Sting... Crazy Gimmick Working?

jccool420

JC CooL 420
I thought the Sting and Hogan segment last night was fantastic and Sting has almost added a new side to his character and I really like it... it was cool as hell to see him smear the face paint on Hogan and the reasoning behind it made it a great moment in my eyes...

I liked when he put the paint on Anderson too, but the meaning behind it wasn't nearly as strong...

It seems he is turning from the Crow into the Joker...

Do you like Sting's new edge?

What will br the pay off? Will Hogan turn on Bischoff and bring the red and yellow to TNA? Or will we see Sting vs Hogan?

Other thoughts?

Absolutely it's working. Sting has one of the strongest and most recognizable personalities in all of professional wrestling history, let alone in TNA.

I love this character development with him painting masks on his enemies who he feels are using a façade to hide their true selves — it's Crusader Sting with a splash of The Joker.

Not sure what the payoff here will be or is, but I'd imagine it'll culminate with some kind of Sting/Hogan showdown, likely at Bound For Glory, which will be an incredible bout to watch, despite their age. Those are two of the biggest names in wrestling history, and two of the largest personalities to boot. Having them clash one more time is likely to be an epic, epic event.

Absolutely it's working. Sting has one of the strongest and most recognizable personalities in all of professional wrestling history, let alone in TNA.

I love this character development with him painting masks on his enemies who he feels are using a façade to hide their true selves — it's Crusader Sting with a splash of The Joker.

Not sure what the payoff here will be or is, but I'd imagine it'll culminate with some kind of Sting/Hogan showdown, likely at Bound For Glory, which will be an incredible bout to watch, despite their age. Those are two of the biggest names in wrestling history, and two of the largest personalities to boot. Having them clash one more time is likely to be an epic, epic event.

No doubt, one last showdown would be EPIC...

I just hope TNA would be smart enough to spend the extra money on advertising and make it feel like the showdown it should be and for God's sake, it better not be in the Impact Zone...

The in ring quality wont be there but the nostalgia factor will be there... the story just needs to be done perfectly to make up for the lack on in ring quality and I don't mean adding twenty runins to the match...

I love it! They should be giving all the TNA roster more of a character. (If they don't have one already)

They are doing a great job in creating characters. Whereas the wwe seems to be trying to make everyone into the same person.

No doubt, one last showdown would be EPIC...

I just hope TNA would be smart enough to spend the extra money on advertising and make it feel like the showdown it should be and for God's sake, it better not be in the Impact Zone...

The in ring quality wont be there but the nostalgia factor will be there... the story just needs to be done perfectly to make up for the lack on in ring quality and I don't mean adding twenty runins to the match...

yeah, real epic to see 2 has beens go at it. Especially Hogan who is a basically a cripple...

loving stings character, seems like a crazy psycho maniac and it feels perfect for the stinger. If anyone here is a gamer...I'm sure you saw e3. Hulkster had an interview about his game and let out some wrestling info. This'll def see a face turn imo

yeah, real epic to see 2 has beens go at it. Especially Hogan who is a basically a cripple...

Bret Hart is basically a cripple too, but he was just in a match at wrestlemania...

We know it won't be a good match, but it would be Col to see them tell us a stoRy in the ring one more time...

Trust me, I am usually a Hogan hater and usually would be against him Wrestling, but that segment last night made me think that there would be a cool spark to this match...

I don't think he's doing a crazy gimmick, he's just playing a really, really angry version of Sting. What he did was good, what he was saying was true. What is Hogan's legacy?

I didn't even get the whole face paint thing, but hey, at least it was red to match Hulk's colors. I also see an evident Hulk Hogan face turn coming, he didn't seem very heel-ish at all last night.

i like sting's edge on impact last night, it was great. i think it will lead hogan to turn face short term and then turn on sting for one last match.

I have always loved it when Sting had an edge. When he was feuding with Ric Flair (88-92) he was a beast, then with the Wolfpack, then now. In my opinion those were the times when he had an edge and the presence and intensity he brought were just outstanding.

