• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sting returns in Wölfpac colors...

Dear sweet lord no I really hope that TNA doesn't think they can reform the Wolfpac and have it duplicate even 1 1,000,000,000th of the success as the WCW original nWo Wolfpac.
This has disaster written all over it. Even if Sting does reform the group having already done the Wolfpac gimmick before it is essentially moronic of anyone in TNA to do this. But then again what do you expect from TNA!? I mean we've had this pathetic attempt at the 4 horsemen, "the band", now potentially "The Wolfpac"...oh yeah and an "ECW invasion"...Right now the real problem is TNA can't think of anything on their own. It seems like all they want to do is piggyback on previous successes. Everything they've tried to do so far has blown up in their face. All-be-it this TNA thing MIGHT be good, guess what.. IT'S BEEN DONE. TNA has always and will always be known as THE MINOR LEAGUES of professional wrestling. Can't cut it in the WWE? Can't get a break from Vinnie Mac? No problem! just jump ship to TNA, win a worthless TNA title, then once Vinnie sees that you are gaining fans, resign with the WWE. Plain and simple.

Can the Wolfpac be successful: Doubtful
Will TNA try it: Definitely
Will Hogan be at the front of the line instead of some smaller star getting a decent push: Most certainly
Will this turn into another BORING Hogan vs. Sting match where Sting has to basically carry a crippled ass Hogan through a dreadfully useless match: All signs point to yes.

Does TNA have the potential to be something big if Dixie smartens up and removes Hogan from TNA: ABSOLUTELY. Bischoff & Russo together can come up with some decent stuff. The all important key is to make Paul Heyman a HUUUUGE $/creative control offer that even he can't turn down and they can do something big with this.

What's next for TNA? Are we going to see the J.O.B Squad reunite!? I mean hell they've got Al Snow, Scorpio, now all we need is the Blue Meany and Hardcore Holly :lol:

ok first off i wanna say this dont try to bring them back reason why.1 dixie carter she know nothing about the industry and trusts anyone and they screw her over she needs to hire someone who really knows wrestling. and is in it to help tna not just line the pockets from a woman who cant stop twitting for 1 min with empty promises to turn around and see who is stabbing her in the back.2 vince russo he couldnt come up with an orginal idea even if he had an apphinay or whatever you call it. 3. they take anything good they have for example 6 sided ring and replace it for a regular ring also 6 sides of steel for crappy regular tag matches that require taggin in the cage. 4 they take their great talent and put them 2nd place for wwe scraps not including jeff hardy the pope and mr anderson. and give oldies who cant wrestle anymore center stage such as rick flair, hulk hogan (scott hall who cant wrestle without being drunk). thats why they shouldnt bring the wolf pack back put jay lethal in the top spot

yea i agree with most posters on this subject...reforming the wolfpac would be a very bad idea.

firstly, who all is left from the original wolpac? sting and nash? yea thats it, the rest are dead or retired.

2nd, i guess they are going to be heels, and if so who to feud with? hulk hogan? it isnt like theres gonna be a large face stable to oppose them.

and finally leave the old 1990s WCW angles alone, they got enough good wrestlers and ideas to not have to rehash old ideas that worked back then.

I've read some of the stupidest responses i've read in months here, ahem KoC417. I really think some of the posters here missed the boat or couldn't have been born yet and don't understand anything about the history of wrestling. WCW copied almost all of WWE's old ideas and tried to make them their own 15 years ago before the NWO angle. All of the copying made sense to wrestling fans: it was familiar and it was a natural progression of what should have happened in WWF but didn't. Fans were drawn to WCW because it made wrestling make sense again and linked the past guys with the present. That present ended up becoming the future and now that future is aging and needs to be linked up with today's present stars that will be the future of wrestling.

Today, in 2010, we have Eric Bischoff revisiting the old formula of 1994-1995. He's trying to make wrestling make sense again and after the past few Impacts I'd say this formula is working. Great TV, movies, music, revisits old ways of doing things and puts a new spin on things and this is how most become successful; whether you realize that or not. Musicians who can piece together the past and put a new contemporary interpretation of it together in the present are the ones who are successful in the music business i.e. Eminem, Amy Winehouse, Jonas Bros., Lady Gaga, etc. Those who ignore the past and try to create something that makes no sense based only on something insignificant fail, i.e. most 80's hair metal bands.

