• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So what's next for Edge?

emceelokey

Occasional Pre-Show
Taker's gone, Kennedy's gone, Batista sucks. Where do you think they'll go with it?

I would like to see him do something with Hardy again. I thought they just totally dropped the ball when Hardy returned after being released. Just a program to end at SummerSlam or something with Edge retaining of course. The feud could be built around the fact that Hardy beat Kennedy clean and Edge had to cheat to beat Kennedy to get the MITB. Edge can say that if it wasn't for the fact that he fucked Hard's girl he wouldn't even be back in the WWE. He saved his career!

They pretty much have no choice, but to move some people up from mid card to the main event picture. I don't want to see Batista in the run for the title anymore. Just so boring. Edge can carry him, but just too boring.

well from what I heard they are planning for a Edge/Batista feud to start as soon as next week, after that I'm hopeing he moves onto someone like Benoit or Kane, also Mysterio is due to comeback pretty soon I think, so after the Batista/Edge feud maybe Edge could move into a short feud with Mysterio, those could be some interesting matches imo, then if Kennedy is back have him and Edge start a good 3-4 month feud at Unforgiven, then have Edge feud with Taker going into WM, assuming Taker is back by then

hmmm i would want to see bastisa lose and they continue the fued with MH and Batista let randy come 2 smackdown n give edge and RKO and let them fued over the title and RO wins

Edge/Batista has already been officially announced for the JD card. I'm hardly thrilled about it but Batista's the most sensible choice as a title contender currently, as much as I hate to say it. Still, it'll be 100x better than Cena/Khali!

WWE seems to like Batista, I cant see the edge batista thing ending soon. the only possible alternative is with edge and hardy. And hardys nota main event guy.

They should have Beniot lose at JD and Batista lose due to Mark Henry interfering. Then have Batista feud with Henry because it never happened a year ago when it was supposed to happen and have Beniot feud with Edge. That would draw.:flair:

They should have Beniot lose at JD and Batista lose due to Mark Henry interfering. Then have Batista feud with Henry because it never happened a year ago when it was supposed to happen and have Beniot feud with Edge. That would draw.:flair:

That would draw, unlike craptista benoit is actually a good match for Edge. I have wanted Benoit to be pushed like Bret Hart in his prime and then go into a fued against edged, mainly because this would give us better matches than Cena/Edge and elevate Edge past Cena. Summerslam needs a few good matches to help it draw, Kennedy/Edge can either wait or make it a triple threat.

Why, why, why, why, do people want to see Randy Orton back on Smackdown... if you don't change things up, it will repeat itself. Edge, is a Raw guy, that just captured the Smackdown title (cause thats mainly all it is). That would imply the SD superstars in the back, have gotten a sense of "invasion" from Raw. So you DON'T need ANOTHER Raw superstar coming over. Randy was on Smackdown for a while and played his role there. Now, they need Edge on Smackdown, because he hasn't been there a whole lot. It makes more sense to keep the two separate, and milk the feud for later down the road. Because then it would be the former members of Rated RKO going at it, and possibly when Orton pulls his head out of his ass. Because thats the reason he is doing the J-O-B, he needs to take the business more serious and not f*ck up like he does.

Ok well obviously we are going to see Edge vs Batista over the next few months. Probably up until SummerSlam. Mr. Kennedy will be back some time in July and if they turn him face (which they probably will), we could see Kennedy/Edge feud almost until the end of the year. Then once Undertaker returns, he will want revenge on Edge and they could feud up to WrestleMania 24 where a match could take place between them.

In my opinion i would love to see Smackdown bring: Beniot, Kane, Matt Hardy and Mark Henry into the main event scene. Not all at once but in the near future. Beiot doesnt need an explaination, Kane is an amazing wrestler who deserves another damn title run, Matt Hardy is a great wrestler who is ver underused, and Henry is a good wrestler for a big man and i think he fits well in title feuds.

As much as I don't want to see Batista in the picture, it's not realistic. I hope Batista does his best to put on good matches, but I want Edge to retain. No matter who Edge faces in the coming months, I want him to stay on top. He wasn't given a decent run with the WWE Championship so hopefully that changes here. It seems that a lot of people would like Matt Hardy to be champ one day. I wouldn't like it if he was champ. I couldn't get excited about him, and I'm not even sure I would want to see him in a title match. The potential contenders class on Smackdown seems a little week to me right now. I think Rey vs. Edge would be a great fued, and thankfully he'll be returning within the next few months. Once 'Taker and Mr. Kennedy return it should be even better.