Thanks for starting this thread because it shows I wasn't the only one who really enjoyed that segment.

He brought so much passion behind this segment and said probably what most are thinking. And I've been noticing that more lately in TNA. It shows they're paying attention whether Bischoff wants to admit it or not. What kind if legacy does Hulk want to be known for? Hogan deserves some credit as he sold this for them both. The look on his face with that paint was priceless lol.

I hope the payoff becomes the return of Red and Yellow. It's what he is mainly recognized for. If it happens then they are showing that Immortal has become a little too much. It was refreshing not having Immortal shoved down our throats AND overall they went back to basics with simple effective booking.

I hope Impact continues to grow and with segments like this they should be well on their way.

I like the gimmick but I dont think it's about Sting being crazy rather than it is Sting being fed up with Immortal in Impact. As for someone saying Hogan-Sting at BFG would be epic, no it wouldn't it would be a shithole to see sting vs hogan in a match, someone even said it would be like Bret vs Vince at mania which was a clusterfuck. Hogan straping in the boots at this point in his career is unnecesary i'd
rather see Sting vs Flair.

I enjoyed the segment and indeed the last hour or so of the show last night.

I quite like the sort of crazed thing Sting is doing, although I'm a huge Sting fan so that's no surprise. I think a problem will arise however if this turns out to be a heel turn for Sting. If he's going to continue grabbing Hogan and basically physically bullying him, in my mind these days that's a face thing to do. Hogan has that go away heat, so if they're trying to turn Sting by virtue of what he's going to do to Hogan, it won't work. Or maybe Sting will just become a slightly mental face, and Hogan will turn face as well.

Either way, I wouldn't see one last match as a bad thing. When Sting had the strap I was fearing his final meeting with Hogan would have the belt on the line, but now Sting isn't the champion I don't have a problem with it. Sell the match properly, don't have it in the Impact Zone and let Sting win clean. Job done.

I thought it was pretty good. As for other post about Sting and Hogan being passed their prime, I'd rather watch an over the hill Sting/ Hogan match then a Cena Miz match, or Jackson/Barrett match.

I thought it was pretty good. As for other post about Sting and Hogan being passed their prime, I'd rather watch an over the hill Sting/ Hogan match then a Cena Miz match, or Jackson/Barrett match.

Really? Really? REALLY? Over Miz and Cena? I respect the fact that you may love Hogan and Stinger, I did when I was a kid, still do, but no I wouldn't want to see Hogan lace them up with anyone. He's done, should be done and it should stay that way. Hogan will always tease entering the ring again but after the last match he had he should give it a rest.

I think this can be a great main event for BFG. TNA really hasn't had a solid main event scene since Hogan and Bichoff took over. They need a big match to headline and this is it. I hope they plan it carefully like Triple H and Taker did at Mania. Taker and Triple H are way past their primes and had a fantastic match, Hogan and Sting are capable of the same if they put the time and effort into it.

I think this match is a lock, what I'm curious about is how it will go down. This week Hogan looked like a scarred puppy. I hope over the next few weeks he just absolutely snaps. "THIS IS MY DAMN COMPANY, AND I WONT BE TREATED LIKE THAT!" kind of stuff would be great.

Pissed off Hogan vs Crazy ass Sting. I'd pay to see that. I just only hope it's a clean finish. I don't care who wins, just for the love of god make it a clean win.

Really? Really? REALLY? Over Miz and Cena? I respect the fact that you may love Hogan and Stinger, I did when I was a kid, still do, but no I wouldn't want to see Hogan lace them up with anyone. He's done, should be done and it should stay that way. Hogan will always tease entering the ring again but after the last match he had he should give it a rest.

Really. THe Miz has improved greatly over the last few years but a main event participant? Roddy Piper he aint. And Cena, no, Cena is annoying. He is like the William Shattner of Professional Wrest...up sorry, Sports Entertainment *Gags*.

