explosion brush. I lowered the opacity on each to about 64%. In a new layer, I used the paint bucket tool to make the canvas black. Then, I used the scan line option to give it scanlines. I kept the opacity at 100%. Then, I put in the renders of both men in a new layer. I added a border and I was finished. No text, oh well.

I've been wondering since I started making sigs last week and that was it. How do you make scan lines exactly?

The only complaint I have about your last sig is that I can't see Taker doing anything in the sig wher I can see Kane doing the chokeslam. However, I love the sig no matter what.

I've been wondering since I started making sigs last week and that was it. How do you make scan lines exactly?

It's actually quite simple. In a new layer, you want to use the paint bucket tool, and make the foreground color the color you want your scan lines to be. You cover the canvas with your foreground color. Then, you go to Filters < Distorts < Erase Every Other Row and just click ok. Wait a few seconds, and the scan lines should be there.

Thanks for the feedback too. The problem with the Taker thing was, that was the best picture I could find of him dong a chokeslam in the position I wanted it to be in. The render just ends up blocking it.

One thing you coulda done was flip the image of the undertaker that way the chokeslame would be on the oppisite side.

Thanks I wish I knew that when I made my Kazarian "The Future" theme sig from his old gimmick.

23l0a6p.png

I got the render of all 3 hedgehogs off of Planet Renders. The 3 hedgehogs are Sonic, Shadow, and Silver. I started with a black background, and in a new layer, I pasted the render. Then, I got a c4d called "Chaon" and put that behind the render. I burnt it 3 times. Behind the c4d, I used a white insane fractal brush and brushed around. I burnt that twice. Then I added the text, and burnt that. Added a border and I was done. I love the way this turned out, and it will be my new sig. Oh, and Doc, the border is 1 px white border. Its there, you just cant see it.

Heres another one.
2prem2a.png

I found this render too good to not be put to use. I started with a black background. In a new layer, I put the render of Robotnik. Then behind that, I put a different c4d that I thought had colors that went well with Robotnik. I put that behind him and burnt it twice. Then, using more fractal brushes, I brushed around behind that.Then I put scan lines in the background and lowered the opacity. I added text, and a border, and I was finished.

Here is another version that I made of it.
2r3vw8w.png

This time, I put scanlines over the whole sig. Why? Because in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, whenever Eggman would appear behind his monitor, there would always be scanlines. So I went in that direction.

Here's a new one.
2ykc0fr.png

I had to cut the picture of Conan. I put that in a layer above my black background layer. In a layer under that, I put two c4d's, they acted as my background. Then, in a layer below them, using a spotlight brush, I brushed on both sides of Conan. I then added scanlines, and text. I added a border and I was done.

xlhyxl.png

I started with a black background. In a new layer, I put a c4d. In a layer above that, I started brushing around with various fractal brushes. Then, in a new layer, I put the render of Goku. I put red scanlines in the background to give it a red tint. Then I added text and a border, and I was finished.

2efniaq.png

I started with a black background, and brushed with white around on it. Then, I made a new layer filled in with black, and lowered the opacity to 10%. I brushed around some more on that, with the brush set to "color." Then, I repeated the black layer, and brushed around on dodge. I then put in the render of Cell and blended it with the rest of the sig. I added text, and changed the color of the whole sig. I added a border and I was done. Im not a fan of the text in this, but I think I did pretty good.

Reactions: .
5x8i2f.png

I consider this the best sig I have made to date. I started by brushing with some black brushes with opacity set to 60. Then, I did the same with white brushes. I colorized the background to give it that green color. Then, I put in the render of Cell, and moved it around on the sig to see where it would fit best. Then, using Cheap Fire text, I put that on. I added a border to that text, and also colorized it. Under that, using Angry Blue text, I put my sub-text and added a 2.7 px border to that. I made the color on that white. I added a border and I was done. This sig will be used by me to try to help get me some more requests in my request thread.

2q0ssk4.png

Again, this render was too good to not use. So I followed the same routine that I did with my current sig. Brushing, merging, and colorizing for the most part. Then, I put in the render of "Big Matty V" and anchored it. I added the text, which sucks because I wasnt following the tutorial for this one tonight. I added a border, and I was done.

