Sting Wants to Wrestle Hulk Hogan in His Final Match

You see itssoeasy123 this is what makes you a complete and utter idiot, Hulk Hogan has not wrestled in over a year and a half and the likelihood of him doing such again is not looking very high. Your argument would make sense if he's actually been wrestling all this time since signing with TNA in October of 2009, but guess what tool, he hasn't. You and the guy that you quoted are both a couple of dumb ass marks. Sorry to break that truth to you. Troll.

The hell are you talking about? It's not that Hogan hasn't wrestled, it's Hogan can't remotely take a bump anymore, he even admitted himself he can't do the leg drop anymore. I talking about the fact that a match between these two won't be good beucase of Hogan's condition, his knee's are shot, he has hip replacement's, and his back is like glass now, and as much as I don't respect Hogan, I would hate to see him paralyzed the rest of hisl fe for one bump.

Again, speaking in absolutes.

Nothing but my opinion. I know you're smart enough to realize that anything pertaining to ring work is objective. Nothing can truly be determined as bad or good indefinitely no matter how large the consensus may be, so obviously what I say is just an opinion.

Hogan could not take a back bump or deliver a leg drop due to the condition of his back and had a brace holding him together lately, yes. That says nothing of whether or not (a) he'd say fuck all to the pain and work the match regardless of the amount of discomfort he'd be in for the sake of Sting or (b) be in better condition by the time Bound For Glory came around to the point that he'd actually be able to do those very things.

Uh, he hasn't been able to do those things in YEARS. It's not just something I assume, he himself has stated that he can't do a leg drop. Besides, even with a leg drop and back bumps, you're telling me that Hogan and Sting have somehow developed chemistry after all this time? Their matches sucked ass a decade ago, they're likely going to now.

Again, you are not a fortune teller, nor a clairvoyant, nor any future reader of any kind, so I'd suggest dealing in plausibility so as not to look stupid in the event he actually came back to do the very things you are telling everyone he can't do.

And again, I'm not pulling this stuff out of my ass. If he does go out there and take bumps or deliver a leg drop, that speaks more to him than anyone. He's the one who said he couldn't do it anymore, not I. I just used his statement as an example of why the match will likely blow ass. So after he states numerous times that he can't do things, it's more than plausible for me to assume that he can't.

Clash of the Champions 1
Starrcade 1989 Futureshock: Night of the Iron Men
Great American Bash 1990
WCW Saturday Night (Live)
Clash of the Champions 27
WCW Monday Nitro (many editions)
The Final WCW Monday Nitro

These are just SOME examples of classic matches between Sting and RIC FLAIR. Remember, it was FLAIR who made Sting a household name, a superstar, and a legend - and The Icon.

Hogan SUCKS!

Sting's last match should be against FLAIR, not Hogan. Sting and FLAIR sold out areas all around the country for 14 years. It would be like Ali vs. Fraiser: The Thrilla in Manilla. End your career against another legend and your biggest rival of your career.

smh

Hey you stupid cunt, Flair and Sting did not sell out arenas for 14 years against each other because there were gaps when they weren't feuding, like the entire year of 1992 when Flair was in WWF and also while Sting was shifting into his Crow gimmick they pretty much finished up as far as having any matches of note against each other around 1995. Then in 2001 they wrestled on the final Nitro. So I seriously have no clue where the fuck you are getting your data.

By the way, it is Sting's call as far as who he wants to face for his final match but I don't see Hogan being a serious candidate for that one considering his health problems and his last match being in March of 2010. Also, if you claimed to know your shit like you claim to do with that listing of classic Flair-Sting Matches you'd also have listed Clash Of The Champions XVIII in June of 1994 when Sting and Flair unified the WCW International World and WCW World Heavyweight Championships...

Dumbass next time you want to post something cute, you better do your homework a little better. Fuckhead.

Bret Hart is a stroke victim and hadn't wrestled in 10 years. McMahon was 61 or so. Did ANYONE honestly think this would have been good or a tremendous match with Bret taking bumps?

We're lucky we got to see Bret even come back to the WWE on TV.

That match was still a fucking waste of time and anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete and utter fool. Bret Hart's closure as far as physical retaliation was good enough at the same Survivor Series he got screwed at. I take it you don't remember him punching out Vince.

