Sting Wants to Wrestle Hulk Hogan in His Final Match

Are you guys kidding me? Hogan is practically immobile. He can never do a legdrop again. Ever.

Sting's last match should be against Flair for old times sake. Remember the 45 minute draw? The title victory that came later? The last match of the last ever Nitro between them? It has to be Flair.

Flair can still put on a show. He should just wrestle with a t-shirt on this time like he did on the final Nitro. His bouncy saggy mulligans make me throw up in my own mouth each time I see them.

^ Exactly. Sting vs. Flair is the way to go for Sting's last match. It should also be Flair's last match cause he really needs to give it up aswell. But TNA should book Sting vs. Flair at BFG this year. With Sting winning of course since its his last match.

^ Exactly. Sting vs. Flair is the way to go for Sting's last match. It should also be Flair's last match cause he really needs to give it up aswell. But TNA should book Sting vs. Flair at BFG this year. With Sting winning of course since its his last match.

Honestly, are people too lazy to read all the posts? Sting is headlining the tour in England in 2012, hence BFG CANNOT be his final match.

TNA-Maximum-Impact-Tour-2012-IV.png

And once again on Naitch; Sting versus Flair closed WCW, nothing can one up this (not even Sting's final match).

^ Sorry too many pages to read. Sting's last match whether its BFG or any other PPV should be against the Nature Boy Ric Flair.

If I were TNA I would ask Sting to make Sting/Hogan and Sting's last match two separate events in order to maximize revenue.

However, it is his choice and I have been told by many TNA marks that I have no common sense and I am a mark. A mark for what I don't know but that is because I lack common sense.

I also feel as though picking Hogan is a slap in the face to Flair since Flair and Sting have way longer history and a better history of matches. Plus Flair can still put on a better match than Hogan.

Triple threat?

No disrepsect OP, just my opinion, I think Sting could do better than Hogan. He should pick Kurt Angle. Maybe Sting knows more than the rest of us, but Hogan can hardly even walk... Just like Flair/HBK, Sting could go with a younger (but not much younger) legend to have his last match with if he didn't want to go the AJ/Joe/Roode route...

Angle is a big name and can still give Stinger the match he deserves to go out on.

To everyone saying this won't draw, you undoubtedly haven't been to an IW show away from the impact zone that either of these guys have been on, the crowd still pops HUGE for both of these guys, they go nuts for them, why you ask, because people still love these guys, you wouldn't believe the reactions they still get outside of the dreaded impact zone. Furthermore, if hogan is no longer relevant please explain to me why one of the biggest shows today (American idol) picked him out of every other wrestler out there to be on their show, idk, maybe because to casual fans who don't follow wrestling closely, he is still the most recognizable star to these people.

The only way this should happen is it it is to be both Hogan and Sting's last matches. It is going to be a poor match, but could be successful simply as it would be the last time these 2 icons laced them up. If they end up having a match just for the sake of it then it shouldnt happen.

Sting isnt what he was. He is still pretty damm good for his age, but he is definitely slowing down now. And Hogan? The guy is a wreck and shouldn't be anywhere near a wrestling ring as an active competitor.

However, but if wrestling the Hulkster is how Sting wants to go, then I think he has that right. The match could be promoted well as both Hogan and Stinger's last match, and it would get quite a bit of publicity and be a big thing for TNA to headline their biggest PPV of the year. If Hogan is physically able to compete, and win (as he almost certainly would), then I have no problem with this match taking place.

It would be an honour for TNA to have these two legends have their final match in the company, and both Sting and Hogan would give it their all, as they wont want to be remembered as having had a terrible last match. I would not expect it to be a good match, but to see both of them bow out would be a special moment.

However, I would still be expecting Hogan to end up wrestling yet another match at a WM one year, I would be surprised if his ego would ever let him to go out anywhere other than at a 'Mania!

Of all the guys, he chose boring door #5, Hogan? It would be pointless for them to have a match at this year's BFG and then have another match when Sting retire. In conclusion, maybe Stinger wants to retire this year.

I would prefer if this would be a three-way Sting vs Hogan vs Flair. With Flair going over.

Of all the guys, he chose boring door #5, Hogan? It would be pointless for them to have a match at this year's BFG and then have another match when Sting retire. In conclusion, maybe Stinger wants to retire this year.

I would prefer if this would be a three-way Sting vs Hogan vs Flair. With Flair going over.
Blah, if you're going to mess it up and make it a three way, give the third spot to AJ, Roode or someone else who deserves.