1zqv5dt.png

I had been studying the upcoming DBZ Raging Blast 2 game, and I found that this guy was going to be in it. His name is Hatchiyack. Now, there are two things wrong with this, and thats because GIMP hates me. Anyway, I cut out the picture of Hatchiyack and followed the same tutorial as I have for my last 2 sigs. Both problems are in the main part of the text. It's cut-off, and it should be red, not blue. But as I said before, GIMP hates me.

Honestly, Stinger, and don't take this the wrong way...but I think you've really gone backwards lately. Look at your Cena/Nexus sig. That is your best one, easily. Your newer ones have weird placements and really bad text that messes up the sigs. The blending and colors are good (except for the text), but those one elements just totally throw the whole thing out of whack.

Try using strokes that actually blend into the sig. Make a red sig? Use a red stroke. And DON'T use light blue text with a red sig. It just looks ugly. Do some research on complimentary colors. Try and capture what you had back when you made the Christian/WHC and Cena/Nexus sigs. You were great back then.

Honestly, Stinger, and don't take this the wrong way...but I think you've really gone backwards lately. Look at your Cena/Nexus sig. That is your best one, easily. Your newer ones have weird placements and really bad text that messes up the sigs. The blending and colors are good (except for the text), but those one elements just totally throw the whole thing out of whack.

Try using strokes that actually blend into the sig. Make a red sig? Use a red stroke. And DON'T use light blue text with a red sig. It just looks ugly. Do some research on complimentary colors. Try and capture what you had back when you made the Christian/WHC and Cena/Nexus sigs. You were great back then.

No offense taken, Doc. As I said, GIMP screwed up on me, and made the text blue and wouldnt let me go back and change it. But honestly, I really dont think the CeNexus one was the best. The Christian WHC one I can see, but I'm happy with what I'm producing, and thats all that really matters to me. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep it in mind.

Now that I think about it, I think the reason I've been going backwards is the fact that I've run out of ideas. Most of the GIMP Tutorials that I see are way to hard for me to figure out, and I'm too much of a novice to figure anything out by myself...

2na4tqc.png

I hope you find this one to be a step in the right direction, Doc. I like it. I started bu pasting the Broly render many times, and then picking and blurring that layer until it was barely recognizable. In a new layer, I created a "ballpark." Motion blurred it, and set it to overlay. Then I brushed around with grunge brushes, colorized them, and set them to overlay too. Then in between those two layers, I put the Broly render. I added text, and the color got there purely by accident. I accidentally brushed with the Broly render inside of the text. I like the grunge brushes on Overlay because it makes it seem that Broly is powering up into a Super Saiyan.

kdqphw.png

This is still something that I'm learning to do. What I did was I started with a regular sized canvas, and I brushed around, and colorized it yellow. Then I resized the image canvas so that it was 495X295. Then, I pasted the render of Broly. I then erased all of the spots I didnt want so it looked like Broly and the canvas were separated. Then I added a drop shadow to Broly. Again, this is something that I'm looking to get better at so consider this one a prototype.

Here are two more

6rsw3l.png

I was following a tutorial on this one, and I really dont know how I feel about it. I started with the render of Cooler in front of a purple-to-white gradient. I duplicated the render three times, and smudged, picked, and blurred them. Smudging is something I need to work on. I desaturated and put on a gradient map, and added text and a border.

aujr08.png

This was also using a tutorial. It's pretty much a mixture of blurs and picks, along with blending the render into the background. Again, I really dont feel to great about this one either as its not really a good sig. But, I will push on and try to produce quality sigs again.

34pmk5c.png

I was remembering what Doc had said before, and I decided to go with a simple sig. I started with the render of DBD in a layer on its own. Then, behind that, I pasted him many times so it took up the space of the sig. Using GIMPressionist, I fuzzed the background. I got a C4D and put it behind DBD and set it to dodge. I added the text, and I wanted to sort of copy what Doc does with his, I'm not so sure I like how it came out. I added a border and I was done. Yes, I realize that I messed up at the top, but I dont think it's too big of a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back