The Vince-Bret match (for as much as I regard Bret as an all time favorite of mine) took up PPV time that someone else could have had on WrestleMania. A lot of the internet darlings I would expect to have jumped on this one considering that Zack Ryder was in a dark match at that year's WrestleMania. Let's also not forget here that Bret also was a part of the SummerSlam main event as a PARTICIPANT, that also didn't need to be done nor was his United States Title win a logical move.

Just face it you stupid marks, you'll find anything to create a double standard, you're all a bunch of fickle know it all idiots.

As far as Sting and Hogan go, sounds more like wishful thinking on Sting's part. There's no guarantee Hogan will wrestle and this is not the first time he's been rumored to do so. Last summer everyone thought he was going to feud with Abyss for the World title and that never happened. At Slammiversary VIII it was "rumored" to be Hogan and Sting but yet it didn't happen. Sting saying that he wants his final match against Hogan and that it will happen is something that I'll only believe when I actually see it happen.

So until it's officially announced that Hogan and Sting will face, the lot of you that are bitching about Hogan having to retire and stop wrestling should really shut the fuck up since last I checked he more or less is since he has not stepped into the ring for QUITE SOME TIME. Fucking morons.

That match was still a fucking waste of time and anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete and utter fool. Bret Hart's closure as far as physical retaliation was good enough at the same Survivor Series he got screwed at. I take it you don't remember him punching out Vince.

The Vince-Bret match (for as much as I regard Bret as an all time favorite of mine) took up PPV time that someone else could have had on WrestleMania. A lot of the internet darlings I would expect to have jumped on this one considering that Zack Ryder was in a dark match at that year's WrestleMania. Let's also not forget here that Bret also was a part of the SummerSlam main event as a PARTICIPANT, that also didn't need to be done nor was his United States Title win a logical move.

Just face it you stupid marks, you'll find anything to create a double standard, you're all a bunch of fickle know it all idiots.

Hey if you insult me more, maybe your point will be more credible and not come across as totally pathetic?

It was a big deal, and a good thing, that Bret came back. I do think it took up too much time, but oh well. If anyone thought that would have been a great match, they are horribly mistaken.

You mean Bret Hart doing a few BODY SLAMS in a match then getting DQed? He didn't take any bump at all. He won the US title for a feel good moment. He only had it for a week and Miz got it back within 4 weeks after R Truth had a 3 week reign.

Zack Ryder also wasn't as over with the internet as now in early 2010, so no one cared.

God i HATE tna MARKS/SMARKS...Basement dwellers.OOPS did i just say that!? hahaha..Sting STOLE a gimmick from a No name up and comer...Hogan can NOT work a match at all with his injurys...what does this TNA mark thinking? How many ppl have said there original match in 1997 was awefull? ALOT of ppl....dude,tna is GARBAGE i cant even watch 5 minutes of it without being bored..Wwe isn't much better @ the moment but cmon now,TNA couldnt even sell over 10 thousand ppv buys for there biggest ppv's...its trash.Main stream pro wrestling is @ an all time low in creativity and suspense.AND NONE OF YOU CAN DENY THAT..Watching a bunch of 100 pound nobodys flip around a ring and grab an IRRELEVANT X from above the ring can only go so far...Sting vs hogan will be trash,it wont draw a DIME because NO ONE cares,get off TNAS dick and get a better hobby,i dont give a fuck if u delete my post or not bcuz the IWC is full of virgin basement dwellers who CANT accept opinions..You dont think MIZ is great?...Deleted..you dont like punk? SPAMMED..You bash tNA bcuz fans have opinions?...SPAMMED..get a life "ITS DAMN REAL" fuck AJ styles too

Uh, he hasn't been able to do those things in YEARS. It's not just something I assume, he himself has stated that he can't do a leg drop. Besides, even with a leg drop and back bumps, you're telling me that Hogan and Sting have somehow developed chemistry after all this time? Their matches sucked ass a decade ago, they're likely going to now.

Doesn't matter. It's about draw, not quality.

And again, I'm not pulling this stuff out of my ass. If he does go out there and take bumps or deliver a leg drop, that speaks more to him than anyone. He's the one who said he couldn't do it anymore, not I. I just used his statement as an example of why the match will likely blow ass. So after he states numerous times that he can't do things, it's more than plausible for me to assume that he can't.

Again, it blowing is irrelevant. It's about draw, not quality.

