• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sting or Brock Lesnar?

Sting or Lesnar?

• Sting

• Lesnar

Results are only viewable after voting.

WWE.IS.AWESOME

Future Women's Champion
Both Brock Lesnar and Sting are great athletes. They can both put on a great preformance in the ring and would get good PPV buys. My question for you is...

If only one could make a Wrestlemania appearance, then would you rather see Brock Lesnar or Sting at 'Mania?

It doesn't mean that they necessarily have to face Taker, but if only one could show their face at the Grandest Stage of Them All then who would you rather see?

I would have to pick Sting for the sheer fact that us hardcore fans have waited how long to see a dream match like that on the grandest stages of them all. Hell we've all seen Lesnar wrestle at mania and have all watched his feud with the taker, so it's nothing new.

So without a doubt Sting at Wrestlemania would be the one.

Sting.

I've wanted to see Sting vs Undertaker for the longest time! As much as I think Lesnar vs Undertaker would be great, it's just the best from WCW/TNA vs the best of WWE in a dream match.

I would have to say sting. Lesner is great and all, but I really never found him that appealing. Sting however is arguably my favorite wrestler of all time. I've been wanting him to face the Undertaker since I can remember. I think that Sting is just a better fit then Lesner.

Has to be Sting, unarguably the biggest wrestler never to step in a WWe ring. The Undertaker / Sting match is just screaming main event and no other wrestler could possibly cause as much speculation (... well possibly HBK). Lesnar made his bed when he walked out on WWe, I personally don't want to see him back - if wrestling wasn't good enough for him in 2004, why should it be good enough for him in 2011? He's just looking a big pay day (as if Dana isn't paying him enough already).

I can see this becoming quite a one sided thread as I will also have to say Sting...the biggest guy never to do it in the WWE...Sting in a WWE ring is absolutely monumental and would be an incredible spectacle, especially if it occurs at Wrestlemania. It would be awesome to see Lesnar in the WWE again but the key word is 'again'...its been done. Sting would be amazing!

Sting. For a multitude of reasons which I will explain forthwith. Well I say multitude, I mean two. Two important reasons.

Sting has never wrestled in a WWE ring. If he was to ever go to WWE, it would be huge. Don't get me wrong, it would be huge if Brock Lesnar came to WWE but Sting is on another level. It would be a moment that would go down in the annals of WWE history. Brock Lesnar has been away for what will be 7 years by the time of WrestleMania.

Sting actually cares about the buisness. He loves the buisness. You don't spend half of your life wrestling if you don't love it. To Brock Lesnar, it would just be an easy payday. He turned his back on WWE when he decided he wanted to play in the NFL. And he left with an awful match which could have and should have been a great one. Put simply, he didn't care. And I doubt that has changed.

Pretty much the same reply as everyone else. Sting everytime. We have seen Brock Lesnar in the WWE before, apart from being a icon in pro wrestling many fans would much rather see Sting make his WWE/Wrestlemania debut, than a Lesnar return.

Sting. There are a few main reasons for this.

First and most importantly, unlike Brock Lesnar, Sting has never made an appearance in the WWE, to see him in a WWE ring or even a WWE arena would be a huge moment in wrestling history and something most thought they would never see. Sure, a Lesnar return would be huge but by comparison it's no where near that of a Sting return.

Second, a Sting return leaves more room for dream matches to be fulfilled. Seeing Lesnar/Taker at WM 27 would of course be awesome, but it's not like we haven't seen that before in fact they had a whole series in 2002. Sting on the other hand leaves the door open for a multitude of dream matches against the likes of Taker, Cena and HHH to name a few.

Just to play devil's advocate, I'd say that Lesnar would actually be a better acquisition. Here's why I think so.

1) A lot of young fans, to whom the product is aimed at these days, do not know how much of a legend Sting is. Now that is partially because of their youth and partially because of the reason that the WWE have never exactly promoted Sting because obviously he never worked for them. They have a better chance of knowing who Brock Lesnar is given the popularity of MMA.

2) Tied into my first point is the fact that Sting has almost no mainstream recognition. WrestleMania is the biggest show that any wrestling company can put up at this moment and logically it will draw in as many wrestling fans as it can with or without Sting. Brock can help the WWE draw the people who are not interested in wrestling into WrestleMania.

3) Brock will put on a better show as he is more or less in his physical prime unlike Sting. Sting might mean a lot more to wrestling fans than Brock Lesnar but by putting on a bad show he stands a chance to disappoint the fans that are clamoring for him to come to the WWE. I'm sure Sting does not want his only match in the WWE to be a bad one.

4) If Sting never signs with the WWE it will be better for his legacy. It's probably a difficult point to understand but here's why I think this way. People talk all the time about how Austin vs Hogan would have been the greatest match ever. Now imagine if that match had happened. Do you think that the people would talk so much about it? NO. They would probably remember it as the Hogan vs Rock match at WrestleMania 18: Epic atmosphere but not great from a technical standpoint.

