• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sting in WWE Alumni?

ScruffDog

Pre-Show Stalwart
So on WWE.com they announced that Shane and Steph McMahon were added to the WWE Alumni page. Out of curiosity I wanted to see who else was on this page, and I saw a few weird things.

First, RVD is on the page. I find this interesting because he's on TNA. No one else who left for TNA is on the page. No Jeff or Kurt or TAZ; so why RVD? It's just weird.

The weirdies is Sting is on the page. He's not a WWE Alumni at all. Why's he there? I don't get it.

Do you think we should read anything into these? How do they decide who goes on the Alumni page? Why is Sting on there at all? Do you find anyone else on the Alumni page interesting? What do you think?

This was a part of the deal that TNA made with WWE for Flair to appear at Hall of Fame/WM, they have to give TNA exposure via adding their former WWE stars to the Alumini page, so in short you shouldn't read anything into this.

well its becoz thing is worked for WCW and they owned all his work eg matchs and piks taken when he was in WCW, and as sting is so big in wrestling wwe use this as they no own WCW, TNA can not do anything about it, and with RVD he worked ECW and they use that still like selling ECW dvds and stuff thats why, but with kurt and jeff, they work for TNA and left on bad terms if i rember corectly, but i do think it is bad of wwe to use them and bring the hope to everyone wh likes wwe that sting and rvd will be back, but im sure RVD will be bck one day but as for sting i dont think he will ever work wwe ps sorry about the bad spelling and grammer, im not the best at it lol

Sting was a crucial part of WCW and because if its acquisition by the WWE he is now a part of the WWE alumni. I personally feel that Sting will have a short WWE run before the end of his career and then an induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

Do you think we should read anything into these?

Look harder at history.

How do they decide who goes on the Alumni page?

Don't know.

Why is Sting on there at all? Do you find anyone else on the Alumni page interesting? What do you think?

Didn't Sting work on the last episode of Nitro after Vince bought WCW? Might've been a one-night deal only, but he did technically work for WWE.

Do you find anyone else on the Alumni page interesting?

Only RVD.

Although Sting worked the last Monday Nitro, his contract was not owned by WWE. His contract was owned by AOL Time Warner. The same can be said for most main eventers in WCW. The main eventers either waited out their contract or took a buy out so they could work for Vince.

Yeah, Sting's been on the alumni page for about a month or so. I found it really weird that he was on there, seeing as he's never worked for WWE. So he is not an alumni, even if WWE does own the WCW stuff, it doesn't make him an alumni of WWE. Now if they would make a separate page for WCW Alumni or something. Then he could be on the page. :)

You've not been paying much attention to the world of wrestling as of late I suspect. All these additions have taken place within the last month, Sting and Rob Van Dam is reportedly due to the deal TNA worked out with WWE for Ric Flair to appear at the Hall of Fame; I say reportedly because nobody really has a clear reason for the additions, they could just be freshening up the alumni section.

And Sting appeared on a WWE owned telecast of WCW Nitro, the final Nitro ever so technically he can be considered a WWE Alumni or sorts. Either way WWE would add him, considering he is one of the biggest wrestlers of all-time, his legacy was built in WCW and WWE own WCW. It is only smart for business.

Well wCw is owned by wwe so they can do what they like. I found something really odd on wwe.com it showed an article saying that daivairi had signed for TNA. I was like wtf y they mentioning TNA so i guess wwe does whatever they like on wwe.com.

Technically he did work for Vince for one night. Also WCW became a part of WWE when Vince bought them.

Don't know if this is part of the TNA deal or not but either way it's a complement. At one point in time he was the most popular superstar. He deserves to be honored.

Although Sting worked the last Monday Nitro, his contract was not owned by WWE. His contract was owned by AOL Time Warner. The same can be said for most main eventers in WCW. The main eventers either waited out their contract or took a buy out so they could work for Vince.

his contract was owned by AOL but who owned the ring gear and were paying the staff that ran the final show and where was it televised? answer WWE programming. really he worked under the WWE banner for a week, WCW wouldn't have been bought ON THAT NIGHT it was done atleast a week ahead of time or they wouldn't have been able to organise the logistics of everyone being where they needed to be and Vince appearing at all.

So once again he may have not been getting paid by WWE but he was working in there newly owned brand for atleast 1 show with there paid employees (those that were taken on by WWE that is)

OMG OMG OMG OMG this means Sting is making his way to WWE OMG OMG ... Undertaker Vs Sting next year at wrestlemaina in confirmed. OMG OMG i love WWE Thank You.

Now that that retarted comment is out of the way. i wouldnt look into it to much just wwe putting up a profile on a guy from WCWs past and WWE owns WCW.

Sting was added to the alumni section because of the release of the clash of champions dvd it has nothing to do with a tna deal!!!

i love how wwe does that - claim the history of anyone who worked for a company whose video library they own. really, they didn't buy wcw - they bought it's history. what is funny though is they are not giving tna any exposure. according to sting's profile, his career ended when wcw closed. look back when they advertised Mick Foley's last book - they said the title but never once mentioned he was working for tna. but that is not surprising for wwe, they will ignore anything that they don't like.

Christ, Sting being on the WWE Alumni page is no different to inducting Verne Gagne or Lou Thesz in to their Hall of Fame. WWE bought WCW, so they own their history, and video library, so to see any Sting footage from WCW ever again, it will have a WWE lgo on the bottom of the screen. It is po wrestlng dammit, and WWE are the only major company left in North America. TNA and ROH do not come anywhere near being counted as competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back