Either way, this was a theoretical situation and if Sting wants his last match to be against Hogan then let it be against Hogan. I would've prefered HBK's last match to be against Triple H or Jericho, but hey it was against The Undertaker. HBK would've had just as good of a match against HHH or Y2J as against 'Taker, but that's what he wanted.

5 posts earlier, I repeated that it cannot be at BFG neither can it be this year because Sting is headlining the Impact Tour of England in 2012. Jeez!

Hogan and Flair's legacies are assured, neither of them should go over Sting in his final match. For being a true original and sticking to his principles, of these three guys Sting deserves the 'W'.

@ yoshi_doce2006 :

You claim that X-division has improved the programming, then how come ratings are the same as they were weeks before X-division got started.

Beefing up the X-division might be good but for how long are you going to stay happy just by watching spot monkeys perform stunts?

And "Wrestling Matters" really??, there is more wrestling on Smackdown than on Impact. Infact, I wont be surprised if NXT has more wrestling than Impact.

no I said programming has improved as a whole. The ratings have gone from 1.15-1.2 to between 1.25-1.30.

I can ask you the same about WWE, how long can you watch a bunch of people reading off written cue cards and put on sub-par wrestling matches. I mean, TNA might not be great but WWE is just as bad with a bigger name. At least TNA has in ring talent, something the WWE is severely lacking.

Smackdown is pretty good, nothing special. About 1/2 of IMPACT is wrestling. For those of you that count minutes if you take out the 30-45 minutes worth of commercials they put on between 30 or 40 minutes of in ring action that is around 30-40 minutes of 75-90 that is wrestling.

Wrestling Matters, eh, don't care I'm a fan and will watch what I feel is entertaining. I was part of that 5.1 Rating WCW was getting back in the day so if TNA is WCW Light then that doesn't bother me.

See I watch Smackdown and I watch IMPACT, RAW is awful and I dont pay it any mind. Smackdown gets Ratings in the 1.7's, IMPACT gets them in the 1.25's. As far as I am concerned if the Spot Monkeys as you call them are entertaining who am I to complain.

It's sad how clueless people here have become. I guess the Indys and ROH are to blame. Everyone wants 500 star matches and fucking 30 minute clinics.

While WWE and TNA produce some exciting wrestling quality PPVs and don't draw shit but nobody complains.

Fact is, this will draw attention. Hogan getting back in the ring, draws the same attention as any other icon getting back into movies, sports, etc. Saying it won't draw is foolish and stupid.

It won't draw with the #Iwantwrestling smarks. Who would look at a PPV card and say "It looks fantastic"....but "let me find an illegal stream"

Unlike those people, Sting vs Hogan would be pushed towards people who give a shit and would obviously want to watch those two legends one more time.

Don't tell me no bullshit that WWE wouldn't KILL to put that match on PPV also. You cannot want to see HBK vs Flair but shit on the quality of age of a Hogan and Sting match.

That's pretty funny coming from a dumbass supporter of a company whose slogan is "Wrestling Matters".

5 posts earlier, I repeated that it cannot be at BFG neither can it be this year because Sting is headlining the Impact Tour of England in 2012. Jeez!

BFG will probably be Hogan's last match. So if Sting wants Hogan to be his last match, Sting maybe needs to retire too. Or he should think about who should be his last opponant down the line. One that isn't Hogan.

Hogan and Flair's legacies are assured, neither of them should go over Sting in his final match. For being a true original and sticking to his principles, of these three guys Sting deserves the 'W'.

I would have Flair win because it would be surprising. Both Sting and Hogan have been booked to be the two top guys of TNA. Furthermore, Flair has jobbed to Hogan time and time again and Flair jobbed to Sting at the last Nitro. Time to show who is the master.

That's pretty funny coming from a dumbass supporter of a company whose slogan is "Wrestling Matters".
What's even funnier is people dumbasses like you who still think "Wrestling Matters" is geared toward improving ONLY the in-ring aspect of pro wrestlig. By the way, has ROH taken over the world yet? It's been nine years. I'm sick of waiting. Watch out local programs being aired at 3 AM in the morning. ROH is comin' to getcha in Poughkeepsie!

BFG will probably be Hogan's last match. So if Sting wants Hogan to be his last match, Sting maybe needs to retire too. Or he should think about who should be his last opponant down the line. One that isn't Hogan.

I REALLY need to work on getting my point across. The whole IW tour is based around Sting's participation. Whether or not you feel Sting needs to retire has nothing to do with it.
TNA-Maximum-Impact-Tour-2012-IV.png

I would have Flair win because it would be surprising. Both Sting and Hogan have been booked to be the two top guys of TNA. Furthermore, Flair has jobbed to Hogan time and time again and Flair jobbed to Sting at the last Nitro. Time to show who is the master.