Hogan and Sting have the ring psychology together to make shit shine, Cena and Miz dont, they arent as good on their best days as Sting is now and Hogan should be able to go just enough to do one last match without dieing in the ring.

Oh please, the Hogan Sting thing must stop. People act as if Hogan was moving like AJ Styles back in his prime, in the 1800's or whatever. Hogan has always been a snail in the ring, he's always been clumsy and overall not the greatest wrestler on the planet. Now? Now he's even worse, but to say that I wouldn't want to see him square off against The Stinger would be a blatant lie. Hell, WWE gave us a Piper - Snuka showdown at Royal Rumble 2008 or whatever it was, and the crowd was popping like crazy even though it was short. We've seen Piper "wrestle" maybe 3-4 times in the last couple of years, he's got some hardware installed in him as well, he ate a bag pipe, and people still pop for him and he's fun to watch.

Look, the match will most likely blow monkey tits. Being a classic showdown featuring athleticism and fast pace is not its purpose. It's nostalgia, it's psychology, it's Hogan vs Sting one more time. Trust me, the casual fans out there would enjoy this match for what it will be, if it ever happens, and so will I.

Believe it or not there are a lot of wrestling fans out there who didn't grow up watching the WWF. They grew up watching WCW and to them Sting and Hogan is perhaps as iconic as Austin vs Rock for the Attitude Era WWF fans.

Regardless of their age, regardless of their status, this match will sell like a motherfucker, like it or not. Hogan doesn't have to take too many bumps. He's the bigger guy. Sting can do all the running around, take most of the damage, play it out as if Hogan's dominating and then the courageous face pulls through and beats the bad guy.

Personally, I hope this happens it's going to be quite the treat for a lot of fans out there.

Believe it or not there are a lot of wrestling fans out there who didn't grow up watching the WWF. They grew up watching WCW and to them Sting and Hogan is perhaps as iconic as Austin vs Rock for the Attitude Era WWF fans.
That is true. We had TBS and the wrestling I watched was whatever they had on there. After I got USA and could watch WWE/F I personally couldn't get into the whole Hulk Hogan thing. Along with Sgt. Slaughter and the Iron Sheik it just made me want to turn the channel fast.

Before this weeks iMPACT, I thought the Sting/Hogan thing was getting
"Boring" and "Stale". Then backstage segment, which I thought was amazing, happened. Sting going crazy, and questioning Hogans legacy. I thought it was awesome.
Stings laugh... Pretty awesome.
Now a match between them doesn't sound half bad.

And I loved the look on Hogans face after Sting left the room.
Hogan- "WTF brother.."

I like this darker side of Sting they have showed the last couple of weeks and am curious to see how far they will go into changing his gimmick, if thats what they are doing or if it's just frustration on his part for the way things have gone down lately. I know thay wont turn him heel because it has never worked before, but the darker side makes him real interesting again.(IMO)

As for a match between him and HH not sure I can see that happening since Hogan looks shakey just walking down to the ring. Would I like to see it sure, if it is possible that Hogan is fully healed from all the back surgeries and can take some minor bumps. I'll watch just for the nostalgia factor since I'm an old NWA/wCw fan.

Oh please, the Hogan Sting thing must stop. People act as if Hogan was moving like AJ Styles back in his prime, in the 1800's or whatever. Hogan has always been a snail in the ring, he's always been clumsy and overall not the greatest wrestler on the planet. Now? Now he's even worse, but to say that I wouldn't want to see him square off against The Stinger would be a blatant lie. Hell, WWE gave us a Piper - Snuka showdown at Royal Rumble 2008 or whatever it was, and the crowd was popping like crazy even though it was short. We've seen Piper "wrestle" maybe 3-4 times in the last couple of years, he's got some hardware installed in him as well, he ate a bag pipe, and people still pop for him and he's fun to watch.