Along with Triple H and the Undertaker, Edge is the best wrestler out there. He deserves to have the belt for a while. I'd really like to see a rivalry with Kennedy when he returns in a few months. Also, It would be sick if Taker got in it when he returns. Overall, Edge is THE best wrestler: Mic skills, talent, and performance in the ring. He is just siiiiiiick. Expect a long run for Edge. YEAAA YEAAA

I see Edge beating Batista at Judgement Day via interference by Mark Henry. Then he does a three way program with them until Kennedy returns and then they feud for the WHC. Kennedy is face by now and they have a big feud. Kennedy ends up winning the WHC at the end of the feud and Edge cashes in his rematch clause and Kennedy wins again to put Edge away. I hate it because I want Edge to have the title until Wrestlemania like JBL had it and then job it over to someone.

At JD, Kane is going to play a major role in the title match between Cena and Khali. Its an unevenly matched main event to begin with and Kane would add to the drama. Cena will win because of Kane. Kane and Khali fued will begin and eventually lead Kane to a title shot with Cena. Orton and HHH fued will heat up. Both of them will want their shot at the title. The Elimination chamber will come into play at Summer Slam. Kane, Khali, HHH, Orton, Cena, and last but not least, Jehrico. Since Cena got him fired, he is going to want some revenge. Cena and Jehrico feud will heat up just before Summer Slam. Lets throw Lashley and The Undertaker in the mix also since all 3 titles are going to be unified...http://forums.wrestlezone.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
Thumbs up

So at Judgement Day we got Cena vs. Khali, Edge vs. Batista and maybe McMhaon vs. Lashley again? Wow!

I believe there's supposed to be a SNME in CAnada this summer so there might be a possibility of an Edge vs. Benoit feud but I doubt they'll pit Canadian against Canadian in the long term.

I too would love for Edge to have a very long run with the WHC. His run on RAW never lasted and now that he is out of the shadow of Triple H and no longer "jobbing" to Cena, he should have a very decent run.

I'd like to see Finlay start something up with Edge.. And have Hornswoggle turn and win the title, so Finlay will go after him.

1/ Edge vs Batista
2/ Edge vs Mysterio
3/ Edge vs Benoit

Then just in time for Mania 24

Edge vs Taker for the gold

Hell you could also have Edge vs Kennedy and Edge vs Matt Hardy II in 2008 for the gold

Adam Copeland is gonna be a busy man in the blue brand

Along with Triple H and the Undertaker, Edge is the best wrestler out there. He deserves to have the belt for a while. I'd really like to see a rivalry with Kennedy when he returns in a few months. Also, It would be sick if Taker got in it when he returns. Overall, Edge is THE best wrestler: Mic skills, talent, and performance in the ring. He is just siiiiiiick. Expect a long run for Edge. YEAAA YEAAA

are you blind??
the best wrestler out therehasnt had the world title in 4 and a half years and the wwe title in over 9.
its quite sad actually, i'd love to see him and edge at summerslam or possibly wm24

How about this:
Judgment day
Edge vs Batista
(Mark Henry interferes, and attempts to reinjure Batista)
Batista says he will never be able to regain the title without first putting out Henry the next Raw
Chris Benoit losses his title to MVP
Hardys loss the titles to Cade and Murdock

Bring to like the end of the Teddy Long reign, and have Kennedy become GM, causing havoc of all the lower card wrestlers to the point where he is a tweener, but gets into it with Matt Hardy, and MVP, stating that he will be paying close attention to their ONE NIGHT STAND match

Benoit begins his challende against Edge, highlighted at SNME in Canada

One Night Stand
Have MVP and Matt Hardy for the US title, which involves a cheap shot by MVP. Have Kennedy do a run in, and grab the title, and say this match has been forfitted, and the title is vacant

Batista fights Mark Henry in a first blood match, which ends when Henry jumps off of the top rope onto Batista being on the announce table and batista "Spits up blood".

Edge vs Benoit One hell of a match, which if I were WWE have as my end match, but you know it wont, and would end up being the middle match of the night. Make is close, but have Edge win still

Vengence

Hardy vs MVP in a ladder match, which ends up in a no contest, when they are both on the top of a ladder, and crash through the tables

Mark Henry vs Batista again, but this time in a Three Stages Of Hell match, and let Batista win

Edge vs Finlay vs Benoit
Make this a shorter match then the ONS match, with the biggest portion of th ematch between finlay and benoit (Have benoit with the advantage), ending with a spear to finlay by Edge for the victory

The Next Weeks
Kennedy turns heel

Start a tournament for the US Title

Finlay
Matt Hardy

King Booker
MVP

Kane -Ends in both men being unable to compete-
Boogeyman

Kennedy
BYE (Gives him a week to get healthy for sure)

Hardy
MVP

Kennedy
BYE (Until a returning Mysterio Returns to have a match)

Vickie Guerrero becoems the new GM forcing Kennedy to fight

Kennedy Cheats to win his match against MYsterio

GAB

Hardy wins and become the United States Champion at Great American Bash over Kennedy after Vickie prevents Kennedy from cheating