So the man with the least amount of legacy in TNA/IW (a legacy that involves tantrums and forgetting the names of his workmates) should go over? I've no objection to the man making a living but Flair has had his 'last match' moment (it lasted a full weekend). Right or wrong Hogan and Flair will always be remembered above Sting, to begrudge him a victory in a potential match against either or both of these guys is just wrong.

I have a huge problem with this. We don't need to see this. We should see Sting help a young guy become a star. Impact Wrestling needs a face for their company like Cena is the face of the WWE.

I have a huge problem with this. We don't need to see this. We should see Sting help a young guy become a star. Impact Wrestling needs a face for their company like Cena is the face of the WWE.
Actually, that's the last thing TNA needs. I thought the IWC wanted TNA to be different from the WWE.

TNA shouldn't have a face for their company like Cena. Why? Here's why. When you have a guy like Cena, you book him the way they do, and book the rest of the roster the way they do - everyone else seems and is inferior to him. The company becomes dependant on this one man. Cena is the WWE. WWE is Cena. If Cena got injured tomorrow and his career ended prematurely, WWE is fucked. He's been attatched to them for so long and so hard that removing him wouldn't kill the company but it would sure as fuck leave it in a poor state until they find a replacement for him, which shouldn't be too hard, but whose to say that this replacement would work as hard as Cena does, and the fans will become as emotionally invested in him as they are in Cena? Cena seems to be the offspring of Superman booking, and all the kiddies want to be associated with "the best" and like "the best". The kiddies love Superman. They love Batman. What WWE is forgetting, however, is that the PEOPLE like The Joker more.

I hope to God TNA doesn't pick a face of the company, and I'm not even religious. TNA's roster is good enough to carry itself, not have one Cena-like person carry'n'bury everybody.

Actually, that's the last thing TNA needs. I thought the IWC wanted TNA to be different from the WWE.

TNA shouldn't have a face for their company like Cena. Why? Here's why. When you have a guy like Cena, you book him the way they do, and book the rest of the roster the way they do - everyone else seems and is inferior to him. The company becomes dependant on this one man. Cena is the WWE. WWE is Cena. If Cena got injured tomorrow and his career ended prematurely, WWE is fucked. He's been attatched to them for so long and so hard that removing him wouldn't kill the company but it would sure as fuck leave it in a poor state until they find a replacement for him, which shouldn't be too hard, but whose to say that this replacement would work as hard as Cena does, and the fans will become as emotionally invested in him as they are in Cena? Cena seems to be the offspring of Superman booking, and all the kiddies want to be associated with "the best" and like "the best". The kiddies love Superman. They love Batman. What WWE is forgetting, however, is that the PEOPLE like The Joker more.

I hope to God TNA doesn't pick a face of the company, and I'm not even religious. TNA's roster is good enough to carry itself, not have one Cena-like person carry'n'bury everybody.

Although this post is littered with stupidity (Cena buries people?!) and I could go through it line-by-line, I'm only going to attack the core idea. RATED-RKOFRANKLIN's point was a very valid one. Sting should be putting over young wrestlers who can carry TNA in the long run. Having a match with Hulk Hogan isn't going to do that.

Any - and I mean any - wrestling company would kill for a John Cena. Wanna know why? Because he makes a fuckton of money. And that's why wrestling companies exist. They exist to make money. Now you could argue from a personal quality perspective that you don't want one guy to be constantly in the main event scene. That's fine. But to say that having a face of a company is bad is just plain stupid.

The last bit was funny. You're not seriously suggesting that a) WWE should get a 50 year old man to pretend to be The Joker, b) "SuperCena" (I hate that term) isn't liked by people or c) Sting's current character is better than Cena? All of them are stupid beyond belief.

Although this post is littered with stupidity (Cena buries people?!) and I could go through it line-by-line, I'm only going to attack the core idea. RATED-RKOFRANKLIN's point was a very valid one. Sting should be putting over young wrestlers who can carry TNA in the long run. Having a match with Hulk Hogan isn't going to do that.

Any - and I mean any - wrestling company would kill for a John Cena. Wanna know why? Because he makes a fuckton of money. And that's why wrestling companies exist. They exist to make money. Now you could argue from a personal quality perspective that you don't want one guy to be constantly in the main event scene. That's fine. But to say that having a face of a company is bad is just plain stupid.

