Some Sin Cara news.

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Sin Cara's first few months in WWE have been rockier than expected, with WWE officials being dissatisfied thus far with the Mexican wrestling star's in-ring work, namely, his ability to wrestle the "WWE style." A number of measures have been to protect Sin Cara reputation, including moving him to SmackDown (a taped show, where botched moves can be edited out easier) and the recent signing of one of Sin Cara's greatest rivals from Mexico, Averno.

As the first superstar signed to WWE under Triple H's overhauled talent development division, many believe that he's been cut more slack that most would get because he is Triple H's pet project. Cara is said to be frustrated with having to learn a new style of wrestling, but is grateful that he is considered 'protected' for the time being.

Sin Cara and Chavo Guerrero had a lousy match at Over The Limit, and Chavo is the one who took all the heat for being unable to carry Cara. - Nodq

Triple H as the head of talent division and future booker of WWE worries me. Not that I think think Mystico's signing was a bad thing. On paper, it was a smart move. I just think since then they've done a number of dumb things.
His music, his attire, how he's been pushed, his stupid trampoline entrance.
He's a mexican hero so I think first off, there might be a cultural divide. In Mexico, I think he was suppose to be a religious type character (which is why his theme is like a gregorian chant.) But I don't think WWE will ever add that to his Sin Cara character. Also, I don't think the name Sin Cara is that catchy.

I don't think WWE needs to find the next Mysterio, I think they need a division where mexican and smaller type wrestlers can face one another.
I don't see that happening though.

Anyway, back to Triple H. I think he will end up making a lot of decisions that sound smart to begin with, but don't work out in the long run. He'll probably be like Russo in that he'll need some one to filter his ideas. I think he already has been getting into Vince's ear and steering him away from good ideas.

Anyway, do you still have faith in Sin Cara and what do you think of Triple H running the talent division and signing new guys?

I have faith in Sin Cara. But then again, I'm not obsessed with the WWE style.

On normal occasions WWE sign a wrestler and send them to Florida to learn the WWE style of wrestling. They decided to not do that this time, and it's obvious when you watch Mitsico wrestle that he's not like everyone else.

How do you expect a guy who wrestled in Mexico for over a decade to come in and immediately start churning out performance after performance. That's like you being signed to work at McDonald's making burgers but they don't tell you how to use the grill!

Some people haven't seen his work in Mexico, and he's far better than what he's showing. The guy is still learning the ropes of being in the WWE, and the decision to bring in Averno might be a smarter one than first persumed, as at least with him the guy can work his full style and not a watered down version, and finally shut some people the fuck up.

As for Triple H, being compared to Russo is probably the biggest insult Paul has ever had. And hes had a few thrown at him over his time. We can give a proper synopsis of his work yet as he has only had two people come to the main roster since he took charge, and they have both been in the middle. Kharma was actually making the Diva's division interesting, sadly she forgot that sex without a condom means you have a baby and a baby means you can't do your job.

When Triple H has brought up a good five guys, then maybe some sort of description can be made of his job performance, judging him off a guy who was bigger in his country than John Cena is in America, who can't speak English, whose being criticized even though he was never sent to development to learn the style they want him to is an unfair point to use.

Mistico still has more than enough time to become "over" or at least big. He still has something to do with Averno, he's probably maybe on the level of Bryan Danielson the second biggest face on Smackdown now and there is this much anticipated match everyone is having a wet dream over between he and Mysterio. Faith is something I defintely have in the guy.

As for Triple H's job analysis based on two people, one of which is knocked up, I've already given my thoughts on it. When a few more are brought up under his guidance we'll see what kind of a job he's doing.

I like Triple H's style. He is trying to get over some of the guys as characters by adding a few unique things to them. He should continue doing so even if the Cara experiment fails.

I've had something I've wanted to post and this thread is kind of intertwined with that idea, which is why my OP looks rushed.

The thing is, Sin Cara is not meant for the WWE style. They're bringing in Averno so Sin Cara can work his "full-style" which is why I said the WWE needs a division for those type of guys, like the cruiser weight division. Sin Cara won't be the same using the WWE style. Though that won't happen. Sin Cara's opponents will be facing Sheamus, Ziggler, McIntyre, Orton, Swagger etc We've already seen what things will end up like b/c we've already seen the career of Rey Mysterio. Both guys wrestle better against other luchadores but can have good matches against the smaller skilled wrestlers as well (or at least that's the hope for Sin Cara.) Just Sin Cara's move set is a bit different then Rey's and it's hard for me to see him becoming as popular as Rey.

What I was blaming development for was everything else. And yes, not keeping him in development as well was their mistake (I didn't wanna mention it b/c I wanted Sin Cara in the WWE asap as well.) That's what I meant about making mistakes that seem smart to begin with. WWE should have gotten him use to their style first, but is it their style we want to see him using?

The simple answer to me is that he is a luchador and should be facing other luchadores/good in ring performers for the most part, but the whole thing gets more difficult because I think the current state of WWE must also be discussed.

Btw, it would have been awesome to have been a fly on the wall when Vince heard Kharma was pregnant. She gets the biggest break of her life, a huge push in the WWE, and she goes and gets fucking pregnant ...