In the same manner if Sting never signs for the WWE, his legacy would assume mythical proportions. He would be remembered as the greatest superstar never to have worked for the WWE and a one of the greatest of all time inspite of that fact. I think that him working for the WWE will probably spoil that aura about him a bit. Sometimes it's better to let the people salivate at the possibilities rather than actually go through with it.

First off, great points but I gotta counter-point...

Just to play devil's advocate, I'd say that Lesnar would actually be a better acquisition. Here's why I think so.

1) A lot of young fans, to whom the product is aimed at these days, do not know how much of a legend Sting is. Now that is partially because of their youth and partially because of the reason that the WWE have never exactly promoted Sting because obviously he never worked for them. They have a better chance of knowing who Brock Lesnar is given the popularity of MMA.

I'm from Norn Iron so I gotta ask - kids are allowed to watch UFC? Even now WWe has gone PG, their DVD's are '15' or (more often) '18' rated by the BBFC (meaning you have to be at least 15 or 18 to view). This is due to the violence - if we where to allow small kids to watch the ultra violence of UFC, we'd be strung up. WWe might be PG now but PPV is paid for by adults and we know who Sting is and remember the way Brock walked out on us before.

2) Tied into my first point is the fact that Sting has almost no mainstream recognition. WrestleMania is the biggest show that any wrestling company can put up at this moment and logically it will draw in as many wrestling fans as it can with or without Sting. Brock can help the WWE draw the people who are not interested in wrestling into WrestleMania.

True... buuuuutttttt... at the height of the Monday night wars ratings between the two companies was cresting 10, now unopposed Raw doesn't hit 4. Brock might bring the mainstream to watch one event. Sting could bring back wrestling FANS and bolster the stagnant figures. One off versus long term?
350px-Monday_Night_Wars_Ratings.JPG

3) Brock will put on a better show as he is more or less in his physical prime unlike Sting. Sting might mean a lot more to wrestling fans than Brock Lesnar but by putting on a bad show he stands a chance to disappoint the fans that are clamoring for him to come to the WWE. I'm sure Sting does not want his only match in the WWE to be a bad one.

I have to disagree, Sting might have lost a step but he has been wrestling these last number of years, Brock has not. Brock is just as likely to put on a bad show (WM XX amigo?). Along with having been out of wrestling this length of time Brock is MMA now and as such would be expected to wrestle that style. With the exception of Angle/ Joe at Lockdown name another successful MMA edged bout? Shamrock, Blackman, Abbott, Lashley, Kozlov - none of these guys have really been able to translate MMA to sports entertainment.

4) If Sting never signs with the WWE it will be better for his legacy. It's probably a difficult point to understand but here's why I think this way. People talk all the time about how Austin vs Hogan would have been the greatest match ever. Now imagine if that match had happened. Do you think that the people would talk so much about it? NO. They would probably remember it as the Hogan vs Rock match at WrestleMania 18: Epic atmosphere but not great from a technical standpoint.

In the same manner if Sting never signs for the WWE, his legacy would assume mythical proportions. He would be remembered as the greatest superstar never to have worked for the WWE and a one of the greatest of all time inspite of that fact. I think that him working for the WWE will probably spoil that aura about him a bit. Sometimes it's better to let the people salivate at the possibilities rather than actually go through with it.

Austin versus Hogan - greatest match ever? Love both these guys but greatest match ever? This match screams not living up to the hype. Hogan versus the Rock - the great one just got decimated by the immortal one, this one match re-energised Hogan in that the fans illustrated that they (for once) would not be forced to cheer Dwayne over their beloved Hulkamania. Sting deserves his place in the most recognised HoF and if he is going to be in WWe's HoF then he deserves to have a WWe segment of his career (no matter how brief), otherwise his place just feels false.

FitFinley4Life you hit the nail right on the head dude...love that post

Sting has so much charisma that kids will love him/hate him depending on what they do between Sting and Taker (assuming Sting vs Taker is the angle here) and parents, as well as WCW faithfuls and fans who actually PAY for the ppvs will tune in to see Sting vs Taker. WCW fans who hate Vince will buy WM bc Sting was bigger than the business at one point. Imagine if WCW won the Monday Night War and you hated WCW...you'd tune in years down the road to see Undertaker wrestle one match.

Lesnar also wouldnt put a lot of butts in the seats, he'd only excite people who watched him in WWE. No UFC fan who doesnt watch wrestling is going to buy WM just because Lesnar is on the show. UFC fans look at wrestling as "fake" so why would they purchase an event where the "heel" of UFC is going to be in a "fake" fight?

Hardcore wrestling fans will pay to watch Sting/Taker...its a dream match no matter what wrestling company was/is your favorite to watch. And maybe WWE will get lucky and get these fans who arent that interested in WWE anymore to start watching again...or even better, get their kids to start watching! lol

Sting all the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back