Anyway, I've read some god awful responses: one poster said TNA couldn't ever come close to duplicating the success of the original Wolfpac. Ha! Were you even watching 12 years ago? The Wolfpac was popular but lasted less than a year. The Wolfpac angle had enormous potential but was not pulled off right. It was regarded as a bit of a failure but it should have worked. So the angle is being revisited. I'd argue that TNA could pull of the Wolfpac angle since the angle did not get pulled off right the first time around. (whereas the NWO black and white could never ever 1 1,000,000,000,000 be duplicated. Still doesn't mean it can't be revisited from time to time).

TNA haters are so stupid with their criticisms sometimes, it's almost like they recycle old arguments made by other TNA bashers, just like TNA recycles old angles by WWE and WCW, to make them their own. The problem with their criticisms is that THEY ARE ALSO NOTHING NEW. I love how one poster said TNA's copying of WWE and WCW angles has 'blown up in their face". Ha. Could have fooled me! TNA has improved vastly in the past 9 months and they have really built up something worth watching. I also hear posters trashing Fortune but could it be any worse than Flair's previous group Evolution?? Can the ECW invasion be any worse than the NXT crap? I don't think so. And for some dipshits here who don't like gimmicks, jump off a cliff next time the WWE propaganda machine tells you to. Wrestling history is full of gimmicks, it's only been the past 5 years of PG era crap that this straight up boring wrestling without gimmicks began. It's tiresome, it's trying to rip off the UFC formula and it's not coming close to creating a new wrestling fanbase. I'd argue Vinnie Mac and Co. are smart enough to realize they don't need to expand the wrestling audience to make huge money, so they stifle any possible competition by creating a stale wresting environment and overtime anything out of the ordinary like the NXT angle drives everyone wild. With almost a monopoly, WWE can dictate to impressionable wrestling fans what they think without them even realizing. WWE owns the history of wrestling, distorts history to suit themselves, and they know that naive WWE smarks who weren't watching 20 years old will always watch and defend them no matter what PG wrestling shit they put out.

Another thing that really bothers me is the mythology of Paul Heyman. Any wrestling fan who thinks signing Paul Heyman to a HUUUUGE $/creative offer and giving him 100 percent control is absolutely nuts. Heyman could and would drive TNA into the ground. No one man should ever be given complete control of anything, look what happened in Germany during WW2. Turning TNA into a dictatorship by handing the reigns over to the vastly overrated Paul Heyman is what actually has disaster written all over it. Only a WWE smark who wants to see TNA fail would say such a thing. Only a WWE smark who feels threatened by TNA and deep down doesn't believe TNA will remain the minor leagues of wrestling but severely wants them to be would say such a thing. Paul Heyman was successful with ECW for a little less than a year. Big deal. He was at the right place at the right time. Without all the guys who made ECW what it was, Heyman would be nothing. They made him, it wasn't the other way around.

Anyway, as an old school wrestling fan I believe TNA should recycle old angles, make wrestling make sense again by revisiting wrestling history. When they have established some sense of the past, the fanbase should be there and that is when they should start building up their own angles with fresh new ideas. There is nothing wrong with revisiting the past to get wrestling to make sense again for all those turned off wrestling fans who years ago quit watching.

*****I agree with ilapierre COMPLETELY!!! WELL said!! ....Bottom line, the Wolfpac angle NEEDS to be worked, and ESPECIALLY with Sting involved. Keep in mind, back when he was figured into the Wolfpac system back in 98, he was not active for most of its lifespan because of "injury". The Wolfpac faction did NOT get to utilize stings character as it should have at the time. By the time he returned, all storylines had gotten out of hand, including Goldbergs. Heres a thought. Is Savage still around?? Even if not as an active in ring performer, hed be excellent coming back as a "spokesperson" for the Wolfpac. Remember, before his death, Rick Rude blended in quite well in that position with the original nWo roster with just his presence. Randy Savage could do TRIPLE that with his...imagine the ratings!!....But simply put, regardless, the Wolfpacs rebirth needs to happen for the simple fact that the WWE's NEXUS storyline has taken off a lot better than MANY expected it too, and picked up entirely too much ground in a short period of time!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back