The last bit was funny. You're not seriously suggesting that a) WWE should get a 50 year old man to pretend to be The Joker, b) "SuperCena" (I hate that term) isn't liked by people or c) Sting's current character is better than Cena? All of them are stupid beyond belief.

The fans need to expect someone to love or hate in the ring. Every sports team try to have the guy people want to see for a reason. It's how they make money.

When I watch Impact Wrestling, I don't know who to expect to be in the ring. That's bad marketing.

Although this post is littered with stupidity (Cena buries people?!) and I could go through it line-by-line, I'm only going to attack the core idea.

Defeating two members of the Nexus within two minutes of being double DDT'd by said guys. After being beat on for twenty plus meetings by Miz AND Riley, within two minutes of that match restarting, he'd given Alex an AA through the announce table, chased Miz down and had him squealing "I quit!" Single handedly beating the Tag Team Champions this past weeks RAW. Were do you think the SuperCena tag originates from?

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN's point was a very valid one. Sting should be putting over young wrestlers who can carry TNA in the long run. Having a match with Hulk Hogan isn't going to do that.

This thread was about an interview with Sting on who HE wants to have his final match with. Why wouldn't he want to go out against the greatest ever name in wrestling? As he has some time left on his current contract, there really is no reason why he cannot put young guys over and still have the final match HE wants. The 'X' factor is Hogan's capabilities.

A figurehead is fine and well but outside of Cena and possibly Orton, who else can the WWe rely on to sell PPVs? Just look at this years WM, storylines were abandoned and Attitude guys (and gal) were brought back because their current roster doesn't cut the mustard. This indicates that too much emphasis has been placed on John at the expense of creating new headliners.

The last bit was funny. You're not seriously suggesting that a) WWE should get a 50 year old man to pretend to be The Joker,

They've done similar before...
[YOUTUBE]zl3TnqUumfU[/YOUTUBE]​

b) "SuperCena" (I hate that term) isn't liked by people or

He's liked by some and disliked by others (you did see the reactions in front of his home fans, yes?).

c) Sting's current character is better than Cena? All of them are stupid beyond belief.

Many, many people who watch WWe are not fond of Cena's character. To my knowledge, the majority of IW fans do like 'Joker' (personally, I think he's more aping Jim Carrey's Riddler) Sting. As such, yes, I do think there is a strong argument for this character being better.

What is up with all the stupid fucking ***** that are acting like this match has been officially announced? For Christ's fucking sakes, Hulk Hogan has not confirmed anything in regards to him wrestling ever again, oh sure he's said he's hoping to, but at the same time he always said that wrestling in TNA even on a part time basis is not a guarantee, he did it once for the March 8th TNA Impact from last year, but he has not done so since.

There have been plenty of opportunities for him to renege on that statement prior to his back surgeries but he had not done so and has yet to do so. I am not saying this match won't happen and I am also not saying it should happen either.

However, it HAS NOT EVEN BEEN FUCKING ANNOUNCED YET! It was just wishful thinking on Sting's part with that being said, this has not been signed, sealed or delivered. My god there are so many stupid fucking idiots posting on this thread as well as most other threads on this forum, but this is one is easily taking the cake.

I also feel as though picking Hogan is a slap in the face to Flair since Flair and Sting have way longer history and a better history of matches. Plus Flair can still put on a better match than Hogan.

Sting and Flair already had their "last match" moment on the final episode of Nitro. I get what you're saying and I thought of that as well, but I think it'd be pretty cool if Sting and Flair never wrestled again because their last match also being the final match of WCW is a very symbolic thing. I'm sure both men feel that way and Flair isn't going feel disrespected at all.

Well, sure, Sting may want that, but what does he know? When you have genius historians like "WorldHeavyweightChampion" telling us that Flair and Sting sold out arenas for 14 years and telling us who Sting should choose for his last match? What does Sting know compared to this great thinker of our time? Obviously WorldHeavyweightChampion truly has his finger on the pulse of what's best for Sting, not Sting.

Whatever.

On topic, good luck to Sting on getting that to happen, I'm not sure Hogan will physically ever be able to get in the ring again. If he does, I'll watch it. It's Sting's career, he can end it however he wants. That's his right. And I'm getting a good laugh out of this "put a younger guy over" thing. Let's look at some recent history:

Shawn Michaels: Last match Undertaker
Ric Flair: "Last match" vs. Shawn Michaels

The two biggest named retirements of the last decade both went out wrestling very seasoned veterans. Edge went out beating on ADR, but that was forced via injury. Guys at this level have earned the right to go out how they want and against who they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back