Hogan v. Sting at Bound For Glory, especially if it's under the pretense of either or both retiring and wrestling their last match, will almost certainly draw, and that's all that matters.

As one of the users posted earlier, you use the legendary match up to draw viewers in and then fill the card with fantastic feuds/matches to keep them.

@ yoshi_doce2006 :

You claim that X-division has improved the programming, then how come ratings are the same as they were weeks before X-division got started.

Beefing up the X-division might be good but for how long are you going to stay happy just by watching spot monkeys perform stunts?

And "Wrestling Matters" really??, there is more wrestling on Smackdown than on Impact. Infact, I wont be surprised if NXT has more wrestling than Impact.

How people can think this won't draw is beyond me, notsaying it will draw huge numbers, but there are def hogan/sting marks who will def buythis, I get so sick of reading posts from people trying to say when wrestlers should hang up theirboots, it's THEIR decisionnot yours, you don't wanna watch, than don't, simple as that.

@ the suplexer perfecter,"A 52 year old sting having the world title is stealing the spotlight from the younger guys. Why does Sting need the title? He doesn't. Mr. Anderson once again got a total joke of a title reign." don't know if you read posting guidelines, the administrators really don't like people posting spoilers, just a lil FYI....

PLEASE TELL ME HOW THIS MATCH WILL DRAW? PLEASE EXPLAIN

Read every one of my posts, guy. Not my job to hold your hand like a small child.

I've been pretty clear about how this could draw. It's Hogan and Sting—two iconic names in the history of professional wrestling—potentially wrestling in their last matches ever. That is how this match will draw.

Quality of match means nothing. Names on the card mean everything.

Smarkmadden, I did explain, how won't this sell to hogan/sting marks, every one of them will buy this, also there are many casual fans that really don't watch wrestling anymore that would buy
This for the simple fact of NOSTALGIA, I have asked some friends who no longer watch wrestling, and so far the feedback I've been getting is they would buy this because it's wrestlers they know and used to enjoy watching, to not think sting/hogan have big followings who would order this is ludicrous.

Smarkmadden take your ass back to the WWE threads, your posts bashing IW shows you are nothing more than a WWE mark, don't troll these threads just trying to stir up shit, it's pathetic really.

Furthermore how do you know what their top ppvs sell, it's not public information, they don't release that kind of info, just more bullshit spewing from people that have no clue what their talking about, it's pure speculation as to how many buys they get, now back to the WWE threads mark.

i dont know it feels bitter sweet to me. on paper it's a good match but the reality is both men are up there in age and i dont expect a wrestling classic. it's gonna be slow and will probably need interference to keep it alive.

It's sad how clueless people here have become. I guess the Indys and ROH are to blame. Everyone wants 500 star matches and fucking 30 minute clinics.

While WWE and TNA produce some exciting wrestling quality PPVs and don't draw shit but nobody complains.

Fact is, this will draw attention. Hogan getting back in the ring, draws the same attention as any other icon getting back into movies, sports, etc. Saying it won't draw is foolish and stupid.

It won't draw with the #Iwantwrestling smarks. Who would look at a PPV card and say "It looks fantastic"....but "let me find an illegal stream"

Unlike those people, Sting vs Hogan would be pushed towards people who give a shit and would obviously want to watch those two legends one more time.

Don't tell me no bullshit that WWE wouldn't KILL to put that match on PPV also. You cannot want to see HBK vs Flair but shit on the quality of age of a Hogan and Sting match.

Sting has done enough in wrestling and for wrestling that he should absolutely be able to have his choice of who he wants to wrestle in his last match. Do I think it should be Hulk Hogan? No I dont, but its not up to me. Do I think it will draw? Yes I do, there are enough fans of him and Hogan out their that this would be big to them, plus fans that would watch for the nostalgia, and enough hardcore TNA fans that would watch cause its TNA.

I honestly think he said Hogan because of the current storyline going on, I would think he would want it to be againt Ric Flair since he is the one that put Sting on the map and would want to go out against the one he is known for having many classic matches with. I would rather see that then him and Hogan any day.

Even though I would like to see him and Flair one more time, I think he should wrestle Bobby Roode and give him the rub he gave to AJ a couple of years ago and help elevate Roode to the mainevent and single career he is headed for.

Why are certain parties taking pops at TNA? To my understanding this was Steve Borden expressing who he wants to face in his last match.