:disappointed:

As for Triple H, I'm not really judging him on Sin Cara. I just know that people within the industry have questioned his wrestling mind before knowing he will one day take over.
I would of rathered Shane O Mac! And I think the Averno signing was the smartest thing they could of done.

My philosophy for WWE and TNA (which is a thread I've been wanting to write) is that smaller wrestlers/luchadores/indy guys etc, their value is in them as a whole. If WWE were to hire Necro Butcher(never gonna happen), he would not fit into the current WWE. Current guys would have to step up their hardcore game and/or you'd have to bring in others who are accustomed to that style of wrestling.

To me, the name Chris Sabin means nothing unless you add Amazing Red, Christopher Daniels, Kazarian (dude needs a name change as well, guess it's to late), Petey Williams and a number of other guys from ROH or wherever else who can make the X Division robust and healthy. And once it is healthy, it would serve well as the first hour of a three hour show of Impact Wrestling, or even scattered throughout the show.

Sin Cara doesn't speak english, so all he can do is impress in the ring. I don't think more gimmick matches would hurt Sin Cara or wrestling in general either.

As for him being the Jesus of wrestling, how are the WWE fans suppose to know this?
I'm not blaming him, that's why I said there's a cultural divide. I don't think WWE will ever address him as some religious type wrestler. It's like they want Mystico, but they have changed a few key things about him.

Sorry if some of my posting is screwy. English is my second language.
Good, English is a language that some old woman teach me at school.

I want Sin Cara having a tone of feud before he reaches any championship!

If Sin Cara ever gets blamed, it would be wrong. It would be WWE's fault for it's inability to have it's wrestlers adapt to other styles. WWE might be worldwide, but there are still many other styles across the world. They can't limit themselves to one simple style for convenience.

If Sin Cara ever gets blamed, it would be wrong. It would be WWE's fault for it's inability to have it's wrestlers adapt to other styles. WWE might be worldwide, but there are still many other styles across the world. They can't limit themselves to one simple style for convenience.

It's kind of similar to the whole "This is America, we speak English here," debate. Should Americans learn to speak some Spanish so they can more easily communicate with immigrants? Yes, but the immigrants should learn to speak English fluently.

Similarly, yes, the WWE wrestlers should try to learn some tips and tricks to wrestling lucha libre style, but it's Sin Cara's job to try and learn WWE style wrestling, as it IS the WWE, not AAA or CMLL.

It's kind of similar to the whole "This is America, we speak English here," debate. Should Americans learn to speak some Spanish so they can more easily communicate with immigrants? Yes, but the immigrants should learn to speak English fluently.

Similarly, yes, the WWE wrestlers should try to learn some tips and tricks to wrestling lucha libre style, but it's Sin Cara's job to try and learn WWE style wrestling, as it IS the WWE, not AAA or CMLL.

The difference between America and WWE is that the US doesn't move. People go to it. WWE went to Sin Cara but instead of adapting to the guy they went to get, they want him to adapt to them. If it were a matter of Sin Cara wanting try-outs to join WWE then yes, it would be understandable. But it was the other way around.

The difference between America and WWE is that the US doesn't move. People go to it. WWE went to Sin Cara but instead of adapting to the guy they went to get, they want him to adapt to them. If it were a matter of Sin Cara wanting try-outs to join WWE then yes, it would be understandable. But it was the other way around.

Yes, but the WWE's majority of time is spent in the United States, and they only spend a little a week or two at a time outside the US. Think of it as a vacation, a family would traditionally learn a few words and phrases, but not the entire dictionary.

And I don't think the WWE realized how hard the transition would be when they hired him, but remember, they didn't put a gun to his head and made him sign the contract. He agreed to come to the WWE just as the WWE agreed to take him in. The burden to learn a new style is on Sin Cara, not the entire WWE roster.

Yes, but the WWE's majority of time is spent in the United States, and they only spend a little a week or two at a time outside the US. Think of it as a vacation, a family would traditionally learn a few words and phrases, but not the entire dictionary.

And I don't think the WWE realized how hard the transition would be when they hired him, but remember, they didn't put a gun to his head and made him sign the contract. He agreed to come to the WWE just as the WWE agreed to take him in. The burden to learn a new style is on Sin Cara, not the entire WWE roster.

I agree with you that it is his responsibility to become fluent in English, however I would like to say that WWE should have at least trained him a bit in their style before debuting him. Now that that hasn't happened I guess its all on him.

I agree with you that it is his responsibility to become fluent in English, however I would like to say that WWE should have at least trained him a bit in their style before debuting him. Now that that hasn't happened I guess its all on him.

I hate this smiley, but there is no other one applicable right now.

:lmao:

I never said he should become fluent in English (though he should), I was making a comparison of him learning the WWE style vs. the WWE adapting to him.

Another apt comparison, if an NFL team brings in a new running back or wide receiver or even quarterback, the team isn't going to change their entire offensive scheme to accommodate that player. They might design a couple of plays to utilize that player more effectively, but they wouldn't redesign the entire playbook.

:lol2:

Oops JGlass.

I thought you meant the English thing from this part, don't know why. The english is my only problem with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back