Look, the match will most likely blow monkey tits. Being a classic showdown featuring athleticism and fast pace is not its purpose. It's nostalgia, it's psychology, it's Hogan vs Sting one more time. Trust me, the casual fans out there would enjoy this match for what it will be, if it ever happens, and so will I.

Regardless of their age, regardless of their status, this match will sell like a motherfucker, like it or not. Hogan doesn't have to take too many bumps. He's the bigger guy. Sting can do all the running around, take most of the damage, play it out as if Hogan's dominating and then the courageous face pulls through and beats the bad guy.

Personally, I hope this happens it's going to be quite the treat for a lot of fans out there.

Compared to Cena/Miz, Sting/Hogan would be epic. The match wont be spectacular, let's not get carried away but Sting is still, at this age (54 I think) better than Cena or the Miz. I have never thought Miz was a Main Event Character, and Cena is just not that entertaining.

Yes, Super Cena is going to get his ass kicked for 30 minutes and pop up like nothing ever happened, we get it, at least Hogan could sell beatings with the best of them. Cena shakes his head, his arm, stays down catching his breath for a couple seconds before getting up.

Hogan now, Hogan for all of the pure in ring talent he never had can sell a beating. King Kong Bundy, Savage, Piper, Bam Bam, Paul Orndorff, they beat the dog out of Hogan and he sold it all perfectly, and even when he hulked up like with The Rock, Brock Lesner, Warrior, Piper, and a few others it wasn't always a guaranteed win.

With Cena anything short of him getting hit by a dump truck is a win when he pops up. I have seen him no sell so much it isn't even worth mentioning.

Hogan/Sting would be a far better match than Cena/Miz, and that in itself is sad.

I'm not buying it. People are trying but I'm not buying. You really think Hogan and Sting would work? I don't fuckin think so. Would it sell? There's no question. I'm not dumb but should they? No, not Hogan anyway. But he'll do whatever the fuck he wants whether it's good or bad.

And to say you would rather see Hogan and Sting then Cena and the Miz, you're really saying some ignorant shit. The only reason it would sell is because of their names and names only. It says a lot about them as icons and legends. But it's a train wreck waiting to happen. "Let Sting take most of the bumps and let the face rise up and get his win." Do you hear yourself? You want one person to do all the bumping yet that's suppose to be a good match?

Really?...Really?...REALLY?

I am no where near a huge Cena or Miz fan but they're entertaining. You say they can't but more people know they CAN fuckin wrestle. You have a problem with booking not those 2 wrestlers. They can put on a better match than Hogan and Sting because they BOTH can take bumps and feed off each other. I know the Miz is not as big of a name as Sting , Hogan, and even Cena. But there's nothing to suggest they can't have a better match. They may not draw mote but it'll be better in ring work.

Just because Piper and other legends have come by and taken their bumps does not mean they did anything spectacular. I would believe your credibility if the reason you wanted to see them was it's 2 icons walking into a clusterfuck then to say they would be better then most. You're sadly mistaken.

I guess I get the whole "mask" angle of this but I have to wonder what the end result is supposed to be here? Hogan turning face? Or Sting turning heel? (not likely that Sting will turn) So if it means Hogan is going to wrestle at the next PPV, is that in keeping with the "wrestling matters" mantra of TNA? I'm not complaining here, just trying to understand how this storyline coincides with the new direction of wrestling mattering, when clearly any match with Sting and Hogan will have very little "wrestling." Hogan, God bless him, is barely able to walk, much less wrestle. Sting is in his 50's and though he's capable in the ring, doesn't move nearly as well as he used to. So I'm wondering how this match will be booked. Hogan puts Sting over in less than 10 minutes of actual wrestling, then Sting gives him a hand up, and they shake hands as Hogan bows out of the wrestling ring for good, then turns face the next Impact? A return of "say your prayers, take your vitamins Hulkster?"

If so, is that good for Hogan as he goes head to head with Bischoff, Immortal (if they even exist then?), and the heel characters like Bully Ray?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back