Secondly, why is everyone talking about BFG? Sting is headlining Impact's tour of England in early 2012.

Why doesn't he want Flair? Couple possibilities; 1) How could it be bigger than the last match in WCW's history?, 2) As someone else has mentioned, how can we even be sure Flair'll even be about when that time comes?, 3) If reports of Flair's time in TNA are even remotely true, then I could well imagine Sting having lost respect for him as TNA is a company that Steve Borden has supported for several years.

Match quality? How about PPVs (plural) featuring a guy who LEGALLY cannot wrestle? What about a 60 something announcer getting title matches? The same announcer in bouts against his broadcast colleague (who is not a wrestler)? A 30 something wrestler beating up four men ranging from 55 to 65 only to knocked out by a 56 year old actor?

Personally I'd like to see Sting's last match to be against AJ because it could be worked to be on a scale with that last WCW match. Sting would come out and state that he created history in that match against the most famous name ever in NWA/WCW and that he would like his last match in Impact Wrestling to be against the guy who symbolises TNA/IW - AJ Styles.

But you know what, I ADORE Sting - if he wants to go out against the 'Immortal' Hulk Hogan, then I will fully support that.

One final note, HH was known for his reluctance to fully put over guys throughout his whole career, does anybody NOT think this might have had some influence on his matches with the guy who was ALWAYS more over in WCW than him? However, this match would really massage the Hogan ego and he might therefore surprise people with his performance - he has done this in the past when his ability was questioned.

Edit: Sorry, had to address one last thing. The Joker has been about for 71 years and has influenced guys like Doink, ICP and Hugh Morris - even Randy Orton's last feud with Trips could be argued as influenced by Bat's nemesis. Sting himself has played the mentally unbalanced card on several occasions throughout his career (famously quoting the Riddler in one memorable promo). Can we stop trying to allocate the gimmick to some no name Indy guy?

Sting wanting to wrestle Hulk Hogan is like him going to a retirement home, and pulling a guy out of a wheelchair and saying he wants to wrestle him. Hogan's body is like glass, he's had alot of surgeries over the last few year's, and the back surgeries have even slowed down his mobility. His backbrace is what's keeping him together now. I'm not saying Hogan should hang it up, beucase I think he already has, I'm saying Sting is absolutely crazy to want to wrestle Hogan knowing his condition. I think Hogan would want to go through with it, becuase Hogan seem's to throw logic out the window sometimes. It will be a slow-paced, very boring match, probably have a lot of interference. I not expecting even a decent match, and there's only a few outcomes. One, Sting win's clean, then "retires." Two, (the most feared one) Hogan win's the TNA Championship.

People saying it'll be a draw are inaccurate. I believe that the Hulkamania, and Hulk Hogan name, is the drawing power. I really don't think alot of people want to see a Hogan promo, or match in 2011. It's just my opinion, if you favor seeing Hogan in 2011, more power to you, I just don't. I really don't think the match will be a huge draw, Sting and Hogan are both aged, hardly relevant in today's wrestling world, and don't have much history against the two other than their 1997 fued. It's like instead of Vince vs. Bret at WM 26, it was Bret vs. Eric Bischoff. Plus, Hogan's condition is very documented in interveiw's and other media outlet's. It's not like people have no clue that Hogan has had 10 back surgeries, hip replacements, and other things of that nature.

There's also the fearful possiblity of Hogan not making it out of the match. Hogan is known to go against the doctor's orders to have a match, but what if it's his last. Not becuase he want to, but his body end's his career. I have said already, I have no respect for Hogan as a human being, but I would be saddened to know that he is paralyzed, or wil have to be in a hospital bed, for the rest of his life. It's not much as I am against the match, as it is Hogans health. If Hogan wants to go through with it, I just hope that he thinks of the consequences, and the possiblity that the last time he ever walk's may be down to the ring.

Read every one of my posts, guy. Not my job to hold your hand like a small child.

I've been pretty clear about how this could draw. It's Hogan and Sting—two iconic names in the history of professional wrestling—potentially wrestling in their last matches ever. That is how this match will draw.

Quality of match means nothing. Names on the card mean everything.

So after realizing how ludicrous this is, you try to spin. In one of the most hostile wrestling markets in the country, Sting wants to demean the fanbase and insult the industry by trying to have a match against an over blown over rated shell that's about 1% of his former self and about 98% (the other 2% comprised of TNA marks) of actual wrestling fans would want to disappear forever and you think somehow some way this would draw a crowd or sell a PPV, :lmao: I suppose you wonder why nobody cares about TNA also...

