• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So why is the Miz a heel?

Actually the reports after The Miz won the Money in the Bank was that Cole's words were directly from VKM. What did Cole say oh yea "There he is, the future of RAW, The Miz." And That was reported by Wrestlezones own Nick Paglino. One thing on this note...most of the crap that comes out of announcers mouths come directly from Vince himself, why do you think they wear those damn earphones with their mics.

Yes, I know Vince had Michael Cole say that when announcing, but even though it's Vince's words, "The future face of RAW" coming out of the mouth of the on air personality of Michael Cole, is by no means a confirmation by Vince McMahon that The Miz will be the new face of the company, he's jokingly said the same thing about Juventud Guerrera.

Even if Vince does (or did) actually feel that way, he changes his mind about talent all the time. The original plan was for Jimmy Snuka to be the face of the company in the 90's, not Hulk Hogan. Steve Austin was only brought in to be a mechanic, not the biggest star WWE has ever seen.

Just because Vince once said something, indirectly and through proxy doesn't mean he's telling us which way he's taking his company

I don't think Miz could work as a face. People like him because he isn't a babyface that wins using completely clean tactics and such, much as Austin in the late 90s. In other words, it's becuse he doesn't relate to people like John Cena(not dissing Cena, just telling it like it his). He started from the bottom of the barrel and worked his way up to the top, and now he brags about it everytime he has the chance with that cocky attitude, which he deserves to. If he made his rise to the top as a face, people would hate him for the same reason they hate Cena, for being a good guy that made his way to the top and did it the old fashioned way, which for some reason people just can't get behind anymore. But yeah, I can see Miz being a future face becuse eventually WWE won't be able to ignore those cheers he gets sometimes, but for now he's doing great as a heel.

because when he turns face you guys are just gonna turn on him like everyone else
he will not be nearly as good as a face and then you guys are gonna start complaining about him.
but he just screams heel! imagine him trying to engage the crowd as a face, i really can't. and also him being face means him winning matches cleany and i really can't buy that. i much prefer him cheating to win.

because when he turns face you guys are just gonna turn on him like everyone else
he will not be nearly as good as a face and then you guys are gonna start complaining about him.
but he just screams heel! imagine him trying to engage the crowd as a face, i really can't. and also him being face means him winning matches cleany and i really can't buy that. i much prefer him cheating to win.

I once felt very similarly about the Rock. His character was such a great a$$hole. I thought a faceturn would ruin that. But then he did turn face and was still an a$$hole and he made it work. Not saying the Miz is anywhere near the level of Rocky at his prime, but I think that's the only way it could work. He would still have to be an arrogant narcissistic prick, albeit a cool one.

And him winning more matches cleanly will indeed be a bit of a gap in logic there, but whatever. It's fake wrestling. Kurt Angle couldn't get a single clean win during his first run as champion, either, and yet when he became a babyface and started destroying his opponents the fans had no quarrel with that. Again not saying the Miz is on Kurt's level, just that such transitions are possible.

He'll probably turn face at some point in the future and I have no doubt that he'd be able to pull it off. People said the same things about Shawn Michaels & Chris Jericho, who were as much of douche bags as The Miz's character, but it's not going to be anytime soon nor should it be. Net fans can hate on Miz if they want but the fact of the matter is that he's one of the most over heels in wrestling right now. Bitch and moan about his look or whatever all you like, but you can't deny that what Miz is doing is working.

The Miz isn't broken so don't try to fix him.

Vince and company have a serious hard-on for Miz, so I think his face turn is inevitable. However, I'm not sure it's a great idea.

I'm sure, initially, fans would accept it. But Miz has one glaring weakness; wrestling. He's just not that great in the ring. I think Cena catches a lot of unnecessary shit for how bad he is in the ring, but that's a huge part of the reason a portion of fans hate the guy (YOU CAN'T WRESTLE chants are evidence of this, in case anyone wants to tell me these fans have completely different reasons).

It's going to happen, a Miz face turn, at some point. It's rare for a top guy to stay in one spot for his entire career. But, if I were a betting man, his "pops" wouldn't last. I think the crowd would eventually turn on him. Maybe not, it's just a guess.

his character only works AS A HEEL if u change him face then he lose the MIZ part of being the MIZ. Miz does all that out of WWE but inside hes the MIZ he will not turn face anytime soon and not now that there lacking some heel main power in the roster.

Miz is a heel because that's what he's best at right now. He WILL turn face in good time. He's too likable not to. But the reason he's not now is because...

1. It's a little early to tread in those waters.

and

2. John Cena is still the top babyface. When Cena finally makes that long awaited heel turn, then I imagine the Miz will turn face. Orton's not a good face on the mic, so that really just leaves Miz to carry the microphone in the main event.

The best thing going for the Miz right now is he is great on the mic. Draws huge heat on himself. RAW doesn't have any other good heels right now so I think he should stay with what he's doing.

I've heard some people mention that his lack of wrestling ability would lead to him not being successful as a face. That is absolutely ridiculous and ignorant. Faces for the most part do far less work than the heels do in a match. Look at Cena, he gets beat down the entire match and then he does his move set and wins the match and it works for him. I'm not bashing Cena in that because it works the best for a face, you get a great reaction and the fans become behind each move. This would be even more the case for a smaller Miz. He could get the hell beat out of him for the majority of the match and then out of know where come up with his finisher for the win or make a small run with his signatures. I'm not in favor of a face turn at this point but I think the Miz as a face would be better received as far as in ring work is concerned.

Listen people, The Miz is the new Gorgeous George. Like GG, The Miz is a heel and pure entertainer. They do things to entertain the crowd all the while being a terrific villain. Like GG, The Miz has become a celebrity and hangs out with stars and goes on talk shows. Like GG, he does a lot for fans and charity and is an excellent mic worker. Like GG, he's a good in ring performer but tells a story in the ring more than wrestle. Like GG, people loved him, loved to boo him, and were very entertained by his work.

So yes, The Miz is very much the new Gorgeous George. Like GG, The Miz is a heel, has become a face for wrestling entertainment, and a heel we all just love to boo and be entertained by.

"A lot of people will pay to see someone shut your mouth. So keep on bragging, keep on sassing and always be outrageous." - Gorgeous George

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back