Edge vs Benoit
Benoit pins Edge after Edge misses spear into a cross face

Batista fights Henry in a Hell in a Cell match

SummerSlam

Batista vs Henry in a I QUIT match- If neither of these two are injured, which the love to have happen, have Batista win
Edge vs Benoit in a TLC Match Edge becomes the champ leaving Benoit wanting revenge
Hardy vs MVP for the title MVP wins, as he is truly, the MVP
Kennedy vs Mysterio - I cant even imagine who would win this match, but it sets it up for a possible 5 man scirimish after Summer Slam for the Title

Kennedy, Benoit, Mysterio, Batista, and Edge, with Henry and the returning Undertaker shawdowing over Resulting in a possible (this is planning hella in advance but

Benoit Kennedy
Batista Edge
Mysterio Henry
Undertaker MVP
Hardy Booker

Survivor Series Match

Trinity Bowles

At JD, Kane is going to play a major role in the title match between Cena and Khali. Its an unevenly matched main event to begin with and Kane would add to the drama. Cena will win because of Kane. Kane and Khali fued will begin and eventually lead Kane to a title shot with Cena. Orton and HHH fued will heat up. Both of them will want their shot at the title. The Elimination chamber will come into play at Summer Slam. Kane, Khali, HHH, Orton, Cena, and last but not least, Jehrico. Since Cena got him fired, he is going to want some revenge. Cena and Jehrico feud will heat up just before Summer Slam. Lets throw Lashley and The Undertaker in the mix also since all 3 titles are going to be unified...http://forums.wrestlezone.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
Thumbs up

Too bad thats not going to happen. There not going to unify all three champions and there certainly not sending Kane to RAW. Let's be realistic here instead of indenial. Cena vs. Khali is to get Cena over and probally another way to recreate Wrestlemania III by having Cena F-U Khali and win cleanly and then HBK hits him with Sweet Chin Music. Kane can have a short term feud with Edge but then again he is in the tag division with Boogeyman. The best option is for Edge to go long term with Henry and Batista or short term with them and short term with Kane and then a long term feud with Kennedy.

Edge has unlimited potential if the WWE bookers don't screw up his title run. He has the next year laid out for him perfectly, it's just getting through the next couple of months that will be shaky.

1. Obviously Batista, but this will be shorter then most people think. Batista will be off feuding with Mark Henry before you know it, and Edge will actually be able to get into a feud with someone that can actually spell wrestling, let a lone perform wrestling.

2. I would love, and I hate Matt Hardy, to see Edge just squash this no talent in a short mid-summer, GAB match. It will silence all of the MF'ers out there once Hardy melts in teh spotlight once again. The sooner Hardy looks like a toola gain in a big feud, the sooner he will go away.

3. Benoit vs. Edge at Summerslam. It won't happen, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. Could you imagine, a main event at a big pay per view that is actually worth buying, no please, don't tease me.

4. Rey Mysterio vs. Edge. I don't understand the hatred the Mysterio gets from some people, especially the ECW crowds. Here is a guy that just bust his ass in the ring, and gets shit on for it. I've always thought Rey's in ring ability was solid, and no dobut a feud with Edge would be a great change of pace.

5. These can be inner changed. The two guys that Edge put on the shelf are going to be coming back. So we have these two gems to look forward to. Edge vs. Kennedy, which I personally believe should be the main event at WM24 this year. Not in the mid card, the Main event, but we'll be stuck with Triple H Cena 14, which is pretty much confirmed since HHH wants to be heel again. I have a bad feeling, the belt is going to get hotshoted to Kennedy at Summerslam. I would much rather see it happen at Survivor Series though, which sets up...

6. The return of the deadman. We've been talking about it for probably a year now, two guys that until this week, have stayed away from each other in the ring. It won't be for the belt, but Edge vs. Undertaker, if it happens, will steal the show at WM 24. No doubt, no questino, no discussion. These two are going to put on a helluva show that is going to make cynical bastards like me softies. Look for this match to be buried in the low card, so people will forget what a real match looks like by the time Cena/Triple H rolls around, hmm, didn't that happen this year at WM with the MITB going on first, no, WWE wouldn't do anything like that.

There you have it, Edge has a great year comign up if it doesn't get fucked up, which is a huge if.

I just saw this on wwe.com:

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/sdspecial/sdwhohasedge/

It's a great graphic in basically the title scene on Smackdown! for the next year. It doesn't confirm anything, but it makes it look like Edge is in for a long reign, that this is his time to shine.

There are some great looking feuds there.

well from what I heard they are planning for a Edge/Batista feud to start as soon as next week, after that I'm hopeing he moves onto someone like Benoit or Kane, also Mysterio is due to comeback pretty soon I think, so after the Batista/Edge feud maybe Edge could move into a short feud with Mysterio, those could be some interesting matches imo, then if Kennedy is back have him and Edge start a good 3-4 month feud at Unforgiven, then have Edge feud with Taker going into WM, assuming Taker is back by then

they should let Benoit in the main event picture man how long was it that he had a world titlematch just betraying the boy

edge will keep his title for awhile and then will lose it to batista.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back