This just in Peyton Manning has said in his last game he wants to play against Joe Montana. To a TNA mark this would draw a crowd....

Doesn't matter. It's about draw, not quality.

Again, it blowing is irrelevant. It's about draw, not quality.

Hogan v. Sting at Bound For Glory, especially if it's under the pretense of either or both retiring and wrestling their last match, will almost certainly draw, and that's all that matters.

As one of the users posted earlier, you use the legendary match up to draw viewers in and then fill the card with fantastic feuds/matches to keep them.

Uh, yeah. If you read my first post, I have already said that. Never tried to say otherwise, you're changing the subject of what we, you and me, were talking about which was the quality of the match and why it's plausible for me to say it will blow dick.

Of course Sting vs Hogan will draw, at least more than anything else they can put up. They are easily the biggest names they have on the roster and that alone would sell. However, as I said earlier, if they have nothing else on the card to that grabs the interest of those who just tuned in to see Hogan vs Sting, it likely won't keep any of the new fans because the actual match will be a fucking joke.

So after realizing how ludicrous this is, you try to spin. In one of the most hostile wrestling markets in the country, Sting wants to demean the fanbase and insult the industry by trying to have a match against an over blown over rated shell that's about 1% of his former self and about 98% (the other 2% comprised of TNA marks) of actual wrestling fans would want to disappear forever and you think somehow some way this would draw a crowd or sell a PPV, :lmao: I suppose you wonder why nobody cares about TNA also...

The bigggest point you're missing is that this is not an officially announced match, it's only a speculated one, IDR was not spinning a thing. He was just making an observation on what he thinks a Sting-Hogan match could possibly be like. But I have not heard anywhere that this is going to be actually occurring.

My personal opinion is that I don't see the need for a Hulk Hogan-Sting Redux, but that one is not my call, however before we go and assume anything let's not swear by what Sting said as being how it's going to be. My opinion, Hogan's done wrestling as far as I can see. He hasn't wrestled since March 2010 and that was just a mere tag team match. Thus far Hogan's stood by his word that even when he was relatively healthy that it wasn't his full time job to wrestle in TNA. What Sting said is just speculation as far I am concerned.

NOTE: When I am wrong, I am more than glad to admit it and I was in a previous post to that troll WorldHeavyweightChampion, he did indeed acknowledge Clash Of The Champions XXVII however, I doubt he could seriously tell me a single thing about the match considering that he's trying to sell us the story that Sting and Flair wrestled EVERY single year they were in WCW when I'll admit it was quite often but there were some gaps in that feud. Obviously I think we're dealing with some dumbshit troll like most people on here are.

Also Suplexer Perfecter or whatever it is you call yourself, don't act like a douchebag know it all smark and I won't insult you. People like you ask for it plain and simple. FYI.

Uh, yeah. If you read my first post, I have already said that. Never tried to say otherwise, you're changing the subject of what we, you and me, were talking about which was the quality of the match and why it's plausible for me to say it will blow dick.

Of course Sting vs Hogan will draw, at least more than anything else they can put up. They are easily the biggest names they have on the roster and that alone would sell. However, as I said earlier, if they have nothing else on the card to that grabs the interest of those who just tuned in to see Hogan vs Sting, it likely won't keep any of the new fans because the actual match will be a fucking joke.

That's my point, though, Nate — use the legends to draw, then keep those new viewers with the rest of the card which needs to be stacked (as it usually is for Bound For Glory anyway).

Angle will most certainly be a part of the show, as will the culmination of the Bound For Glory series which is likely to continue pushing Crimson as a major player in the company. Crimson alone won't do much, but fans may be intrigued to see what happens if he does actually win that night. You also have the potential for Styles, Aeries and a number of others to have deep roles as well.

Frankly, if someone tuning in for Hogan/Sting catches all that and isn't impressed, TNA isn't their cup of tea anyway.

It would have to be a street fight or some type of gimmick match possibly. I doubt it would be long but build up could be epic again.

I rather see Sting vs. Flair one last time. Gotta have Sting go out against the man who made him what he is today. And that sholud be at the BFG ppv, so I can witness it live in Philly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back